Chapter 51

Fate or random luck?

 

 Early that same morning B1A4 went on their separate ways. All of them would wait for Haengeun to arrive and if she does arrive, the one she was with must immediately inform the others. Each of them chose a distinct place to stay at.

 What’s taking her so long? Did she get lost? I hope not. Where are you Haengeun-ah?, CNU thought to himself. He was pacing back and forth beside the fictional section of the bookstore. He was waiting for Haengeun to arrive and he was slowly losing hope.

 “I bet she choose the others’ place. Aisht! I shouldn’t have chosen this bookstore!”, he said in frustration.

 Then out of nowhere he heard someone yell ‘oppa’. It came from a voice that he knew by heart. He immediately turned towards the voice’s direction and there he saw a grinning and very cute Kim Haengeun. She’s here. She chose me first, he screamed in his mind.

 “Dongwoo oppa!”, Haengeun said, catching her breath.

 “Haengeun-ah, what took you so long? Did you get lost?”, CNU asked, worried.

 “Ani. You know, you got some explaining to do. What is this?”, Haengeun asked back.

 Instead of answering right away, CNU lead Haengeun to the manga section. He was giggly inside and smiling like an idiot. He still can’t believe that Haengeun choose his place first, just then he remembered to send a message to the others. He took out his phone and composed a message.

 To: Jinyoung-ah; Duellie; HamBARO; Channie

                  YEOROBUN! HAENGEUN IS WITH ME! DON’T WAIT ANYMORE. AFTER TWO HOURS I’LL GIVE HER THE NEXT INSTRUCTIONS.

                                                                                                                                                                                                   -CNU

 After sending the message, CNU turned his attention back to Haengeun. Haengeun was busy scanning through the mangas on the shelves. A smile appeared on CNU’s face.

 “Did you find something you like?”, CNU asked. Haengeun just shook her head and continued to scan the shelves.

 “Can I ask you something?”

 Haengeun stopped and looked up at CNU. She smiled and nodded.

 “All of those places, did you really chose this place first?”, CNU asked. He was eager to know if Haengeun really chose him first. He wanted to see if this was a sign.

 “To be honest all those places written on the note were unfamiliar to me. That’s why I took so long to go here. I just randomly chose number 3.”, Haengeun explained.

 “Oh”, was all CNU could say. So she didn’t choose me right away. Oh well, what matters is that she’s here now, he reassured himself. He let out a sigh and shrugged all the negative thoughts in his mind.

 “Haengeun-ah, do you like bookstores?”, CNU asked casually.

 “Are you seriously asking that?”, Haengeun chuckled.

 CNU blushed, a little embarrassed because of his question. That’s so lame! She’s right, he thought and mentally slapped himself.

 Oh, he’s blushing! Kyopta!, Haengeun thought. “Well, yeah. I sort of like bookstores. I mean, it’s full of books. Not old books, but new ones! Ones that I actually like to read.”, she said.

 “You’re such a bookworm, huh?”

 *merong* “So what?”, Haengeun asked.

 “Nothing, you are such a cutie.”, CNU said pinching Haengeun’s cheeks. Haengeun stuck her tongue out much more, which caused CNU to pinch her cheeks more.

 “Oppa!”, Haengeun whinned while touching her sore cheeks.

 “Mianhe.”, CNU chuckled.

 “What else are we going to do now??”

 “Let’s find something to read and stay here for a while. How’s that?”

 “Ne! Wait, I’ll choose one first.”, Haengeun said running through the different sections of the bookstore.

 CNU just chuckled when Haengeun suddenly ran off. Isn’t she just cute?, he thought. He then followed Haengeun and looked for something to read as well. After a few moments, both found something to read. Haengeun chose a fantasy teen flick type of book while CNU chose a suspense thriller one.

 “How about we sit here?”, CNU asked, pertaining to the space between a shelf and a window.

 “Perfect.”, Haengeun chirped.

 Time went by quickly and neither CNU nor Haengeun felt it. Both of them were indulged to their books, understanding every word and imagining every scenario. It was only when CNU’s phone vibrated that he became aware of how much time had passed. Omona! I only have 15 minutes left with her. I haven’t even told her feelings yet!, he screamed into his mind. Panic rouse within him. He doesn’t know how to begin his confession. He took a quick glance at Haengeun which made his heart beat fast.

 “Yeppo”, he whispered.

 Ow, that’s so sweet. I can’t believe he did that, Haengeun thought not taking off her eyes from the book. She can’t seem to let go of the book. She fell in love the moment she read the first paragraph. Turning to the next page, anticipating the next events, a piece of paper was slid unto the page. Surprised, she stared at the piece of paper with a heart on it. A smile appeared on her face.

 “Mw..”, but before Haengeun could finish her sentence another paper appeared. This time ‘Look at me’ was written on it. Following what was written, she placed the book down and faced CNU.

 Now is the time, CNU thought. He exhaled and begun to speak.

 “Haengeun, na neo joha-hae. I liked you ever since I started to see you as a girl. You have those charms that I can’t seem to resist. Honestly, I was jealous that you threw that surprise party for Channie. Yes, I know we still don’t know that you are actually Haengeun by that time. But that didn’t stop me from being envious.”, CNU said.

 Haengeun was motionless. She was trying to process everything that CNU said to her. Since Haengeun was silent, CNU decided to continue speaking.

 “I know you’re in shock right now. I don’t expect you to answer my feelings right away. Confessing to you now is better than not confessing at all. Please give my feelings a chance. I’m not forcing you, just give me a chance. Haengeun-shi, saranghae.”

 Haengeun was still motionless. Everything wasn’t processing in her mind. She felt lost. What is happening?, she asked herself.

 Finishing his confession, CNU stood up and brushed the dirt off of his pants. He stared at Haengeun who didn’t move an inch since he began his confession. She’s in shock. I knew this will happen, he thought. He glanced at his wrist watch and noticed the time.

 “Okay, time’s up. Haengeun-shi, get up. Your would be glued on the floor if you won’t get up.”, CNU joked, extending his hand to Haengeun.

 Snapping back to reality, Haengeun grabbed CNU’s hand and stood. She kept on staring at CNU who was smiling her.

 “Ya, stop staring at me like that. It’s weirding me out. Here.”, CNU said, handing an envelope.

 “What is this?”, Haengeun finally said.

 “Your next instructions. Pali, pali. Don’t waste your time.”, CNU said pushing Haengeun to the exit. When they reached the exit, he wrapped his arms around her. Haengeun froze, the moment she was aware that CNU hugged her.

 “Remember what I said, give me a chance. Saranghae.”, he whispered and let her go. He then walked away and waved goodbye to a stunned Haengeun.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 CNU's turn is finally over. Although two hours wasn't enough, he made the best out of it. He told Haengeun everything he wanted to say. He finally confessed. Now time to go to the next part of the plan. Where will this lead Haengeun? 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 *merong* CNU is the first one. I hope it's okay with you guys. The next guy? Well, let's just see. ^^