Home (Alternative Universe) #8

NeffyShorties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was a reason why she never brought this tragedy up. Getting nightmare almost every night because of it was one thing, but saying it out loud scratched the wound even deeper. Nothing seemed to work out. Every time she tried to walk away, the faded light from Heechul’s eyes pulled her back to the start. The scar on her left shoulder also didn’t help at all. Physically, it had healed years ago but she couldn’t forget the excruciating pain like it was still there – every time she looked at it.

 

Taeyeon took a deep breath. She let go of the pendant and put it back behind her shirt. She walked to the sink and stared at her reflection in the mirror. She clenched her jaw while washing her face in hope that would camouflage the agony somehow. After a while, she was ready to face Tiffany. She couldn’t hide forever anyway.

 

A deep frown quickly formed on her forehead as soon as she walked out from the restroom. People were crowded near the window to see whatever was happening outside. She tried to get a look but no luck since her height was obviously not enough.

 

“Excuse me, sir, what is happening?” Taeyeon asked the closest man beside her.

 

“Car accident. They’re trying to get them out of the car. But the driver seems stuck.”

 

Taeyeon didn’t reply as she rapidly lunged forward to get out from the restaurant. “Wait, no!” She shrieked loudly when she saw a group of men attempted to get the driver out. The men startled, effectively stopped their movement.

 

“Doctor Kim Taeyeon from National Trauma Hospital. Let me assess him first. Call 119 now.”

 

In trauma, it is important to assess and not react carelessly. Good intention often led to a bad outcome because the helper didn’t know what and what not to do. Since Taeyeon was a trained surgeon, she knew exactly what she was doing. She examined him properly and effectively.

 

“I can’t feel my arms and my legs.” The man groaned. “It’s not good, is it?”

 

“Okay. I need you to be still, alright? Don’t move your head.” Taeyeon held the man’s head firmly. She turned to her back. “I need duct tape.” She ordered. Not a minute and she got the item she needed. Quickly but carefully, she taped his head to the headrest. “We have to wait for the help to come. I can’t get you out now. Be still.”

 

“Okay. But my daughter. Please look at her, Doctor. She’s outside.”

 

“Wh – where?”

 

“Over here!” A man shouted. He was pressing a little girl’s arm with a cloth. The girl seemed conscious but she was losing it by the seconds.

 

Taeyeon quickly kneeled and tapped her shoulder gently. The girl opened her eyes tiredly. “Hey. My name is Taeyeon. What’s yours?”

 

She couldn’t answer the question. She only looked at the surgeon with empty eyes as she breathed difficultly. Taeyeon noticed a slight shift of her trachea to the left and took immediate action. She yanked her shirt and there it was a huge bruise on her right chest. Her right chest was also not moving. She touched the skin around it and felt the cracking inside.

 

“I need gloves, alcohol or antiseptic liquid, preferably a 14 gauge needle if there is’nt get me a knife and a tube and a bottle of anything with cap and a bit of water in it.” Taeyeon looked up to see no one was moving. “No one?! Damn it!”

 

Taeyeon sprinted into the pizza restaurant, yelling to the waitress for the items that she needed. As she got all of it, skillfully she made simple water sealed drainage.

 

“Taeyeon what are you doing?” Tiffany appeared out of nowhere, worried was on her face. She was looking for Taeyeon everywhere since she didn’t come back for a while.

 

“Saving a live.” She answered shortly. “Move. I need to get this outside.”

 

No need to be told, Tiffany followed Taeyeon to the sidewalk. She was not a big fan of blood. She heard the loud crashing sound but too scared to see. So being a coward that she was, she sat still on their table. If it were not for Taeyeon, she’d choose to not moving at all.

 

A wave of queasiness attacked the lawyer as soon as she noticed the small pool of blood near the girl’s arm. She kept her distance and tried so hard not to pass out.

 

“I got you, baby girl, okay? Stay with me.” T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter