Chapter 43

Fate or random luck?

 

 The moment CNU arrived at their room, he was feeling both angry and pity on Jinyoung. He was angry because Haengeun cried and cried because of him, what’s worse was that he didn’t even bother to say a word to her. Yet he felt pity on him. He knew that Jinyoung had a hard time accepting his feelings for Kyuneun, he forced himself to believe that he turned gay then after all that hard work, he would suddenly know that the Kyuneun he likes was Haengeun.

 Once CNU entered the room, his eyes landed on Jinyoung right away. Their eyes met yet no one said a word. CNU was still debating on whether to talk to his best friend or ignore him. He then sat on his bed and untied his shoes. He kept his eyes locked on his shoes, trying to not to give in to his emotions. Should I talk to him? If so, what will I say to him? Eottoke?, CNU thought as he placed his shoes on the shoe rack.

 There was an eerie silence that was present between the two. CNU continued to debate on himself whether or not to talk to Jinyoung but it was not needed. Jinyoung was the one who broke the awkward silence between them.

 “How long did you know?”, Jinyoung asked without looking at CNU.

 CNU was surprised with Jinyoung’s question.

 “About a month or so.”

 “Oh.”, Jinyoung replied. CNU didn’t respond back because he had no idea what to say next, he went to the bathroom to take a shower. Before he could go in, Jinyoung spoke once more.

 “You knew for more than a month that Kyuneun, I mean Haengeun was looking for me? And you kept it from me? How could you, CNU hyung? I thought we were friends, best friends.”

 “MWO? Wait wait. You got the wrong idea.”, CNU said facing Jinyoung.

 “I thought you asked me, how long I knew that Haengeun was pretending to be Kyuneun not about me knowing that you’re her lost ‘oppa’. For your information, I just learned that a few days ago. I’m as shock as you are, so don’t go berserk on me”, CNU said.

 Jinyoung didn’t say a word, instead he kept staring at CNU. Seeing that Jinyoung wasn’t responding, CNU couldn’t contain himself anymore.

 “Why did you leave a while ago? Did she do something wrong? She was calling out for you, didn’t you hear? Didn’t you hear her cry? Didn’t you see her tear-stricken face? Huh?”, CNU said screaming.

 “S-s-she cried? I didn’t know. I don’t know what was happening to me. Everything was just so messed up a while ago. Why are you so angry, hyung? It’s not like, you were the one who admitted to yourself that you’re gay then it turns out that you’re not. DO YOU KNOW I FELT WHEN I WAS CONVINCING MYSELF THAT I’M NOT GAY!? HUH?! I WAS HAVING THESE FEELINGS FOR A GUY THAT TURNS OUT TO BE A GIRL!? DO YOU WHAT I’VE BEEN THROUGH!?”, Jinyoung replied angry.

 “YA! I knew you had a hard time, I was with you every step. But don’t you see? Everything is alright now. Kyuneun is a she, you’re not gay. Jinyoung-ah, you are the person that she spent most of her time thinking of. You’re the one she longed to be with. You’re her ‘oppa’. And do you know what’s better?”, CNU asked in a gentle tone. Jinyoung was processing everything that CNU said to him and he shook his head as a response to his question.

 “She likes you back. She likes you, Jinyoung-ah even before she knew that you’re her ‘oppa’. You already have a place in her heart and now that she knows you’re true significance in her life, you’re place got bigger. How do I say so? Well, I observed her ever since I knew that I liked her. Yes, you heard correctly. I like her. But that’s not the point. When she’s with you, it’s like she’s a different person.”, CNU said.

 A smile was visible on Jinyoung’s lips. She likes me? She’s my first love and now, he thought to himself. “Hyung, are you really certain that she likes me?”, he asked with a curious tone.

 “Aigoo, weren’t you listening to my heartfelt speech? I think she likes you but Jinyoung-ah, don’t forget I like her too. So does Channie and neither of us are willing to give her up.”, CNU said with conviction.

 Jinyoung laughed at his hyung. Finally all the tension between cooled down a little.

 “But seriously, Jinyoung-ah. Don’t ever ever EVER make her cry again. I can’t let you hurt her again because of you, I swear I would forget that you’re my best friend. She means so much to me and I can’t bear the thought of her being hurt.”, CNU warned Jinyoung.

 *EXHALE* “I was wrong to walk away from her. The truth is I’m relieved to know that she owns this necklace [raising the snowflake necklace]. Kim Haengeun, yes I do remember that name. She was my first love. I have to apologize to her now.”, Jinyoung said standing up but CNU stopped him.

 “It’s too late now, try again tomorrow. I bet she’s tired now. Just remember two things for now. Number 1, apologize to her and don’t make her cry. And number 2, I like her and I’m going to fight for her.”, CNU reminded.

 Jinyoung nodded and took everything that they talked about seriously. He felt guilty for what he did but he knew that there was no point in feeling guilty. He needs to act quickly or else it would be too late. There were so many times when he longed to see his first love again and now that she’s here, he wasn’t willing to let her go. His feelings never changed.

 Gongchan carried an exhausted Haengeun back to their room. She passed out after crying for a long time. Hyungs offered to help but I said I would take care of it. I don’t want anyone taking care of her, I can do it alone, he thought. He laid Haengeun on her bed and covered her with her blanket. There were still traces of her tears on her face and he wiped it off.

 “Haengeun-ah, mianhe. It’s all my fault. You cried so hard because of my stupid plan, forgive me? I promise to make it all better. You won’t cry anymore.”, Gongchan whispered as he brushed a few strands of Haengeun’s hair off her face.

 He couldn’t sleep well that night. His thoughts were torturing him. Different scenarios were playing in his mind, a bunch of ‘what ifs’ came into mind. What if things didn’t go that way? What if Jinyoung hyung stayed? Haengeun won’t cry, right? Maybe he’d accepted the truth right away. What if Jinyoung hyung reacted the way Haengeun wanted him to react? Will she stay with me? Will I still have a chance to be with her? Do I?, he thought.

 When morning came, Haengeun wasn’t willing to get out of her bed. Gongchan tried to shake her but no luck, she just won’t budge. Giving up, Gongchan spoke.

 “Haengeun-ah, I give up. I won’t try to get you out of your bed. I’ll bring breakfast okay, wait for me. Don’t do anything stupid, arrasso?”, Gongchan said and left the room.

 Gongchan bought a couple of sandwiches, banana milk and a big bibimbap that they would share. I hope this is enough. If she won’t eat, I’ll force her to eat. There is no way I would let her get sick just because of what happened last night, he thought as he walked back to their room. He was smiling because he formulated a plan to persuade Haengeun to eat but his smile was gone the moment he saw someone in front of their door.

 “What are you doing here?”, Gongchan asked, there was acid in his words.

 Jinyoung woke up early that same morning, he wanted to get this over with. He wanted to make peace with Haengeun right away. He knew that if what CNU said was true, then maybe just maybe his childhood dreams would come true. He excitedly went to Haengeun’s room but when he got there, he just stood in front of the door. What if she won’t talk to me? What if she changed her mind? Eottoke? It’s all my fault, pabo! Pabo!, he cursed himself. ‘What are you doing here?’, he heard someone speak. When he turned around, he saw an angry looking Gongchan.

 “I’m here to apologize to Haengeun. Will you go and get her?”, Jinyoung said a little embarrassed.

 “I’m sorry hyung but I can’t let you do that. There’s no Haengeun here, maybe you’re pertaining to her twin, Kyuneun. If so I still can’t let you do that. He isn’t feeling well right now, so please. Please before I force you to leave.”, Gongchan warned with a hard stare on Jinyoung.

 “But I just want to ….”

 “What part of NO don’t you understand, hyung? I’m trying to be nice here, so just leave. You caused him enough pain. Let him rest and recover.”, Gongchan practically screamed.

 Jinyoung had no choice but to leave. He doesn’t want to upset Gongchan more and don’t want to cause a scene. He left feeling guiltier than before. She’s unwell? It’s all because of me. *sigh* What have I done?, he asked himself.

 Calming himself down, Gongchan placed a smile on his face and entered the room. His eyes darted immediately to Haengeun’s side. She still hasn’t moved, *sigh*. I have to be strong, he reminded himself.

 “Ya! You lazy panda! I’m back. Pali, get up. You can’t stay on your bed all day. Do you want your bed to complain on how heavy you are? Come on, Haengeun-ah.”, Gongchan said, shaking Haengeun. He knew that she was awake, so he didn’t hold back. He begun to tickle her which caused her to laugh and fight back.

 “YA! GONG CHANSHIK! NO TICKLING!”, Haengeun said in between laughs.

 “Finally, I thought you’re dead. Kaja, let’s eat. But first, fix yourself. You look like a ghost, no a zombie, no a zombie-ghost.”, Gongchan joked.

 “Arra! Arra! But, what did you buy? Bae gopa.”, Haengeun asked standing up and eyeing the paper bag on the side.

 “Secret.” *merong*, Gongchan replied.

 With that Haengeun went to the bathroom and did her routine. After that, they ate their breakfast. Gongchan was happy seeing Haengeun behaving normally again. Good thing, she’s okay now. I hope this continues. Don’t worry, Haengeun-ah. I won’t let Jinyoung hyung hurt you anymore, he said to himself.

 Haengeun did feel a little better because of Gongchan’s effort. She knew deep within her that she won’t survive with him. He was her sunshine, the one that always makes shines during her dark times. Thinking about how much Gongchan means to her, she suddenly felt something in her. Something she felt before but to a different person. She was feeling confused but decided to shrug that off. She was focusing on being happy and not remembering the previous events.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 CNU told Jinyoung that he likes Haengeun and he decided to not back down. Will his efforts of fighting for her be in vain? Jinyoung just learned that maybe just maybe, Haengeun does like him. His perspective changed, he knew that he always dreamed of being with his first love. He wants to apologize but Gongchan is stopping him. Will he ever apologize to the girl he likes? Will she accept his apology? Gongchan did what he had to do. He shoved Jinyoung away from Haengeun and he's willing to continue it. He just wants her to be free from pain. He will protect her. Haengeun is feeling something for Gongchan. Will she realize what Gongchan really means to her? Will it affect her feelings towards Jinyoung?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 OMONA! I just updated now. I've been very busy. Don't worry, two more weeks of school then it's summer vacation. I just want to tell you guys that Jinyoung and Gongchan are sort of tied. Who will I choose? Gosh, it's so hard! I'll have to pick one, somehow. This chapter , right? Argh!

 By the way, I just want to announce that maybe at around the end of next week until next next week, I won't be around. It's almost finals and that means I have to finish my course requirements. So yeah, but I'll update as soon as summer vacation starts.

 ThanKYU <3