Confession

NeffyShorties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tuesday, November 8th, 2016; 9.10a.m.
Airport has always fascinated me. There’s something so lively about this place that attract me to no end. I want to travel the world. I want to see places with my own eyes. I want to experience what universe has to offer. It has always been my dream.
 
But today, as I sit at the airport waiting room alone, I sense my heart is creaking. I realize how lonely it can be. It is so suffocating. Getting out of comfort zone is always frightening. But it will be a great lesson to learn. Amazing experience is waiting ahead of me.  
 
But my heart is in this city, still will be in this city, till you’re ready to go with me.
 
Waiting will be hell. My longing wouldn’t be satisfied in a blink of an eye. Text and call are all I can do to somehow beat this loneliness. I wish my decision to be away from you for a while is worth it. To be able to hold you permanently, I think I have to take steps a few miles from you temporarily.
 
12.00 a.m
I’m running out of time. I should be boarding to my flight by now. But instead, I’m busy counting seconds in the bus, hoping it’d move faster. It’s my first time being in this new terminal. Out of my expectation, I have to walk far to get to my gate. I’m sweating bullets but at the same time, admiring the beauty of this magnified building.
 
I wish you were here. There are hundreds people, minding their own business. And there’s me, walking with my mind wandering around. I chuckle to myself, it’d be so inconvenience for you to walk this great distance. Your knees will be in pain and the plane will leave us for sure. But that’s okay. At least we’ll stuck together and figure something out together.
 
I really want to go to adventure with you. Even if we have to stop many times to rest. Even if we have to miss the buss, plane, train, whatever it is. I know we’d still have fun and laugh it off.
 
I miss you, babe.
 
17.35p.m.
When I reach the hotel, I call you immediately and stop just before my assigned roommate arrived at the doorway. I greet her with a smile on my face. I text you that I’m tired, you say go take some sleep, but babe, I can’t. My head hurts. I guess I’m a little bit anxious.
 
22.42p.m.
I put my phone in my pocket after sending you a message. I’ll be away for a while to meet up with my friend. I told you about her, remember? Anyway, we chat a lot, catching up and reminisce the old time. She’s not as lucky as I am. She hasn’t got a job yet, despite of graduated years ago. I am grateful to have what I have now. I’ve been through hell to get this title, you know that, you live with that. I hope my hard work will pay off.
 
23.30p.m
I just get back. My roommate is already asleep. Lazily, I brush my teeth and clean up my make up. As I lay down under the blanket, I glance over the girl who sleeps beside me. It’s so weird to share a bed with a stranger.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter