Chapter 27

Fate or random luck?

 

 "Kim residence, who's this?", said a voice from the speaker.

 "Annyeong, Uncle! It's me, Haeng-er-Kyuneun-shi. Your favorite!", Haengeun sang.

 "Baby! You're here. Go in! Are your friends with you?"

 "Ne!"

 Haengeun led B1A4 inside her Uncle's place. When her uncle welcomed them, she instantly gave him a hug.

 "Happy 18th birthday. You're a woman now.", Dongmin whispered. Haenguen blushed and started to introduce B1A4. Each member bowed and said good evening. They ate happily, chatting and laughing in between. Everyone seemed to like the present atmosphere. Soon Haengeun and B1A4 bid their goodbye and thanks for the meal.

 After being with his niece's friends, Dongmin felt relieved.

 "She's in good hands, I can tell.", he said. He knew that Haengeun can't be there for a long time. If his brother finds out that he allowed Haengeun, they're both done for.

 Before going to their respective rooms Baro, Sandeul, CNU and Jinyoung crashed at their maknaes room.

 "Phew, today was so tiring!", Baro said laying on Gongchan's bed.

 "You're so right, Baro.", Sandeul said jumping on Kyuneun's bed.

 CNU sat beside Baro while Jinyoung laid beside Sandeul. Haengeun on one hand went to the bathroom. On one hand, Gongchan gathered up their gifts that were hidden underneath his bed.

 "So this is what your room looks like. It screams maknae.", CNU noticed.

 "Mwo? What do you mean by that?", Gongchan asked with a killer look.

 Seeing Gongchan's reaction, CNU laughed as well as Baro and Sandeul. It was only Jinyoung who seemed to be not amused. He was nervous and busy observing the room. This is where Kyuneun sleeps. Purple bed sheet and a piropiro, he thought. His eyes were soon drawn to the side table. There stood two picture frames. A family picture and a photograph of a pair of twins smiling. His hands begun to reach for one frame when Kyuneun got out of the bathroom.

 "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!", Gongchan, CNU, Sandeul and Baro shouted all at the same time. Gifts were scattered on the floor. Again tears filled Haengeun's eyes. She can't hide the fact that she was deeply moved.

 "Omona. Isn't the trip to Lotte World and dinner with Uncle enough for a birthday present?", she said tears falling from her eyes.

 "Ani. Those aren't enough. Pali, open your gifts.", Sandeul said dragging Kyuneun.

 A crying Haengeun begun to unwrap the presents on the floor. She first unwrap the gift closest to her, then she unwrapped three more gifts.

 "Dongwoo hyung! How did you know I love these series(manga)? Komawo!!", Haengeun said hugging her hyung.

 A stiff and blushing CNU spoke.

 "I-I-I knew that you're an otaku. Channie helped me with choosing. You are always welcome, Kyuneun-ah."

 "Sunwoo hyung", Haengeun said pushing Baro.

 "A stuffed puppy with brown hair, I found my triplet, hahaha.", she continued.

 "I knew you're going to say that. Isn't he cute? Just like my Ahji.", Baro said pinching Kyuneun's cheeks.

 "Bunny ears?", Haengeun asked in confusion.

 Just then, Sandeul stood and took the bunny ears from Kyuneun. Everybody was anticipating on what Sandeul was up to. A smirk was found on Sandeul's face. He then placed his gift on Kyuneun. Kyuneun jumped in surprise.

 "Kyopta!", Sandeul exclaimed facing a blushing Kyuneun.

 "Ne! Ahji, you didn't tell me you're a bunny too.", Baro joked.

 "Hyung!", Haengeun whinned.

 Jinyoung can't take his eyes off of a bunny Kyuneun. Deulie! Komawo! I never thought I would see him like that. Need to take a picture, he thought to himself. He took out his phone and stood closer to Kyuneun.

 "Smile!", Jinyoung said and took a picture.

 "Ya! Jinyoung hyung!!", Haengeun shouted while throwing wrapping papers to Jinyoung.

 Laughter filled the room. But Gongchan was silent. Damn it, Jinyoung hyung! I was about to do that, Gongchan cursed. He wanted to grab Jinyoung phone and stomp on it.

 "Jinyoung hyung? Coupons?", again Haengeun asked.

 "Those are 'Jung Jinyoung Coupons'. You can use that whenever you need someone to talk to, to be your servant, to feed you, to make you happy or whatever you want. When you use one of those, I'll be there in a snap.", Jinyoung explained blushing a little.

 Haengeun was silent for awhile. She was trying to absorb everything she just heard. What is he? My personal superman?, she thought blushing a little. In her mind, she was screaming her lungs out. She can't hide the fact that she loved that idea. Calming herself down, she spoke.

 "Oh, so that's what it is. Is there an expiry date for your coupons?", Please say no, say no, she begged in her mind.

 "Nope. Those are valid for as long as you want.", Jinyoung said with a cheeky smile.

 Seeing Jinyoung's smile, Haengeun's heart was out of control again.

 "Oh. Komawo, hyung.", she said staring at the coupons.

 "Channie, how about you? Where's your gift?", CNU asked all of a sudden.

 All eyes were on Gongchan. Hearing CNU's voice, Gongchan snapped out. He was irritated and jealous of his hyung. He wanted to be the only one Haengeun needs. He wanted to be her only one. He exhaled and shrugged his irritation.

 "I'll give it to him later.", Gongchan said and winked at his roommate.

 "Ow, we want to see your gift. You're unfair Channie.", Sandeul said.

 "Mianhe hyungs. It's something only Kyuneun and I can see. Now go, its late. Pali, hyungs!", Gongchan said pushing his hyungs out of the room.

 "Ya! Channie!", CNU whinned.

 "I DON'T WANT TO GO YET!", Baro screamed.

 "BABY! CHANNIE WANTS US TO LEAVE! STOP HIM!", Sandeul begged.

 It was only Jinyoung who didn't protest, instead he walked towards Kyuneun and said.

 "Happy 18th birthday agaim, Kyuneun-ah. I hope you had fun today. Goodnight."

 "Komawo, Jinyoung hyung. Of course, I had fun. Goodnight to you too. Thanks again.", Haenguen said and before she could stop herself, she hugged Jinyoung.

 When the rest of B1A4 saw that little scene, they all fell silent. Each felt a stung on their hearts. They wanted to be the one being hugged by Kyuneun. Silence filled the room.

 "Ahem. Okay okay. Gongchan we'll leave. Happy birthday, Kyuneun-ah. Goodnight dongsaengs!", CNU said grabbing the frozen Jinyoung.

 "Ow, CNU hyung!", Baro whinned. Then CNU shot him a death look.

 "Arra, arra. Ahji, Channie we'll go now. Happy birthday again. Saranghae!", he continued and then gave Kyuneun a quick hug.

 "Aisht! Don't want to leave yet.", Sandeul mumbled.

 "Baby", he sang then hugged Kyuneun.

 "Happy happy happy happy happy", he went on not releasing Kyuneun.

 "Okay, hyung. We get it, happy.", Gongchan interrupted and trying to break the hug.

 Still not releasing Kyuneun, Sandeul spoke again.

 "Ha-ha. Happy birthday, my baby! You're an adult now. I need to teach you stuffs from now on.", he said with an evil smirk.

 CNU noticed Sandeul's face. He knew he was up to no good.

 "Sandeulie, enough. Don't corrupt our innocent baby!", he scolded.

 "*merong* Anyway, goodnight.", Sandeul said finally releasing Kyuneun.

 "Dongwoo hyung, Jinyoung hyung, Sunwoo hyung and Junghwan hyung. Kamshamida! Cheongmal kamshamida! Goodnight. Saranghae!", Haengeun said making a heart sign.

 The four boys went on their way, their hearts a little uneasy. Seeing that side at Kyuneun made them like that. Upon reaching their respective rooms, they did their routine. Unfortunately, even though they were so tired, sleep wasn't on their side. The memories from today were playing on their minds. Every smile, move and word of Kyuneun lingered. None of them knew why it was like that but they can't hide the fact that they had fun. Skipping class for Kyuneun's birthday was one of the best decisions they made.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haengeun's birthday celebration is over. B1A4 spent the entire day making her happy. Is Gongchan jealous or what?? Will Jinyoung tell the rest what he feels towards our little Kyuneun??

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 I finished typing all of these yesterday afternoon and just when I was about o post this, our internet connection just. Argh! It was gone all of a sudden. Good thing I have no classes right now. 

 So enjoy!