Chapter 64 Gongchan's Ending

Fate or random luck?

 

 Afternoon classes were over and B1A4 together with Kyuneun was spending their free time at their usual spot. Laughter filled their place. Baro and Sandeul were picking on their maknaes while CNU tried his best to stop his dongsaengs. That was their typical routine. Usually, Gongchan was fine with the teasing that his hyungs do but this specific afternoon, he wasn’t in the mood.

 “Channie?”, Baro said.

 “Hello! Gongchan?”, Sandeul said.

 Still no response.

 “Ahji, did something happen to Channie during your class?”, Baro asked.

 “I don’t think so. Here, let me.”, Kyuneun said, to Baro.

 “Chanshik hyung, gwenchana?”

 Just then, Gongchan realized something. This isn’t right. No way, she wouldn’t. Aisht! That girl! How could she!?, he yelled in his mind. He stood all of a sudden which caused his hyungs to stop whatever they were doing.

 “Chanshik hyung, gwenchana?”, Kyuneun asked once again.

 Gongchan glared at Kyuneun, although he knew that he was innocent still he couldn’t stop himself. How could she!?, he asked. He was getting mad.

 “Woah, Channie easy. Kyuneun was just asking if you’re alright. No need to glare at him.”, CNU said, calming Gongchan done.

 *EXHALE* Gongchan was trying his best to stay calm but he can’t. He can’t believe that she would pull a stunt like that and he fell for it. “How dare her!?”, he shouted, he couldn’t control himself anymore.

 Everyone was surprised with the sudden question of Gongchan. Kyuneun was looking straight at Gongchan and knew exactly he meant. Finally, one of them noticed. About time, he thought.

 “Hyung, calm down.”, Kyuneun said.

 “Aisht! I don’t have time for this!”, Gongchan yelled and ran away.

 “YA! CHANNIE! WHERE ARE YOU GOING!?”, Baro asked.            

 “CHANNIE?”, Sandeul yelled.

 “What was that all about?”, CNU asked Kyuneun.

 “Molla.”, Kyuneun answered with a smirk. I guess, he really loves my sister. He discovered her plan. Good luck, noona! I hope he’s the one you’re waiting for, he thought.

 Gongchan ran like he had never run before. I have to find her. There’s no way I’m going to let her escape, he thought. He arrived at the bus station, panting. Good thing, he brought his bag with him. He rode the bus to the once place he knew she would hide.

 After an agonizing bus ride, he arrived at his destination. He grabbed his phone and dialed Haengeun’s number. *TOOT TOOT TOOT*

 “Darn it. Kim Haengeun!”, he cursed.

 Gongchan then begun to ran once more. He was running towards the Kim’s residence. Once there, he rang the doorbell but no one answered. He rang it some more, but no one came out.

 “Haengeun, where on Earth did you go to?!”, he shouted at the empty house. Just then he remembered something.

 “The park/playground!”

 Gongchan then dashed towards the one place he knew Haengeun can’t live without. There a couple of people who were whispering as he dashed between them. Some cursed him but he didn’t care. There was only one thing on his mind and that was to find her. Feeling out of breathe, he finally reached the park/playground. He wiped some sweat of off his forehead and proceeded to search for her.

 He jogged around the west then to east of the place. The place was packed of people, apparently it was the kids’ play time.

 “Where are you?”, he desperately asked. He felt his legs giving up, he had been running like a maniac and his body wasn’t used to it. Just then, he noticed a familiar brown hair person on the swing. She was wearing a charm bracelet that he knew so well. Just like that, his energy returned. He got up and walked towards that person.

 “There you are, I’ve finally found you.”, Gongchan said, out of breathe.

 Haengeun looked up and saw Gongchan in front of her. How did he? He looks tired, she thought. She reached for her handkerchief and wiped some sweat off of Gongchan’s face.

 “How did you find me?”, Haengeun asked, still wiping Gongchan’s face.

 His legs finally gave up which caused Gongchan to sit on the ground. He laughed at himself and smiled at Haengeun.

 “Silly girl, do you really think you can fool me? I know you way too much.”, Gongchan said.

 “I’m sorry, Chanshik oppa. It’s just I don’t---“

 Before she could finish her sentence, Gongchan reached for arms and engulfed her into a tight hug. They stayed like that for a while, only their heavy breathing was heard.

 “You always make me worry, huh?”, Gongchan said to her. Haengeun faced Gongchan and looked down.

 “Mianhe”, Haengeun said, pouting.

 “I don’t know if I can forgive you this time. I mean, you ran away, fooled not only me but the hyungs as well and most of all, you ran away from us.”, Gongchan said.

 “Mwo? Mianhe, Chanshik oppa. Don’t be like that, I didn’t mean to do those things. I’m sorry.”, Haengeun said.

 “Well, there’s one thing that you could do so I’ll forgive you.”, Gongchan said, with a mischievous smile.

 “Jinja? What is it? I’ll do it.”

 Gongchan pointed to his lips. Haengeun didn’t understand what he meant. He rolled his eyes and pulled Haengeun closer, only a few centimeters apart. Haengeun’s heart was beating so fast and Gongchan could feel it. Haengeun could also feel Gongchan’s heartbeat. His heartbeat is just like mine, she thought.

 “Kiss me”, Gongchan whispered. Without hesitation, Haengeun leaned in for a kiss. It wasn’t just like any kiss. Their lips moved with synchronization. It was a perfect fit. Both of them can’t deny they felt sparks fly the moment their lips met. It was the most passionate first kiss they had.

 “I love you, Gong Chanshik”, Haengeun said, pulling away from Gongchan’s lips.

 Gongchan can’t believe what just happened. He just kissed the girl he loves and then all of a sudden, she was telling him that she loves him too. He can’t stop grinning.

 “I knew it, you me love me too. What took you so long?”, he joked.

 “Mianhe, just like Kyuneun said I am a little dense and naïve sometimes”, Haengeun said, standing up.

 “What about Jinyoung hyung? You like him, right?”, Gongchan asked, he was a little unsure if he wanted to hear her answer.

 “Umm, about that. Well, I do like Jinyoung oppa. I sort of had a crush on him since the first day I arrived at the academy but it’s you, Chanshik oppa who I love. I guess being away from you made me realize how much you mean to me. You were always there for me, you always know if something is wrong with me, you know me more than I know myself.”, Haengeun explained, blushing a little.

 “Now my turn to ask, how come it took you a week to notice that it was the real Kyuneun?”

 “Oh, about that.”, Gongchan said, scratching his head.

 “I’m kidding, it’s okay. You are so cute, oppa.”, Haengeun said, pinching his cheeks.

 “YA! I’m one who gets to pinch not you.”, Gongchan said. Once again, he wrapped his arms around Haengeun who hugged her back.

 “Could this be fate?”, Haengeun asked, as she and Gongchan were walking towards their house.

 “Ani, I think its luck. I was lucky enough to have you as my roommate and now I’m lucky to be holding your hands.”, Gongchan said.

 “Whatever you say”, Haengeun said, removing her hands from Gongchan’s grasp and walking ahead. When she was a few meters away, she faced him and yelled.

 “I love you”

 “I love you too, Kim Haengeun”, Gongchan yelled, running towards her. He hugged her one more time and kissed her