#4. Vision

NeffyShorties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The paper had crumpled in her hand. She had read it again and again and still had no idea what to feel about it. The handwriting was neat. She noticed thicker ink appeared whenever she was written. So her donor was a she. She kind of had figured it out but the revelation made her satisfied somehow.

 

“So what are we going to do about it?” Yoona asked carefully. “Are you considering meeting your donor’s family?”

 

 Taeyeon bit her lower lip. Her brows furrowed deeply. She didn’t think the donor’s family would want to meet this quick. She thought they’d be exchanging letters a couple times before deciding to meet face to face. She didn’t think she was ready for it to happen anytime soon. She was naturally an awkward person. She didn’t want to come across disrespectful or something. It’d make her sounded like a douche but one thing she only cared about at the moment was finding the closure of her dreams.

 

“I – I honestly scared, Yoong.”

 

“I know.” She patted Taeyeon’s shoulder sympathetically. “Take your time. Don’t rush anything. Remember, you’re not obliged to anything.”

 

“Yeah, but the longer I postpone it, the longer I’d get my answer.”

 

Yoona sighed lowly. One character about Taeyeon that she hated sometimes was that if she had set on something, she’d hold onto it until it’s proven wrong. It was frustrating that Taeyeon didn’t allow another possibilities into sight. The most rational one was maybe something happened to her psyche because of the massive trauma. She should’ve visited a professional shrink to discuss whatever was happening with her. Or maybe, the dream even meant nothing at all.

 

Yoona realized that she was the one who gave Taeyeon this idea. She kind of felt bad about it now.

 

“Don’t hit me for saying this but… don’t get too pressed over this, Taeyeon. The woman in your dream might have nothing to do at all with your donor’s family.”

 

“A woman wrote this letter, Yoong. You know this is a woman’s handwriting. She specifically said that she’d wear a jumpsuit.”

 

“Men can wear jumpsuit, too.”

 

“What if she is the woman in my dream?”

 

“Keyword: what if.” The taller girl said as a matter of fact. “We don’t know who this person is for your donor. Okay, say it is a she. She could be her mother, her sister, her aunt, her friend–”

 

“Or her partner.” Taeyeon finished the sentence. Her gut strongly suggested this idea. Why would her donor touch the woman in her dream so inappropriately if they weren’t lovers?

 

“Fine!” Yoona threw her hands in the air. “You go meet this person.”

 

“We.” Taeyeon pointed her index finger towards Yoona. “We’re meeting her. I can’t go alone.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“You’re my bail. If it goes wrong, do something.” Taeyeon rolled her eyes at the obvious reason.

 

“Some friends you are.” Yoona muttered under her breath.

 

-----

 

If the person she was meeting this noon was indeed the woman in her dream, Taeyeon most definitely had to take a cold shower quickly. The night before their meeting schedule, Taeyeon dreamt about this woman . They didn’t do anything, just stared at each other. The feeling of closeness and love sparked inside her and it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter