Chapter 48

Are you the one?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So Young-Na -shi are you ready ?" - the physiologist smiled.

Young-Na nodded.

"Let's take it 5 steps per day ?" 

"5 seems a little too ummmm i don't know. Even a baby can take 50 takes per day." - Young-Na joked but the doctor expression remained the same.

"Okay 5 it is." - Young-Na quickly corrected herself.

"Good. Let's get you shifted to the physio room." 

Young-Na got out of her bed with the assistance of her nurse and was quickly moved to the physio room with So-Eul closely following her.

"Alright first I want you to slowly stretch your left leg." - the doctor instructed Young-Na who was sitting in the wheelchair.

"Haha piece of cake." - Young-na said lifting her leg until it was fully stretched out.

"That's a good start, but that's not the leg I'm worried about. Now stretch your right leg." 

At a painfully slow pace Young-Na lifted her leg, that was what she thought she did but unfortunately her right leg was hardly 5cm above the ground.

"Take it at your own pace. You didn't use your leg for almost 3 weeks. You need to give it some time."

Young-Na couldn't believe what she was seeing, she surely thought she had stretched her leg completely.

"Try again." - the doctor ordered.

Young-Na nodded and tried again. This time it was 10 cm above the ground.

After several short breaks and several tries Young-Na did it. Though she hardly maintained it for a few seconds but she did it.

"See I told you. Just give it some time." - the doctor cheered her up.

"I guess your session for today is done. Ms So Eul can I talk to you." 

"Wait but I thought we were supposed to take 5 steps." - Young-Na protested.

"I'm sorry Ms Young Na but I'm afraid not today." 

"But--"

"You have worked hard today, go get some rest." - the doctor replied before heading out and So-Eul following him.

"What happened?" - So-Eul asked the doctor.

"I'm sorry but her condition .... it's not that great. I guess we need to delay her physio." 

"What! A deal was made between us because you told us you could restore the function of her leg."

"I know, but I didn't know her condition was so bad. I'm sorry."

"Give her a week. If there is no improvement you are free to go. She is a fighter, she will prove it to you."

"I wouldn't be so sure about it." 

 

 

"Unnie? What did the doctor say?" - Young-Na asked her manager.

"Nothing. He just told you need to keep working hard and you will be alright in no time."

"Ahhh seriously? Waaawww !" - Young-Na yelped in joy.

"yeah." - So-Eul replied with a sad smile on her face.

"Unnie give me some fish stew,they told it good for the muscles."

"Yeah? "

"Yep."

"Cool, I'll go get it then. Take some rest till the time I come back." - So Eul replied closing the door to the VIP room.

 

The next day Young-Na was more than hyped up to start walking, but again the doctor dismissed her request of walking by telling  he had some other things to deal with and that she should stick to strengthening her leg by stretching it.

This routine went on for the next few days. Young-Na used to face time the guys everyday and tell them about everything except her physio. She wanted it to be a surprise.

She wanted to walk back to them and say "I'm back."

But right now it all seemed impossible.

As the days passed by it became a fight against herself. Reality struck her that she wasn't strong enough to walk again.

 

 

"Work hard Oppa! Come back soon." - Young-Na showed a fighting sign to her sweet boyfriend.

"Yep I will." - Seunghyun chirped before closing face time.

 

"How's she holding up?" - Daesung asked his hyung.

"I don't think she will be able to hold it in anymore." - Seunghyun confessed.

Seunghyun was in touch with her doctor and So-Eul. He made it a daily habit to ask him about Young-Na's condition and was well aware of her current condition. So-Eul used to update him about Young-Na's condition too.

No matter how convincing Young-Na looked while telling - 'I'm doing fine', Seunghyun knew she was lying. Her face always told a different story.

 

"Hyung you should go meet her. It's almost been a week." - Daesung said, worried about both his Hyung and his little sister.

"Even I'm debating on that."

"We won't mind you skipping one event. She is more important and she has no one by her side."

"Alright, I'll take the first flight available now."

 

 

"Time for your exercises Young-Na." - So-Eul chirped, entering the room with the nurse.

"Time to go get tortured." - Young-Na thought to herself.

"Alright so let's start with stretching." - the doctor ordered.

It had been 7 days since she started her physio and for the past 7 days she didn't move a single step, all she did was stretch stretch and stretch.

"You don't look like you are doing fine. Everything all right ?" - the doctor asked.

"I'm fine. Let's get this done with. Any how you aren't gonna make me walk so what's the point?" 

"Ms Young-Na -"

"Enough with the act. I heard your conversation with So-Eul unnie. Isn't today supposed to be your last day ?"

Everyone in the room was shocked.

"You know what, let me help you. You can leave. I don't think I want to continue this crap anymore." - Young-Na blurted out in anger.

"Ms Young-Na shi It's not what you think. You really are very weak right now." - the doctor tried explaining himself.

"Even though I am weak, isn't it your responsibility to encourage me. But instead what you did was just break me from inside. The sole reason that I'm not able to take even a single

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter