#1. Blue Heaven

NeffyShorties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: I've posted it long before. But since I've taken it down, I'll post it here.

-----

 

I knew something wasn’t right. I knew I shouldn’t have let you go. Now I’m on my own and I have to be strong for both of us, for your sake.

 

For three months one week three days eight hours fifteen minutes seven seconds I slept at this bed alone, three months one week three days eight hours fifteen minutes seven seconds of waking up without you, without the love of my life staring straight back at me then gave me my favorite morning kisses as much as I wanted to, three months one week three days eight hours fifteen minutes seven seconds I had to survive without you and I had to stand still for the both of us. In every tears I always convinced myself that you were here, you were with us. Every time I looked at your picture I heard you said ‘hold on, love, you can do this’.

 

No, Taeyeon. I can’t do this. Not without you.

 

“Come on, Tiff. It will rain,” Key squeezed Tiffany’s shoulder gently. Sadness was plain in his voice.

 

Tiffany wiped off the tears that rolled down to her cheeks. She shook her head weakly, refusing to move from where she stood.

 

“We can’t stay here, Tiffany. It’s drizzling already. We must go now.” He tried to drag Tiffany out of cemetery before the storm arrived. Tiffany didn’t shift any inch. She was still staring longingly at the certain gravestone where the love of her life symbolically rested in peace forever in there.

 

“Tiff, you’ll get cold if we don’t go now. Think about your child!” Sunny pulled her arms roughly as Tiffany stumbled on her feet.

 

“Sunny! Be careful! You’re hurting her!” Key slapped the blonde’s hand off Tiffany and helped her walked towards the car. “You okay?” He asked softly, earning a small nod from Tiffany. “Don’t mind her, okay? She’s just tired. We’ll take you home now.” Again, Tiffany only gave him a nod. Then Key closed the passenger’s side and made his way to the driver’s seat.

 

Several times Key threw a concern gaze from the rearview. Tiffany was looking out the window vacantly. Key fully understood how Tiffany felt – the feeling of losing a person she loved to death. Tiffany was a complete mess since the official confirmed Taeyeon’s death. It wasn’t even the worst part, no, it was the fact that her body was missing, not even her pinky was found.

 

Tiffany believed that Taeyeon was still alive. Tiffany said that she got a call from Taeyeon but missed it because she was in a meeting. She tried to call back but Taeyeon’s phone was off. To be honest, Key thought it wasn’t possible. It didn’t make any sense. Tiffany was shaken so bad that it was starting to affect her judgment. He had to be the rational one since his best friend was losing her mind. He needed to keep his sanity intact. The police stated that all the passengers were dead.

 

“Tiff? Your doctor appointment is tomorrow, do you want me to come?” Key asked cautiously considering it was a sensitive subject for her.

 

“Saturday is your and JungSoo’s day. I’ll be okay,” she spoke emotionlessly. Key nudged Sunny’s side as he glared sternly at her.

 

“I can go with you, if you want?” Sunny offered.

 

“You can doesn’t mean you want to. I’ll go by myself.”

 

“Well–”

 

“Tiffany, I’ll go with you, okay? I’ll call the hospital. Ten o’clock sounds good?” Key cut Sunny before the blonde said something stupid and increased the tense atmosphere between them even more. “I’m sure JungSoo won’t mind. We can go to lunch after if you’re up for it?”

 

“Okay,” Tiffany answered shortly. Not long after, she closed her eyes as she entering the slumber state.

 

“You’re rude, Sunny.” Key scolded at the girl beside him lowly when he was convinced that Tiffany was fast asleep at the moment. He couldn’t wait any longer to lecture his friend.

 

“She needs to accept that Taeyeon will never come back, Key. She’s wasting her time and she hurts her child because of it. Don’t even think that I don’t care about her. I know her long before you met her. She’s like my own sister and this is killing me. Taeyeon was my best friend, too. I never want any of this happen but it happened. I’m afraid Tiffany’s going to harm the baby, you know?”

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about and I’m not sure I want to hear it.”

 

“I’m not saying Tiffany will literally ‘harm’ him slash her,” Sunny air quoted the word. “It’s just that… she barely eats and all she does is daydreaming. It’s not healthy.”

 

“She’s getting better. She needs time for full recovery.”

 

“How long? ‘Till her baby is born? In a year? Ten years? Wound like this will never heal, Key. There is no cure for it other than acceptance.”

 

“Look, she’s dealing with hard situation. She’s trying to survive the least we can do is support her. Quit being such a douche.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter