Chapter 53

Are you the one?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

An hour later the 2 girls were standing outside a small apartment building.

"It's in the second floor." - Bom said, grabbing Young Na's wrist and pulling her towards the building and helping her climb the stairs.

Ding Dong

The door opened and Sung Bae could be seen holding back his tears.

No matter how angry Young Na and Bom were, watching tears in her manager's eyes made her forget about everything else.

"Oppa!? What happened?" - Young-Na questioned.

"I'll testify for you." - were the only words which came out of his mouth shocking both Young Na and Bom.

"How did you know?" - Bom asked and Sung Bae pointed his finger behind.

A man wearing a 'newsboy' hat stood there with a proud smile plastered on his face.

 

"Sajang-nim!" - Young Na hobbled her way to hug her mentor who had gladly opened his arms for her.

"Sajang-nim you should have told us before that you arrived here! We wouldn't have driven so far" - Bom grouched.

"Yah I tried calling both of you, but the call wasn't getting connected." - YG retorted.

 

Due to this small happy reunion, the trio had forgotten about the main objective they had in mind until Sungbae cleared his throat.

"How...... How... I mean you left YGE." - Sungbae asked Young Na in confusion. - " YG kicked you out."

"Ahhhhh that."

Young Na looked at YG before replying - " Will you do the honors or should I do it, Sajang-nim?"

"Be my guest." - YG replied, letting Young Na explain the whole situation to Sungbae, as all of them took a seat in that small apartment.

"The thing is, it was all a 'show'. YG and I had already pre-planned the drama which happened that day in his office."  

 "But you and Jiyong..... in the elevator....?"

"Ahhh we had to make it look realistic. So we improvised." - Young Na giggled. 

Sungbae couldn't hide the shock on his face - "But how did you know?"

"Know that some of YG's staff was working with Soo hee?" - Young Na questioned back, to which Sungbae nodded.

"It was because of a simple mistake one of Soo hee's people made. Love is a dangerous thing you see. The trainee you sent to spy on us fell head over heels over a girl who hated Soo Hee. The girl knew something was going on between that guy and Soo Hee as they used to meet up quite often outside YG, so she cut ties with him. But the guy couldn't stay away from her and came out clean, telling her everything about Soo Hee, which included info about the phone calls getting traced and some people close to YG and Big Bang working for Soo Hee."

"But how did you guys come to know about it?"

"That's were Seungri comes in." - YG answered.

"Seungri has ears all over the place, there's nothing that goes on without him not knowing about it." - Bom added.

"But we had to be sure whatever the trainee said was true or not, so we set up this trap of letting selected people who we think worked for Soo hee, witness the scene that happened in YG's room the other day. This was used to catch Soo Hee's people who worked close to YG. The same plan was executed in Big Bang's team as well, with Seungri and Jiyong spreading some random rumor to certain people. With the help of police we used Soo hee's method against her. We traced the calls that the employees made and from there on it was easy to know who worked for Soo Hee. But since you were off the grid..... we didn't except you to be involved. You were always there for me. You were always happy for me. Was that all an act?" - Young Na questioned, her eyes clearly showing the hurt she received from him.

Sungbae was shocked at the revelation, this was something he didn't expect at all. But the last question just broke his heart, specially the way Young Na looked at him.

With a huge sigh Sungbae answered - "It's my turn to give you the explanation you deserve."

There was a long pause before he continued -" I never planned to hurt you. I wasn't involved in her plan to begin with. It all started on the day of your accident. After your accident occurred and you were sent to the hospital, I went to the police station to get further updates about the culprit but since they still couldn't find anything worth mentioning, I decided to go to the scene myself. While walking near the accident spot, I saw a girl bullying a badly wounded person who was lying down on the ground begging for mercy. I overheard the conversation that was going on. That was when I came to know the whole story, Soo Hee was mercilessly hitting the person who had caused your accident, yelling at him because he didn't kill you."

Sungbae paused again, almost thinking how he was supposed to tell things from now, his face filled with shame.

" Then I did things I shouldn't have done. I got greedy. I threatened Soo Hee that I was going to report her to the police, but it didn't effect her. She just laughed so I made my way back to the police station. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter