Home (Alternative Universe) #2

NeffyShorties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s note: Law is not my field. However, I will do my best to do research and make this story enjoyable for everyone. I write the storyline based on the applicable law in my country. It may be different from the other countries. Enjoy, folks!

 

 

She had tried to be positive and not really thinking about it. But the more she did that, the more pissed she got. She couldn’t get it. She did her best to help and respect her wish. What did she get instead? A lawsuit. It was unbelievable how vicious people could become for a personal gain. What did they want, aside from money, from her? She couldn’t bring their mother back. Was it revenge so that she couldn’t practice medicine and become an unemployed? 

 

She failed to understand.

 

Devastated after losing a family member was an understatement. Everybody knew that. But taking someone else to blame after she saved her in the first place was somehow unacceptable.

 

Normally, she’d run with alcohol in time like this. However, she was not in the mood for that. Drinking till she drunk was not what she needed at the moment.

 

“Thank you.” The cashier said as he took the money from Taeyeon’s hand and gave her the change. “Please wait for a second.”

 

Taeyeon nodded and went to find a nice spot to sit.  

 

The more she thought about it, the angrier she got. It didn’t make any sense. How heartless those people can be? What good would they get should the official revoke her license?

 

Taeyeon mumbled a low thank you when the barista placed her drink on the table. The afternoon was slow. There weren’t many people in the shop. The barista noticed the gloomy feeling in Taeyeon’s eyes and decided to be kind.

 

“Enjoy your drink.”

 

Taeyeon smiled a bit to the young girl and went back to the sight outside the large window.

 

Her phone on the table buzzed.

 

“Hey.”

 

“Where are you? I didn’t see you at the hospital all day.”

 

“I’ve got nothing to do there.” She took a deep breath. “I’m at a coffee shop, somewhere in Cheongdam-dong. Why?”

 

“Nothing, I’m just asking.” Yuri paused a bit. “Call me if you need anything, okay?”

 

“Sure.”

 

“How…” The general surgeon hesitated. “How’s the case going?”

 

“Have not heard anything from my attorney. She suggested mediation–”

 

“Just do it.” Yuri cut off.

 

“With the possibility I pay some money for them. That is a joke I will never accept. I will not settle for that kind of agreement. I have integrity. I rather fight in the court. I don’t care how much I have to pay for that attorney. I’m not giving up.” She spoke louder and louder.

 

“Not everything has to be settled with a fight, Taeyeon. Think about it. There’s a chance you will lose and then what? What do you want to do? Request for an appeal? Look, I’m not a law girl. But I know enough how tiring it will be. Do you really want to go that far?”

 

“If you know me enough, damn yes I will go through hell to prove that I am right.” She hung up the phone and slammed it against the wooden table angrily.

 

-----

 

The second time Taeyeon met Tiffany was in the lawyer’s office. The surgeon pulled the rearview towards her checking her hair and shirt. She sniffed her armpits a bit and reached for a perfume she left in the car. Decided that she was decent enough, Taeyeon took off the sunglasses and stepped out from the black Mercedes into the building.

 

She felt eyes were on her. Taeyeon frowned wondering why. She was not that messy… right? Keeping her cool, Taeyeon confidently entered the elevator. Tiffany had texted her regarding her office address.

 

“Good morning. My name is Bae Soojung, Ms. Hwang’s secretary, how can I help you?” The young woman greeted Taeyeon warmly.

 

“Um… my name’s Kim Taeyeon. I have an appointment with Ms. Hwang in…” Taeyeon glanced at her watch.

 

“Seven minutes.” The woman finished the sentence. “I was about to call you. Ms. Hwang is free now. Please, this way.”

 

-----

 

“Doctor Kim.” Tiffany stood up and walked towards her client.

 

“Ms. Hwang.” They shook hand formally.

 

“Please, have a seat.” For a split s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter