Chapter 35

Fate or random luck?

 

 Days have passed since B1A4 and Haengeun returned to WM Academy. Jinyoung was still clueless on what happened during his friends stay at Kyuneun’s house. Whenever he tried to ask one of them, they tend to change the topic right away or pretended not to hear him. What really did happen? I’ll find it out soon, he always thought to himself.

 Gongchan still hasn’t confessed his feelings for Haengeun. It was hard for him to find the perfect timing because whenever he tries to be alone with her, there was always something blocking them. One time, he asked her to eat outside the academy and Baro overheard him, then he tagged along. There was also one time at the Library, they were looking for a perfect topic for their research project. Everything was perfect until CNU popped out of nowhere and ruined the moment. Sandeul was inevitable, it was like he instantly knew where Haengeun was. He can’t have her alone besides inside their room. Aisht! Time is running out. I need to confess to her soon, he thought.

 One night Haengeun decided to have a night stroll around the grounds. Finally she was alone. She likes being with her oppas, it’s just that for the past days they were suffocating her. Every moment one of them would appear in front of her and drag her to somewhere. She couldn’t say no.

 *EXHALE* “Peace and quiet”, Haengeun said to herself.

 The cool breeze comforted her. Though she was alone, she didn’t feel lonely. Seeing a bench, she decided to take a seat and stare at the night sky. A smile appeared on her face.

 “Tonight’s sky is exceptionally pretty. *sigh*

 She traced the constellations with her right hand. She formed all sorts of shapes, when she formed the eye of phoenix she stopped. Her heartbeat was faster and her mind was racing.

 “What is this? Heart, what’s wrong?”, she asked her heart.

 Suddenly the memories of her first encounter with a phoenix eyed boy played on her mind. She remembered how those eyes made her uneasy. She can’t believe that for months now, she was friends with that boy. She can’t help but smile. She was happy. Just then a different memory played on her mind. It was the same memory that haunts her.

 “Oppa.”, she whispered.

 “Where are you? I’m here for almost a year now and I still haven’t found you. I know you’re here, I can feel it. But, I can’t see you.”, she said to the wind.

 She was losing hope, so she decided to close her eyes and pray. Please give me sign. Should I give up? Or should I continue? Is he here? Am I in vain? A sign, she prayed. She stayed like that for a while. A cold breeze came her way and she shivered. She held out a breath and stood up. Returning to her room and decided to sleep.

 The next morning Gongchan had the urge to wake up early. He planned that before the week ends, he’ll confess to Haengeun. He was determined to do so, he won’t let others stop him. Feeling empowered and energized, he woke Haengeun up.

 “Haengeun-ah, iruna. Wake up.”

 “Mmmmm?”

 “IRUNA!!!!”

 “Aisht. It’s Saturday oppa! Time for rest.”, Haengeun said hiding under her blanket.

 Gongchan tried to remove the blanket that covered Haengeun and spoke again.

 “Arra, it’s Saturday but I want to go out.”, Gongchan said.

 “I DON’T WANT TO GO OUT. LET ME SLEEP.”, Haengeun shouted not amused.

 Gongchan was startled by Haengeun reaction. He gave up and released his grip on her blanket. He moved backwards.

 “Mianhe, Haengeun-ah. Go back to sleep then. I’ll go out on my own.”

 Haengeun laid back once again and closed her eyes. Sleep found her right away. Seeing that Haengeun was asleep once again, Gongchan moved closer.

 “Mianhe. I’ll be back later.”, he whispered. He then went out.

 After a few hours, Haengeun woke up. She felt a slight headache. She decided to stand up and suddenly lost her balance. Good thing, her bed caught her.

 “That’s close. My head hurts. What time is it?”, Haengeun said to herself. She moved to her side table and checked the time. It said 11:30 am.

 “It’s almost noon. Omona! Where’s Chansik oppa?”, she checked Gongchan’s bed.

 Just then something flashed on her mind. She remembered what happened earlier that morning. She remembered shouting at him and going back to sleep. She felt a sudden panic and grabbed her phone right away. She was about to send a message to Gongchan when someone knocked on the door. When she opened the door, she was surprised to see who it was.

 “Annyeong!”, CNU greeted with a huge grin on his face.

 “May I come in?”

 “Annyeong Dongwoo hyung. Sure.”, Haengeun said, letting CNU in. Once inside, she spoke again.

 “So what’s up?”

 “Umm, nothing much. Umm, actually would you do me a favor?”, CNU asked.

 “Oh-kay. What is it, oppa?”, Haengeun asked while combing her hair.

 “Go out with me.”, CNU said in a serious tone.

 Did he just say go out? Umm, wait! Why am I freaking out!?, Haengeun thought to herself. She became nervous all of a sudden.

 “G-g-go out with you? Oppa. I don’t know. I haven’t had any experience when it comes to relationships.”, Haengeun nervously said.

 Hearing Haengeun’s answer, CNU became nervous. Wait, I asked her to go out with me but not in a relationship way. Aisht! What is this girl thinking!?, he mentally cursed.

 There were a few moments before CNU could speak. He exhaled and spoke.

 “Pabo-yah!”, CNU said hitting Haengeun slightly on the head.

 “I want you to go out with me but not in that way. I want you to stroll with me. You, what are you thinking?”, he chuckled.

 “Ohh. Mian.”, Haengeun said blushing badly. She lowered her head because of embarrassment.

 “Okay, I’ll stroll with you. I’ll just take a bath first. Give me 30 minutes to prepare. I’ll be out right away.”

 “Arra. I’ll wait for you at the gate. See you later, Haengeun-ah.”, CNU said going out the room.

 Once CNU went out of them room, Haengeun let out a loud sigh. Her heartbeat was fast and she couldn’t think straight. She stayed still for a moment, trying to calm herself down. What was I thinking? Dongwoo oppa won’t ask me to be his girlfriend. Pabo, pabo, pabo, she thought while hitting her head slightly and gathering her things then she went to the bathroom.

 CNU started to go to the gates of WM Academy. His mind was preoccupied with what happened earlier. He couldn’t understand himself for a while now. It was like he was no longer the Shin Dongwoo that he knows.

 “What the heck is wrong with me? I asked her to accompany me today because Sandeul and Baro are busy doing their homework. Jinyoung-ah is too distracted to have fun with while Channie is nowhere to be found. I just wanted to have fun with someone and she’s the only one who’s free.”, CNU mumbled to himself. He continued to walk towards his destination. He didn’t even notice the people who were greeting him.

 *sigh* “Yeah, that’s right. I just asked her because she’s the last resort. That’s all. She just misunderstood my question. I didn’t ask her to be my girlfriend. Why would I ask her? She’s my dongsaeng and Channie likes, I mean loves her which means she’s off limits. Right??”, he asked himself. He reached the gates and stood there to wait for Haengeun. While waiting, his last question to himself still lingered in his mind. I like Haengeun-ah but I don’t like her like her, right? I mean, she’s practically like my sister. What I feel for her is a brotherly love, right?, he desperately asked himself. He was going crazy.

 “Aisht! Ahh! Eottoke!?”, CNU said a little too loud.

 Just then Haengeun came and she was catching her breath. She had to run because her 30 minutes was almost over and she didn’t want CNU to wait for her.

 “Mianhe, hyung! Did you wait for too long?”, Haengeun asked out of breath.

 CNU looked up and saw Haengeun. His heartbeat fastens with the sight of her. Her hair was still wet and it was obvious that she hurried to see him. He deliberately shrugged everything that he thought for the past half hour and acted normal. He shook his head in response.

 “Ani. Gwenchana?”, CNU asked casually.

 “Ne, so where are we going today Dongwoo hyung?”, Haengeun asked innocently.

 When did she look this cute when she asks?, CNU thought. “Umm, do like arcades?”

 “Arcades? Ne! Kyuneun-ah and I loves to play games. Believe it or not, I NEVER lose.”, Haengeun said with a victorious smile.

 “Cheongmal? Kojitmal.”

 “Aniyo. I’ll prove it to you and you’ll eat your words. Kaja!”, Haengeun said grabbing CNU’s arm and started to walk faster. CNU just laughed and allowed her to drag him.

 When they reached an arcade Haengeun quickly went it and chose a game. CNU quickly followed her with a smile on his face.

 “This game? Are you sure, Ahji? Whenever B1A4 plays this game, I always I mean ALWAYS win.”, CNU bragged.

 Haengeun raised one of her eyebrow and smirked.

 “Is that so? Then it will be a lot better if I beat you. Umm, want to have a bet?”, Haengeun challenged. She thought for a second and then spoke again.

 “If say you win, I’ll pay for our lunch later with dessert of course. But if I win, you’ll pay. Call?”

 CNU thought for a moment, weighing his chances of winning. She’ll never win over me. I own this game. I have nothing to lose, he confidently thought to himself.

 “Call.”

 With that, the battle between CNU and Haengeun begun. It was an intense battle. No one was willing to give in. But just like any game, someone needs to lose.

 3…2…1… GAME OVER

 “MANSAE! I WON! IN YOUR FACE!”, Haengeun happily said to CNU.

 “Rematch! No fair! I can’t lose!”, CNU responded.

 *merong* “Don’t be a sore loser, hyung. I told you, I always win. Kaja, bae gopa. I’m in a mood for something Italian.”, Haengeun sang walking towards the exit.

 CNU sighed in defeat, he knew that he can’t argue with Haengeun. Although he hates to admit it but she was actually good. They went to an Italian restaurant and Haengeun ate with her heart’s content. Just like what they agreed upon on, CNU paid for their lunch. After eating, both decided to stroll around the district.

 “How did you do that?”, CNU asked out of nowhere.

 “Mworago?”

 “How did you win against me?”

 Haengeun laughed at CNU’s question.

 “You’re still not over that. Hyung. I didn’t cheat, arrasso?”, Haengeun chuckled.

 “Arra, so how did you? Come one, no one ever beat me on that game before. What’s the technique?”, CNU asked. He can’t over the fact that someone beat him, what’s worse is that he was beaten by a girl. Not just any girl, it had to be Haengeun.

 “Do you really want to know?”, Haengeun teased.

 CNU nodded right away. Haengeun moved her fingers back and forth as if telling him to move closer to her. Once face to face, Haengeun whispered her secret.

 “The truth is I don’t know what I was doing. I just pressed all the buttons and hope I win. That’s the first time I played that game. I have to master it and then you can challenge me again.”,

 “MWO!? Aisht, jinja?”, CNU facepalmed himself and laughed.

 “So that’s why you don’t want to have a rematch. You really are something Kim Haengeun.”, he said tapping Haengeun’s shoulder.

 *merong* “Beginner’s luck. So hyung, what do you want to do now?”

 CNU checked the time and it was still early, so he decided to have some more fun. Alone with Haengeun comes only once in a blue moon, better not waste it, he thought.

 “How about go to a Karaoke House?”

 A smile appeared at Haengeun’s face. Did he just say karaoke? Omo! I love karaoke, she thought.

 CNU noticed her smiled and grabbed her hand right away. He didn’t even wait for her to reply. He took her to a karaoke house and they stayed there for a couple of hours. It was the first time that he heard her sing and he can’t believe what he was hearing. Her voice is beautiful. It sounds like an angel. It fits her well, he thought listening to Haengeun’s song.

 While CNU was singing, Haengeun couldn’t help but be amazed. Dongwoo oppa sure can sing. He has a wonderful voice. I wonder if the others know about his voice, she thought while staring at CNU. They had a couple of solo acts and a few duets. To their surprise both of their voices sounded good together. Soon they got tired and went back to the academy. On their way, Haengeun checked her phone for the first time since she went out.

 One unread message. Who could it be?, Haengeun thought. She flipped her phone and read the message. It’s from Chanshik oppa, she thought.

  To: Haengeun-ah

    Where are you? Are you still mad at me? Mianhe. Come on, let’s have dinner together.

-cutest maknae

Channie ^^

 After reading Gongchan’s message, Haengeun begun to type a reply but before she could finish her message the battery of her phone died.

 “OMO!”, Haengeun involuntary said.

 CNU was startled when he heard Haengeun.

 “Gwenchana?”, CNU asked.

 “Ne, my battery just died. Are we going somewhere else?”, Haengeun asked a little distracted. I hope Chanshik oppa won’t get mad. I’ll apologize later, she thought.

 “Nope, how about we just hang out at our usual spot?”, CNU suggested.

 Haengeun smiled in response.

 Both of them then went back to the academy. On their way to their usual spot, CNU remembered something. He bought a manga for Haengeun a few dyas ago. He just hasn’t had a good timing to give it to her. Now is the right time for her to have it, he thought. Just then, he had a clever idea.

 “Haengeun-ah”, CNU whispered.

 “Mmm?”

 “Is it okay for you to get something from my room? My feet hurts from the walking that we did for the entire day.”, CNU said in a cute way.

 Haengeun stared at her oppa before answering. She rolled her eyes and said.

 “Aisht, you’re becoming a bear again hyung. Ne, ne. I’ll go get it. What is it?”, Haengeun said.

 “Yes! Well it’s a box found in one of the drawers inside the room. The box is colored violet, you won’t miss it. I’ll be at our spot, waiting for you. I hope you’ll get it.”, CNU instructed.

 *sigh* “Arra, arra. I’ll be back.”, Haengeun said facing the opposite direction.

 When she reached the room of CNU, Haengeun held out the key that CNU gave her. Before she inserted the key, she knocked first. I just can’t barge in there, what if Jinyoung hyung is in there? Eottoke!, she thought. Her heart was pounding very loud again. She knocked for a couple of times but no one answered.

 “I guess Jinyoung hyung isn’t around.”, she said to herself.

 She inserted the key and went it. She began her search for whatever CNU was asking her to bring. The room was a little messy but she just smiled with the sight of it. Before she moved, something caught her attention. Something she had no idea about.

 “Omo, which one is Dongwoo oppa’s side?”, she said to herself.

 She motioned her eyes from left to right, scanning the room for any clue. Just then she saw CNU’s books piled on one side of the room, she then assumed that that side was CNU’s. She exhaled and started to search. She flipped a couple of things, kneeled on the floor to look under the bed and looked beside the bed.

 “Pabo! Dongwoo oppa said it was inside one of the drawers. *sigh*, she said laughing at her mistake.

 She then moved towards the drawers, after a few wrong drawers she noticed a violet box with a ribbon on it. She grabbed it and looked confused.

 “What could this be?”, she said shaking the box. She heard something that indicates that there was definitely something inside it.

 Haengeun was about to go out the room when a voice inside her head made her stop. Kim Haengeun, this is your chance. You are inside Jinyoung’s room. I know you’re curious, go on. Look at his side. I know you want to, said the voice in her head. She dropped the box she was holding for a second and walked towards Jinyoung’s side of the room. Her feet were uncontrollable as if they had their own mind. Her hands were trembling as it touched everything in sight. There were photographs on his side of the wall, most had B1A4 on it. She can’t but smile. As she walked towards Jinyoung’s drawer, a small vintage box caught her attention.

 “Kim Haengeun, what are you doing? You can’t just touch other people’s stuff.”, she scolded herself as she was about to open the vintage box. But just like her feet, her hands have a mind of its own. She opened the box and her hands begun to tremble, her heartbeat raced. She couldn’t believe what she saw inside. It was something she had never thought she’d see again. She reached for whatever was inside and placed the box to where she found it. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 A day with CNU was something different for Haengeun, what was CNU thinking? Did he really mean to just hung out with her or is it something else? Will he ever realize what he truly feels? Haengeun was such a nosy person. Look at her, looking at other people's possessions. What did she find? Was it something important??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Phew, I just finished this chapter last night. OMONA, I'm so slow these days. What do you think?? A date with CNU. I just thought CNU wasn't in the spotlight for the past chapters, why not give the oldest hyung some loving. I think I can finish the next chapter tonight, then I'll post it tomorrow. By the way, are still there people reading this?? There aren't much commenting on it. Oh, is it because of my slow updates?? SO SORRY!! Forgive me?? But anyway, to those who are still interested. I LOVE YOU ALL <3 THANKYU!