Blood

More Like Me: The Prequel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RING RING RING RING

Jessica quickly ran to the living room and answered the phone and then she ran back to the kitchen to check up on Sooyoung. “Tiff, it’s me.” Jessica said over the line.

“Awwwwww!!” Sooyoung cried out loud holding her hand.

“Ms Jessica? Is everything okay there?” Tiffany asked weirdly. “And why are you using Sooyoung’s phone?” Tiffany had a lot of questions running through her mind.

“Long story. My phone died.” Jessica informed. “Oh god Ms Jessica. I’ve been trying to call you for so many times.” Tiffany sounded restless. “The representatives from Philippines are already here since 8.30AM, waiting for you. Your parents have been trying to look for you. This presentation is important!” Tiffany said again.

“And your sister has been calling the office non-stop. She has class at 10!” Tiffany informed Jessica.

“I’m going to dieeeeeee..” Sooyoung’s voice was heard.

Jessica was really having a difficult morning. She really couldn’t think at that time.

“I’m going to dieeeee..” Sooyoung whined out loud.

“Ms Jessica?” Tiffany called out for Jessica since she didn’t respond anything to her. “Oh godddd!”  She exclaimed loudly.

“Can you please postpone the presentation to 11am. Just make up any reasons Tiffany. I’m exhausted here!” Jessica yelled out to her assistant. “Tell them I’m sick or whatever.” She sighed.

“Ask Krystal to take the bus.” Jessica said as she pressed her forehead with her hand. She was trying hard to think to settle everything.

“I’m going to dieeeee..” Sooyoung was still whining. Her bandage around the thumb area was covered with so much blood. It made Jessica dizzy even more.

“Ms Jessica, is Sooyoung okay?? Is she really dying?” Tiffany just had to ask.

“I’ll be at the office by 11am.” Jessica straightaway ended the call. “For god sake Sooyoung!  You are not going to die!!” Jessica yelled loudly to the girl. Sooyoung looked at her innocently with teary eyes. She was sitting on the kitchen’s floor at the time holding on her hand.

Then Jessica looked at the cup on the kitchen counter and the can of coffee; somehow she felt guilty. How could she get mad at the girl? “I’m sorry for yelling.” Jessica mumbled softly as she kneeled down on her knees next to Sooyoung. “Let me see.” Jessica gently took the hand and looked at it.

“This needs to be changed.” Jessica said as she remembered what the doctor said. The clinic did give them extra bandages, antiseptics, and several other creams that Jessica had no idea what those were.

“I don’t wanna change it.” Sooyoung mumbled slowly. Only god knows how painful it was. “Soo, it needs to be changed. If not, it will be infected and if that happens, the doctor might need to cut the whole finger.” Jessica said with a straight face.

“You don’t want that right? How are you going to play games without your thumb?” Jessica asked.  “We have to change this now. I really need to go to work Sooyoung.” Jessica said again.

“But I wanted to make you coffee.” Sooyoung mumbled innocently. Seriously, how could Jessica be mad at this girl?

“It’s okay. I’ll just get coffee along the way.” Jessica smiled and then she stood up from the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter