Chapter 36

Are you the one?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yah Young-Na, Get up!" - So Eul shock her in a frantic pace - "You are gonna be late."

"My god this girl!" - She mumbled before dragging her off the bed into the bathroom.

Young-Na like a zombie just stood there causing So-Eul to burst out in anger.

"Look you are still a rookie! No one pays much attention to rookies anyway. So if you wanna leave a good  impression about yourself to people better get moving faster."

Young-Na's sleep was gone in an instant, she hurriedly got ready and rushed down towards the car where Sung -Bae was waiting for her with So-Eul already seated inside clearly looking pissed.

The car ride to inkigayo was a silent one, with Young-Na asleep again. She couldn't help but feel tired, she hardly slept for 3 hours.

So-Eul had also fallen asleep, she too was as tired as Young-Na, maybe more than her.

"Young-Na we are here, Noona get up" - Sung-bae called out as they reached the entrance to the building.


 

Once inside, all of them greeted the fellow artist and production staff and made way into thier waiting room. Where a staff member was already present waiting to tell them the order of performance and the minor changes made in the stage.

While the managers heard all the instructions, Young-Na was rushed for her makeup and hairdo.

 

 

BIG BANG'S INTERVIEW:

Anan: "The album you released was a huge success, congratulations"

The group bowed . "Thank you but it's all cause of our fans." -  Daesung replied.

Anan: "Your fan base is pretty huge." 

BIG BANG:"Well yes" (smiles).

Anan :"BIG BANG is an outstanding group in the world. Some of the charms are “having alternative sides and distinctive characters.” 

GD: Our music shows “toughness” but we are actually playful like students of all boys’ school.  We only think about joking around during MC time (laughs); each having distinctive character is also our strength. It seems like we may come into collision at points, but each of us have the “good guy heart” so everything ends up being positive.

Anan: Your alter egos?

GD:  People often think I am slim and orderly, however, I am really a lazy person. When I have a day off I usually sleep all day. When I do wake up, I just chill (laughs).  I use up all of my energy on song production, so I guess I need “charging” period.

Anan: Unseen characters of other members?

GD: YB’s sense of humor is like a kid.  Sometimes I don’t understand why he thinks they’re funny, but when he gets addicted to a joke, he keeps saying it for at least a month.

What’s he into now?

GD:I don’t focus on them so I forgot (laughs). SR has no unforeseen characteristics.  He is full of vitality and does not sleep.  I really want to know what he does flying back and forth.

YB: DS is surprisingly…secretive.  We’ve been working together for so long but I only know a little about him.  He never gets in touch with me outside work schedule and that sometimes hurt my feelings (laughs).  TOP is surprisingly delicate like a bubble. Our houses are close to each other now and he often calls me at night saying “Come, now.” When I reach to his house, he is there being sentimental (laughs). As for GD, we have been together from when we were little. I know too much about him so I am not sure what is unforeseen.  You all think SR is active right? In reality, he is 100 times more active than what you think.  I’m worried about him… He is active no matter how busy.  His manager gets too tired and thinks of quitting his job. To stop the managers from quitting, SR has to give them presents occasionally (laughs).

TOP: GD has a flexible heart, YB has a strong core. SR has so much energy, DS is very reliable.If I talk about the members, it would take a loooong time, and it would lose its mystique. And honestly, talking too much may end up with facts that disappoint the fans (laughs). So I would leave it up to all of you on why I think so. I hope you all could discover members’ different sides.

DS: GD is actually a money saver. He thinks a lot before buying something.  Then, he buys it a lot (laughs). TOP is lonesome; like BIG BANG’s baby (smirks at TOP, indirectly teasing him with Young-Na). I keep watching over his back.

SR: G-Dragon is Asian Michael Jackson.  He is outstanding in everything, having strong presence as a star of music, fashion, and has great aura.  TOP is James Dean.  His handsomeness as a man is over the top! SOL is EXILE’s Hiro-san.  (T/N: Hiro is a leader of a well-known Japanese vocal/dance group EXILE.) He is good at dancing, has leadership, and great at bringing the members together. D-LITE is usually quiet but he suddenly speaks up with striking words.  His commenting skill is like Beat Takeshi. (T/N Beat Takeshi is a well-known Japanese comedian/movie director.) Me… I am Bae Yong Joon! “Winter Sonata” is a K-drama that everybody wants to repeat.  I am also a guy who people would want to repeat.
 

Anan: What does the leader, who brings together this unique group, see in BIG BANG’s future?

GD: Just believing in each other, helping each other, and moving forward no matter what happens. It may be difficult for us to stay as “singers” for our entire life. But we could definitely stay as “artists”.  Music wise of course, visual arts and any other field, my hope is to keep expressing ourselves and keep building new culture.

What is your message for fans?

GD: “Thank you!” I want to say it with all my heart.

YB: The five of us could be together and perform on the stage for the past 10 years thank to our fans’ unchanging love. We can never thank enough. Thank you. I love you.

TOP:I can never forget my gratitude for fans for even a second. I love you.

SR: We’ll give back to your great love by performing actively in the year 2016, too!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter