Vision #2

NeffyShorties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Leaving their badges and official jackets inside the car, Im Yoona and Kim Taeyeon marched their way to the transplant center inside of hospital building. Taeyeon was anxious. The answer felt so close yet so far. From all the possibilities out there, they first went to the most irrational one. The dreams could appear because of post-traumatic stress disorder. Her physician informed her about this. It didn’t matter even when she was a well-trained police officer. No human could escape this disorder when the trauma was too much to handle.

 

But as a human in denial of psychological distress, she’d avoid that possibility for now. Besides, the dreams bothered her in the most confusing way. She had never had explosion, fighting, gunshots, or warfare – basically anything related to the cause of she lost her eyesight – dreams. Should those appear if it were PTSD?

 

As much as wanted to lie, deep down she felt calmer, peaceful, like everything was on the right place whenever the woman showed up in her dream. It didn’t matter if only her shadow was present. The point was, the dream itself was not disturbing but the reason why she kept popping up was. 

 

“Is it really a brilliant idea?” Taeyeon mumbled more to herself.

 

“Yes, it is.” Yoona answered nonchalantly. “Unless you want to make a U turn and visit a psychiatrist instead.”

 

“I was talking to myself.”

 

That statement made Yoona stopped on her track immediately.

 

“What?”

 

“Maybe we should go to psychiatrist first.”

 

“You’re lucky they have not given me my gun back yet.” Taeyeon rolled her eyes then resumed walking.

 

Soon, they arrived at the information center. The guy who had the whitest teeth Taeyeon had ever seen escorted the two of them to the waiting room. When he was gone inside a room, Taeyeon and Yoona waited. Not long after, he invited them to enter the office.

 

The first thing that Taeyeon noticed when they were inside the Transplant Coordinator’s office was it was huge and extremely cold. A kind looking man offered a handshake, which she accepted politely.

 

Taeyeon was nervous.

 

The man must be aware of that. He just smiled. Not in creepy way, more like… understanding way. They started the conversation lightly. He was professional, didn’t pry on anything personal including if there was any complication or how she lived her live after the transplantation. The way he spoke was also comforting and sympathetic.

 

When she addressed her wish, Mr. Ok nodded warmly.

 

“I fathom your reason and intention. But first, I shall notify you regarding the policy, alright?” He extracted a file from the drawer and pushed it forward towards Taeyeon. “The purpose is to protect the privacy of both parties. You and the donor.”

 

Taeyeon glanced at Yoona. She nodded as response.

 

“Okay. First, if you wish to reach out to the donor’s family you can write them correspondence through us. We will contact them and if they choose to accept your correspondence, then we will forward it. But there’s a chance that they will choose not to or accept it but not going to write back to you. It will take time. Uncertain time. Second, we will have to review it to ensure confidentiality. You can read all what you should and should not include in that file. Any question?”

 

“Um… can I meet my donor’s family? You know… someday? If they’re willing?”

 

“There is no law that prevent you and the donor’s family should all of you choose to stay in contact or meet directly. We have policies to protect the privacy of two parties.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter