Chapter 38

Fate or random luck?

 

 Monday came by quickly and Gongchan was still struggling. On the night before he had a nightmare. He was at a park, it was a beautiful spring day. All the birds were chirping and all the flowers were at full bloom. He was looking all handsome and cute at the same time and he was holding this gorgeous bouquet of flowers. His heart was palpitating fast and he was anxious.

 “Haengeun, where are you?”, Gongchan whispered. Just then Haengeun appeared, looking stunning as ever.

 “Haeng. . .”, he said but he stopped. He dropped the bouquet that he was holding and tears fell from his eyes. He saw Haengeun smiling and laughing but not for him, she was with Jinyoung. He felt every ounces of pain in his heart. He ran towards them but he could catch up with them. His legs moved so slow and his voice was cracked. Jinyoung and Haengeun soon were out of sight.

 “ANDWAE!”, Gongchan cried and he woke up. Tears were found on his face. The moment he was aware that it was all a dream, he made a mental note. He will do anything he could to stop that nightmare from happening, even if it costs his friendship with Jinyoung.

 Haengeun woke up early that Monday morning and she was feeling less excited than usual. She knew that talking to Jinyoung would be impossible for now. Is he still angry with me?, she thought. She wanted to tell Jinyoung the truth right away but she was afraid. From the way Jinyoung reacted last Saturday, she knew that he won’t be as accommodating as he usually was. Lazily she did her routine and woke Gongchan up. Soon both of them we were on their way to their class.

 Lunch time came by and Gongchan was bouncing around Haengeun.

 “Kyuneun-ah, pali!! I’m hungry, so hungry! Pali! Pali!”, Gongchan chanted while bouncing.

 “Aisht, hyung. If you are so hungry, why don’t you go first? I’m still not done with this.”, Haengeun said pointing to the papers on her desk.

 Gongchan rolled his eyes and gathered all the papers on the table.

 “Do it later, jebal?”, Gongchan asked cutely.

 He’s doing aegyo again. *sigh*, Haengeun thought. “I don’t any choice, huh? Sometimes I wonder if you’re really my hyung. Kaja, the sooner you stuff yourself with food, the faster I can return to my work.”

 Gongchan smiled in victory and grabbed Haengeun’s hand. He begun to sprint and Haengeun had no choice but to follow his lead. Both were laughing as they raced through the corridors. When they reached the cafeteria, they easily stopped the rest of B1A4. Gongchan waved at them.

 “Oh, they’re here! Channie! Ahji!”, Baro shouted. The other boys looked up and recognized the boys coming towards them.

 Haengeun was smiling at Baro but her smile disappeared when she was Jinyoung. She knew in an instant that he was ignoring her because usually he would smile at her and her heart will melt in an instant. This time he was facing his tray and was nibbling on his food. She suddenly stopped and whispered something to Gongchan.

 “Oppa, I think I’ll skip lunch today. I can’t face Jinyoung hyung now. Mianhe. See you later.”

 Gongchan just nodded, he understood Haengeun although it hurt him. Why does it have to be Jinyoung hyung anyway? Why couldn’t it be me?, he asked himself. He sent her off and put a smile on his face.

 “Huh? Where’s Kyuneun-ah? He was just beside you a while ago.”, Sandeul asked.

 “Mm? Ah, he suddenly remembered that he still needs to do something.”, Gongchan lied staring at Jinyoung.

 “Mwo? Hajima, I miss him. I didn’t even see him during the weekends. Stupid deadline!”, Sandeul cursed.

 “Ne, I haven’t played with Ahji. It’s like something is missing. I told you Sandeul that we should have finished it a long time ago.”, Baro argued.

 “Ya! When I told you that we should start doing it, you said you weren’t in the mood.”, Sandeul answered back. Both argued with each other.

 “Okay, enough the both of you.”, CNU ordered.

 “Channie, did something happen to Kyuneun-ah last Saturday? He didn’t come back for me and I got worried.”

 Remembering what happened last Saturday was too painful for Gongchan but shrugged the feeling of. He then debated on whether he should tell CNU about it or not but he decided not to. I’m in no position to tell hyung about that, he thought.

