Crush

NeffyShorties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m over her.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes, really.” Tiffany nodded confidently. “I’m a freshman. I get a new life. Fresh start. She has moved all the way from this town so I’m not going to see her anymore.”

 

“Okay,” Sooyoung patted her friend’s arm. “Good to know then.”

 

“Besides, it was just a silly crush. Puppy love. I was a high school kid. What was I thinking?” Tiffany snorted exaggeratedly.

 

“She’s attractive, Tiffany. Everyone has a crush on her.” Sooyoung spread the ketchup on top of her French fries, enjoying every bite. She didn’t have to add the fact that Taeyeon was a rising star that won the certain singing competition in her very young age. She belonged to public. Tiffany was just another fan for Taeyeon for all Sooyoung knew.

 

Tiffany waved her hand dismissively. “She’s not the only girl that is attractive in this world, Sooyoung. I can get someone better than her.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“What?” Tiffany narrowed her eyes to the taller girl. “You don’t believe me?”

 

“No, I believe you.”

 

“Spill it.”

 

“It’s nothing.”

 

“Sooyoung.” She glared scarily.

 

Sooyoung slurped her Slurpee while eying the girl in front of her, silently contemplating her words. “You’re an attractive girl yourself.” She disregarded the smug grin on Tiffany’s face then continued, “but you pass all your suitors for one and only Kim Taeyeon. You put so much effort for her to notice you but never once she was aware of it – I’ve told that you a million times.”

 

Tiffany’s face fell flat. “Your point?” 

 

“My point is that I’m happy if you’re really over her. Seeing you so sad all the time . I want to have fun with you.”

 

“Yeah! I want to have fun, too! Lets go to the welcoming party this weekend!”

 

“Lets!”

 

 

-----

 

The party was great. She met many people from different majors, chatting with them a bit. She even agreed to get coffee sometime in the future. Tiffany felt like she was in the ninth cloud – free, no more heartbreak. She promised herself that for the four years forward, she’d fill her life with nothing but happiness. 

 

She was talking to this sophomore student, Sunny, about dormitory rule when the room erupted in cheers. She shouted to Sunny’s ear, asking what was happening. The shorter girl shrugged, she also didn’t know.

 

Tiffany toed up, trying to have clearer view. Unfortunately, she wasn’t tall enough.

 

“All right, everyone listen up!” Someone – a guy with deep voice – held the microphone, effectively silencing the roar.

 

“That’s the student body president.” Sunny whispered.

 

“Wow. This is a really great honor for me, personally, to welcome you to our community.” The crowd shrieked again as he rose his hand. “I hope you will enjoy your time here. Without further ado, say hello to Miss Kim Taeyeon!”

 

Tiffany couldn’t believe her ears. It couldn’t be… No, she was moving out of the town. She couldn’t be here. That certain Kim Taeyeon was supposed to be miles away from Seoul. Kim Taeyeon was supposed to be in London – or somewhere she shouldn’t care.

 

Tiffany moved ahead, pushing anyone in her way, completely ignoring the protests.

 

Finally made it to the front line, Tiffany’s shoulders fell in despair.

 

There she was, standing in the middle of attention, Kim Taeyeon, with her irresistible charming smile plastered on her perfect face, waving like a celebrity she was, to the s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter