Move #1

NeffyShorties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany knew what was up with her girlfriend. She perfectly understood that everything that was going on in Taeyeon’s life was driving the latter insane. They were both in the last year of university. But Tiffany had done her final exam while Taeyeon got a lot more of it to get through. School had been stressful for her not to mention her family. Her parents had been budging her about graduation. They didn’t really care that their daughter is a two majors student.  Limit is a limit and her four years will be ended at the end of this July. They were very much typical Asian parents. They cared more about title than their daughter’s sanity. Thankfully, Tiffany’s parents were not like that. They gave her freedom to live her life however she pleased. Besides, unlike Taeyeon, she was not the one with multiple big companies to take care after school is over. Her parents owned a few businesses back in the Los Angeles but nothing to compare to Taeyeon’s family.

 

Thus, Taeyeon had been in constant bad mood. She didn’t talk much. She often forgot to eat – even shower. She locked herself in her condo and did nothing but study.

 

One morning, Tiffany came to Taeyeon’s house because she couldn’t reach her since yesterday. Too much to her surprise, instead of books everywhere, it were cans of beer everywhere. Taeyeon was asleep – half trunk was on the couch and the other was on the floor.

 

At time like this Tiffany was glad she was not born in a family with massive wealth and power. The pressure was too annoying to bear. Out of question, it was not suitable for her life. She often asked herself whether it was a good decision to date Taeyeon. Like… okay, dating Taeyeon was nice but she was not sure where to lead this relationship. Taeyeon’s life was too tight, too much rule to follow, too much table manner, walking manner, talking manner, looking at someone manner – this one she didn’t really believe it but it was actually real – writing manner. Taeyeon was not a South Korea princess. But she was the only daughter of a Korean billionaire. Her family owned half of the huge companies in this country started from food to technology – you name it. It was only natural if she continued her parents’ footsteps.

 

Quietly, Tiffany took those cans and threw it to the trash bin in the kitchen. She looked around to find something edible. None in the fridge, none in the cabinet. Tiffany shook her head. She took her phone and called the twenty-four hour fast food restaurant to deliver some food. When she came back to the living room, Taeyeon was already awake. She was sitting on the couch, looking vacantly to the sky above.

 

“Thanks.” The house owner mumbled but loud enough for Tiffany to hear.

 

“Do you need painkiller? I’m going to find–”

 

“No need.” Taeyeon sighed. “I’m not hangover.”

 

“No?” Tiffany asked confusedly. “With that amount of beer you drank?”

 

“It was not me. It was my friends. I didn’t drink a drop.”

 

The pretty girl frowned. Did she hear right? Taeyeon didn’t drink, her friends did. She was missing the whole day yesterday. She didn’t pick up her phone, didn’t reply any text, none, zero.

 

“When were your friends here?” She tried to sound calm.

 

“Last night.”

 

Wrong answer, Taeyeon Kim.

 

“Last night?!” Her anger exploded. “Your friends were here last night but you didn’t even bother to say anything to me?! No news, not even a hello?!”

 

“Why are you so mad?” Taeyeon looked away wearily.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter