Move #4

NeffyShorties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon was not ready for Monday. After the news about her and Tiffany a.k.a. after they broke up, she hid at one of the hotels her family owned in Jeju Island. Two days obviously weren’t enough to mend a broken heart. Still, she was the vice president. Monday and work would come no matter what and as she said it herself, their relationship – whether it was on or off, it wouldn’t affect her job performance.

 

She tried to make peace as soon as possible. It no less, though.

 

As she was sitting on her chair, Taeyeon her phone. It was off for two days. It buzzed nonstop the moment it succeeded getting the signal. Dozens of mails, voice mails, texts, she scrolled through it all. Business partner, Mr. Shin, Tiffany, Sooyoung, Sunny, Mr. Bo, Mother, Father (now that was surprising). But she replied none of them.

 

When she was hiding from everyone, she didn’t do anything much except thinking. She had been preparing herself for this day to come. She shouldn’t be disappointed this much. She knew Tiffany well enough. This was not that kind of fame she wanted. She somehow had predicted that Tiffany would leave sooner or later. Still, nothing could protect a heart perfectly even when it was meant to be broken from the very start.

 

She tried to cheer herself up. She reasoned that she was protecting – giving Tiffany a favor to keep her away from an ugly fate for being with her.

 

A knock on the large door made her looked up.

 

“Your morning coffee, Ms. Kim.” Her private secretary placed the medium cup on the table. She nodded a little when Taeyeon muttered thank you. “I’ve got all the file you need to sign. When do you want to do it?”

 

Taeyeon shrugged. “I have time now. Do I have meeting today?” Her schedule was in her phone but she didn’t feel like looking at it.

 

“Not until eleven. Only two today and I think it won’t be that long. I’ve arranged doable schedule for you… you know, in case you need time… out.” She mumbled the last word carefully.

 

“Thanks, Seohyun-ah. That’s very nice of you.” Taeyeon smiled genuinely.

 

“Mr. President and your mother are not in Seoul, so…”

 

“Aren’t they?” Taeyeon was surprised. “Where are they going?”

 

“Frankfurt. They left on Sunday morning.”

 

“How do you know this information?”

 

“Ms. Im told me. Said if I’m able to change your schedule a bit. Monday is always the worst and although I know how dedicated you are into this job but everyone needs a break once in a while, Ms. Kim.”

 

“Yeah. I need that.” The boss sipped her awfully sweet coffee. She liked it overly sweet since she was not fond of the bitter taste. “Thanks. I really appreciate that, Seohyun-ah.”

 

“No problem. I’ll take the file now and leave you with it.”

 

-----

 

The thing of owning an important role in a big company was that the responsibility was as high as the position. She couldn’t just sign these files. She had to re-read them, making sure there was no mistake because once her signature marked the paper, she’d be held accountable for it.

 

She couldn’t believe herself for saying this but… this boring job was actually helping her to forget about her personal life. It’d be temporary but it was better than nothing.

 

The fourth knock on her door, again, making her looked up from the files.

 

“Yes, Seohyun?”

 

“Someone’s here to see you.”

 

“Are they on my meeting lists?”

 

“No, but–”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter