Chapter 68 Baro's Ending

Fate or random luck?

 

 Afternoon classes were over and B1a4 together with Kyuneun was spending their free time at their usual spot. Laughter filled the place. Baro, Sandeul and Jinyoung were picking on their maknaes and CNU was trying his best to stop his dongsaengs. That was their typical routine. Everything seemed to be alright until Baro noticed something strange.

 “Ahji!” Baro called. He got no response.

 “Ahji!” He called again, unfortunately he was still getting no response.

 “AHJI!” This time he screamed it which caused the others to stare at him. There was still no response and he got a little frustrated and moved far from his friends. Noticing Baro’s frustrated face, Sandeul nudged Kyuneun and whispered “Ya, Baro had been calling you. Didn’t you hear?”

 Kyuneun looked at Sandeul surprised. He had been calling me?, he thought. He shook his head to answer Sandeul’s question. Sandeul rolled his eyes and spoke, “Ask him why he had been calling you, he seemed pissed.”

 Kyuneun followed what the older boy said and stood up. He walked towards Baro.

 “Hyung? You called?” He asked.

 Baro looked at the person standing in front of him and raised his brow.

 “Yes, I said ‘Ahji’ a couple of times and you didn’t respond.” He said, pouting.

 “Cheongmal? Mianhe, Sunwoo hyung.” Kyuneun said with a puppy dog look.

 Omo, she’s trying to look cute again so I won’t be angry! No fair! I can’t resist that, Baro thought. *EXHALE* “It’s okay.” He said in defeat. He could never resist her.

 “Kaja hyung, Dongwoo hyung brought us food.” Kyuneun said, extending his hand.

 Baro unwittingly grabbed Kyuneun’s extended hand and stood up. Once he finally stood, he felt Kyuneun remove his hand in almost an instant. He then felt something wrong but instead of thinking further, he just shrugged it off.

 “Baro hyung, CNU hyung brought us a lot of food!” Gongchan exclaimed.

 “Well, what can I say? I love my dongsaengs too much that I’m spoiling you guys.” CNU said.

 “I don’t care what’s your reason, hyung. As long as you give us food, I’m happy.” Sandeul said, grabbing a bag of chips in the pile.

 “Sandeul is so right!” Baro agreed. Jinyoung nodded at what his dongsaengs said.

 “Can I have this?” Kyuneun asked everyone.

 “Of course, you can have anything you want.” CNU said.

 Baro stopped the moment Kyuneun asked. That’s weird, she never asks before. Usually she would just grab whatever she could reach, he thought. He continued to stare at Kyuneun for awhile, until he heard his stomach growl in hunger. He then grabbed something to eat.

 Everyone was busy eating and laughing at the same time. Baro on one hand was silent. He was feeling that something was wrong with what was happening and it was weirding him out. They had a lot of afternoon picnics at this spot and it was always like this, full of laughter and teasing. So what’s wrong?, he asked himself.

 “Pssst” Sandeul whispered, disturbing Baro’s deep thinking.

 “Mworago?” Baro whispered back. Sandeul moved closer to him and whispered something on his ears. As he was listening, a naughty smile was creeping on his face. He liked every word coming out from Sandeul’s mouth. “Are you sure?” He asked Sandeul. Sandeul smirked at him and slowly stood up.

 Sandeul had come up of a plan to play a trick on Kyuneun. He knew that he couldn’t do it alone, so he told his plan to Baro. He knew that Baro wouldn’t resist in helping him. After telling him his plan, both of them were in position.

 Kyuneun was busy talking to the others that he didn’t notice what was coming for him. As Baro slowly crept behind him, Baro couldn’t help but snicker. Oh, this is going to be fun!, he thought. Seeing that Sandeul was in position, both of them started to countdown from 3 to 1.

 “BOO!” Sandeul and Baro shouted causing Gongchan to scream; Jinyoung to drop his chips and grip his chest; and CNU to glare at them. Both of them were laughing at their reactions but they stopped when they noticed something different. Kyuneun didn’t react. She didn’t scream or hit us. What the!?, Baro thought.

 “Is something wrong with you?” Sandeul asked Kyuneun, touching his forehead.

 “Aniyo, hyung. Waeyo?” Kyuneun asked back.

 “It’s just whenever we did that, you usually scream then hit the two of us.” Sandeul said.

 “The truth is I noticed you guys from the beginning, so I knew what you guys were planning.” Kyuneun explained.

 Baro remained quiet, he was analyzing the events that just happened. First, she didn’t respond when I  called her ‘Ahji’. It wasn’t just today, it was like that since Monday. Second, her hands felt differently. It’s like it’s not Haengeun’s. Third, I feel weird whenever he calls me ‘hyung’. She never called us ‘oppa’ since Monday. Lastly, she knew what we were planning? That has to be lie. She never, I mean NEVER noticed us when we’re trying to playing a trick on them, he thought. He was staring at Kyuneun again until it hit him. Unless, she is not. He didn’t finish his thought, instead he confronted Kyuneun.

 “You noticed us, eh?” Baro asked with a brow raised.

 “Ne, hyung.” Kyuneun answered right away.

 “Kojitmal!” Baro shouted. Everyone was silent when Baro shouted. No one knew why he would shout at Kyuneun all of a sudden.

 “Baro, no need to shout at Kyuneun just because your plan didn’t work on him.” Jinyoung said.

 “No. That’s not it. He is lying!” Baro shouted once more. Once again, everyone was silenced. No one knew what he was talking about. Nothing was making sense to them except for Kyuneun. Finally, one of them noticed. About time, he thought.

 “Sunwoo hyung, calm down.” Kyuneun said.

 “SHIREO! THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!” Baro shrieked and ran away. He didn’t bother whatever his friends were yelling.

 “CHA BARO!” Sandeul yelled.

 “Baro hyung! Where are you going!?” Gongchan called.

 “What was that about?” Jinyoung asked Kyuneun.

 “Molla” Kyuneun answered with a smirk. I guess he really loves my sister. He discovered her plan. Good luck, noona! I hope he’s the one you’re waiting for, he thought.

 Baro ran like he was in a marathon. Aisht! I hate this!, he mentally cursed. He doesn’t know where to go but he kept on running. All he knew was the he has to find her. He stumbled to familiar places, hoping that maybe she was there. He was growing tired but he continued to run and search. Feeling so exhausted, he somehow ended up at a park.

 “How did I get here?” He asked himself. It was the same park where Haengeun told him together with Sandeul and CNU about Jinyoung being her lost ‘oppa’. I don’t want to be here, he thought. But he had no choice. His legs were so sore from all the running and he felt that all his energy was drained. He was looking up the sky and sighed.

 “Where are you?” He asked the sky above. The clouds were playing tricks on him because he kept seeing her face. He shook his head and averted his eyes away from the sky. Looking at the park, he noticed a squirrel in front of him. He was about to say something when it ran away, it was being chased by a puppy. He chuckled and followed the animals with his eyes. The squirrel and puppy ran passed a tree with a silhouette of a person sitting beneath it with her hand above her face, avoiding the sun’s rays. As his eyes went passed it, his heart stopped beating.

 Involuntarily, he stood up and walked towards the tree. His eyes soon saw a clear image of the person sitting on the grass. She was the most beautiful person that he had ever seen. The sun’s rays that went passed through the leaves were shining on her perfectly. His attention was caught when something was reflecting the rays of the sun. It was something on her wrist. A bracelet?, he thought. He then saw a familiar charm on it, a squirrel.

 “Mmmm, it’s nice to be out once in awhile.” He heard the person say with a familiar voice. His legs dragged him near the person, blocking the sun’s rays.

 “Excuse me?” She asked with her eyes closed, noticing that someone blocked the light. Once she opened her eyes, she was speechless.

 “Enjoying the park?” Baro asked, taking a seat next to Haengeun. Haengeun was too surprised to speak, so she just nodded.

 “You know, you’re unfair. All of us were having a hard time in school and yet, here you are sitting underneath the shade of this tree, enjoying tranquility.” He continued.

 “M-m-mianhe, oppa” Haengeun stuttered. Baro faced her and smiled.

 “It’s okay. At least, I found you.” He said, grabbing her arm and embraced her. Haengeun wasted no moment and hugged him back. Both of them stayed like that for a couple of moments until Haengeun broke the hug. No one was speaking, obviously both were shy and blushing.

 “Oh, hi there.” Haengeun said which caused Baro to look at her. He saw a squirrel on her lap.

 “Oppa, your brother is here” She joked. Baro pouted a little.

 “Do I really look like that?” He asked, doing his squirrel impression.

 “Yes, no doubt. Look, he has a fat belly too. So cute!” She chuckled, tickling the animal on her lap.

 Baro pouted again. She’s giving that squirrel more attention than me. No fair!, he thought. Haengeun continued to play with the animal and it pissed him off. “Shooo!” He said which caused the squirrel ran away.

 “YA! Why did you do that!?” Haengeun asked Baro. Instead of answering her question, he just kissed her. No words could describe how the both of them were felt the moment their lips touched. For them, the world stopped as their lips moved. Pulling away from each other, they faced one another.

 “I love you” Baro said with a serious tone.

 Haengeun can’t help but smile. “I love you too” She said, pinching both of Baro’s cheeks.

 “YA!” He said, rubbing his cheeks but smiling. She loves me too. DEABAK!, he screamed in his mind. He stood up and extended his hand to her. She held his hand and stood up also.

 “Where are we going, oppa?” Haengeun asked.

 “Molla” Baro answered with a cheeky smile.

 She rolled her eyes and just followed his lead. Both of them just walked everywhere their feet would lead them. Both were enjoying their time together, walking hand-in-hand and giggling. They saw another squirrel which caused Haengeun to laugh. She kept on saying that Baro’s family was looking for him and that he needs to go home. Baro pouted but went along with her silliness.

 Baro was busy playing with Haengeun’s hand when he suddenly said something that made them stopped walking. “Do you believe in luck?” He asked.

 Haengeun faced him with a confused look. “Mmm, molla. Wae?” She asked.

 “Nothing, it’s just that maybe there really is such thing as luck.I mean look at us. It’s not every day that I get to have someone like you.” He said to her, sounding so sincere. She can’t help but blush some more. She wasn’t used to Baro being that sweet.

 “So are you saying that you’re lucky?” She asked, coyly. Baro nodded with a huge grin on his face. She rolled her eyes and removed her hands from Baro’s grasp. She ran a little and turned around to face him.

 “Whatever you say” She said, sticking out her tongue. *merong*

 “Mwo?!” Baro said, running towards her. He then placed his arms around her and pressed his on hers.

 “I love you, Sunwoo oppa” She said, breaking the kiss.

 “I love you too.” He said, engulfing her to another hug.