 “Last Saturday? He just had a slight fever and went to our room right away. Waeyo?”, Gongchan lied again.

 “He did? Omo, I shouldn’t haven’t asked him to go out with me.”, CNU said feeling guilty.

 “You went out with him!?”, Sandeul asked, surprised.

 “Ne, you guys were busy and he was the only person available. So we out and played. Did you guys know that he’s really good at playing video games? I mean he beat me.”, CNU said.

 “Cheongmal? Aigoo, hyung. You should have asked me to come. I want to play with him too.”, Baro whinned.

 For lunch time, Jinyoung remained silent listening to his friends conversation. He was in no mood to chatter around with them. His guilt was eating him but anger was still present it him. He was sleepless too because ever since he saw the necklace again, his dreams were tormenting him. Faceless people were present. Gongchan on one hand, won’t stop eyeing his hyung. For some reason he was irritated with him. Could it be jealously? He has no idea. All he knows was that because of him, Haengeun was sad.

 Days had passed and Haengeun was still avoiding B1A4. How she longed to be with them but she couldn’t. The sight of Jinyoung makes her run back and hide. She was saving herself from rejection, that’s why she kept running away. Gongchan tried to cover for her as long as he can.

 CNU, Baro and Sandeul were puzzled about Haengeun absences. They knew that something was up. So one afternoon, they decided to stalk her. They knew that she was hiding at the academy’s library.

 *sigh* I’m getting sick of being in the library! I want to play.”, Haengeun whinned.

 “Did you hear that?”, Sandeul whispered. CNU and Baro nodded. Now they were certain that Haengeun was really at the library. The three of them peeked at the sides and there they saw her all alone. CNU signaled the others to follow his lead. Soon the three of them were creeping towards her.

 “Aisht! I give up. Andwae, I can’t. I can’t.”, Haengeun whispered. Then someone covered her eyes which caused her to scream. Instantly, someone covered too. Panic roused from her and she begun to struggle on her seat.

 “Shh, don’t shout Haengeun-ah. We’ll be sent out.”, Baro whispered.

 Just then, the hands that were covering Haengeun’s eyes and mouth disappeared. She begun to hit her oppas one at a time.

 “Aisht! What were thinking!?”, Haengeun whispered.

 “We heard that you’re bored. How about we leave this crappy place and have some fun?”, CNU suggested. But before Haengeun could reply, Sandeul and Baro dragged her to the exit. They arrived at their usual spot and that’s the only time that she was released.

 “So, what’s up? Where have been these past few days? Are you avoiding us? Did we do something wrong? Gwenchana?”, Sandeul said quickly.

 Haengeun smiled and felt guilty. They’re worried about, she thought. “Mianhe, hyungs. It’s just that something came up and I knew that I can’t face it right away. I wasn’t intentionally avoiding you guys. I’m fine. Mianhe.”, she apologized.

 “What happened? I know that you and Channie are hiding something from us. Come on, I thought no more secrets.”, Baro pouted.

 Again guilt was swallowing Haengeun. She can’t lie to her oppas anymore. She made a promise to them. I guess I have to tell them, huh? I owe them that. *sigh*, she thought.

 “Mianhe, hyungs. You’re right, I made a promise. No more secrets. I’ll you what really happened but not here. Would you like to skip class with me?”, Haengeun asked not smiling.

 She’s not smiling, this has to be very important. Skipping class is alright, Sandeul thought. What happened? I’m really worried now, Baro thought. Skip? Sure, I think she needs us. She’s more important, CNU thought. The three agreed and followed Haengeun’s lead.

 Haengeun lead them to a familiar a park and took a sit at a nearby bench. Baro, CNU and Sandeul were going more and more anxious with every passing second. They were anticipating on what Haengeun will reveal to them. They were thinking of what she’ll say would have a good effect on them or not, would it be as big as her previous secret. They were going crazy.

 Once seated, no one spoke. All pairs of eyes were on Haengeun and she felt every eyes on her. She exhaled once more and spoke.

 “I guess this place would be fine. Umm, where should I start?”

 “Try the very beginning.”, Baro suggested. Haengeun smiled at his obvious suggestion.

 “Right, from the start. Umm, you guys know that I’m actually Kim Haengeun right?”, Haengeun asked. Baro, CNU and Sandeul nodded at the same time.

 “But do you know why I entered WM? Why I did all those things just so I can be here?”, Haengeun continued.

 “Now that you mentioned it, we never did understand why you went through all that trouble to enter an all boys academy.”, Sandeul said staring at Haengeun.

 “Mianhe, I kept that part from you. I went through all this trouble to study here because I’m looking for someone important. We made a promise a long time ago and I was willing to do anything to fulfill it. While I’m here, Chanshik oppa and I were basically searching the entire academy for him. But we hadn’t had any luck until last Saturday.”, Haengeun begun.

 “Channie was helping you and yet you haven’t found this person? He knows basically everyone, how could that be?”, CNU asked, puzzled.

 Haengeun smiled. “Well, it’s true that Chanshik oppa knows everyone around here but there was a tiny problem. I didn’t know what was his name and what he looked like.”, she embarrassedly admitted.

 The solemn and serious atmosphere was gone in an instant. CNU, Baro and Sandeul couldn’t contain their laughter. They can’t help but love Haengeun even more. To them, she was the cutest and naïve person they knew. So after they finished laughing, Haengeun told them the entire story. From her childhood until she met them. The attention of the three boys were fixed on every word that comes out of . They were hanging to their seats.

 “So you’re saying that you went here to find your playmate, right?”, CNU asked fixing his glasses. Haengeun nodded.

 “And now, you finally find him?”, Sandeul added. Again, Haengeun nodded.

 “Who is he then? Pali, tell us!”, Baro said.

 Haengeun sighed and continued her story. She started from her day with CNU last Saturday until the time Gongchan arrived and calmed her down. Shock and surprise was written on the three boys faces. No one spoke. They couldn’t think of what to say. Until. . .

 “Snowflake? You’re right, I think I saw a necklace with that pendant before but I’m not sure when. Jinyoung-ah, huh?”, CNU said.

 “How will you tell him, then? I mean, you can’t avoid him forever. Besides, I missed having you around.”, Sandeul said engulfing Haengeun to a hug.

 “Molla. Ow, I missed hanging out with you guys too. *sigh* I’m scared oppas.”, Haengeun said.

 “I’m scared that he won’t acknowledge me. I’m scared he will reject me. I’m scared that I did all this for nothing.”

 “Haengeun-ah, why do care so much of what hyung would react or say?”, Baro asked out of nowhere.

 “Mm? I-I-It’s just. . . mmmm. . he’s my oppa and umm . . .”, Haengeun said blushing.

 Sandeul noticed Haengeun blushing and asked something he regretted right away.

 “Do you like him?”

 Haengeun’s heartbeat fasten when Sandeul asked. Eottoke? I don’t know what to say. Eottoke?, she thought. She was nervous and shaking.

 “Haengeun-ah, do like Jinyoung hyung?”, Sandeul asked again firmly.

 “Molla.”, Haengeun said looking down, blushing even more.

  says ‘molla’ but her actions says ‘yes’. How come I was so blind? She likes hyung. She likes him, Sandeul thought gripping his fists until he can’t feel anything. CNU knew that Haengeun was lying, there was no doubt about it. He felt a stung in his heart. This is just great! Just when I finally admitted that I like her, she then tells us that she likes someone else. My best friend, he mentally cursed. Baro on one hand stayed motionless and emotionless. Seeing Haengeun like that hurt him and wanted her to like him not Jinyoung, not any other. Now what? She likes hyung, I can’t compete with hyung. But I want her, I like her, I need her, he thought.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Now everybody knows. Jinyoung remains clueless. Haengeun is still scared, how will this be? How will she tell Jinyoung the whole truth? And how will she react onces she knows that B1A4 likes her? How will she choose? Baro, CNU, Gongchan and Sandeul are facing the same problem. How will they fight for Haengeun? How will they make her fall for each one of them? And Jinyoung, will he continue to act cold towards Kyuneun? Will he go bersek when he finds out?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Annyeong! Aisht, I think I'm really losing it. Look at this chapter. *sigh* Did I do alright? I mean, I think this is a failure. But I do hope you guys still like it. I'll try to write a few chapters for the next few days. Wish me luck!