Chapter 46

Fate or random luck?

 

 “CNU hyung, are you sure we’re safe here? I mean won’t they see us?”, Sandeul asked for the nth time.

 Baro, CNU, Gongchan and Sandeul were hiding behind a tree a few meters away from where Jinyoung was sitting. As they were fixing their positions, someone arrived. It was Haengeun and Gongchan noticed her right away.

 “Hyungs, ssshhhhh. She’s here.”, Gongchan informed them.

 The four boys were squirming around their positions, trying their best to feel comfortable. Their held their breath the moment Jinyoung begun to speak. None of them knew what would happen next. All of them were anticipating the next events. They begun to relaxed when they saw Haengeun’s smile and heard her laughter.

 “I guess, we came here for nothing. It seems that Jinyoung hyung has everything under control.”, Baro said.

 “Don’t be so sure, Baro hyung. We can’t tell what else could happened tonight.”, Gongchan said, not taking his eyes off of the people sitting on the bench.

 “You’re such a pessimist, Channie.”, CNU commented.

 Gongchan just shrugged CNU’s comment and continued to watch his roommate and hyung. He couldn’t move when he saw that Jinyoung engulfed Haengeun into a hug. He was shocked and how he wanted to go there and break that hug.

 The other boys saw that same scene. All of them had several emotions and reactions. One remained motionless, the other was gripping the grass beneath him and the other shut his eyes. No one of them could have predicted that Jinyoung would hug the girl that they like.

 After a few moments, the hug was done. All of them were now relieved a little. It was just a hug, they tried to remind themselves. The next scenes didn’t trigger anything for a while. Both Jinyoung and Haengeun were just talking. Smiling and chatting.

 With every smile, Gongchan felt a stab on his heart. She shouldn’t smile like that in front of Jinyoung hyung. Those smiles belong to me, he thought. He was fighting so hard to stay put. He doesn’t want to ruin that moment.  He knew how much that it means to Haengeun.

 “Okay, hyung had enough. First the hug, now he’s holding her hand!”, Sandeul snapped.

 “SSSHH! Be quiet, Deullie!”, CNU warned.

 “But hyung.”, Sandeul whinned. Then CNU sent him a death glare which caused him to shut up.

 They heard every part of their friends’ conversation. Everything seemed fine until Haengeun asked. The moment the four boys realized her question, all of them tensed. They knew what Jinyoung’s answer would be and that Haengeun won’t like it. They couldn’t do anything to prevent her from hearing the answer, so they just sat and watched.

 They saw the quick change of expression from Haengeun’s face. Jinyoung too oblivious to notice it but they knew her too well. She was hurt once more. They knew that she was hoping that Jinyoung’s answer would be none. All of the knew that indeed there was although Jinyoung never revealed much information about that.  

 They failed once more. They couldn’t protect her.

 Gongchan saw Haengeun leaving and he snapped back to reality.

 “Hyungs, I have to go. I can’t let Haengeun wonder of again. It’s late.”

 “Arrasso. Bye.”, CNU said.

 “Channie, tell us as soon as possible.”, Baro added.

 “Don’t forget it. Now, pali. Go.”, Sandeul ordered.

 Gongchan nodded and hurriedly followed his roommate. He raced back to their room, praying that everything would be fine. His heart was beating too fast as he held the knob of their room. He turned it and peeked through the space. Inside, he saw Haengeun staring at her. He knew that she was fighting not to cry. He immediately ran to her and hugged.

 “Mianhe. I did it again, didn’t I?”, Gongchan whispered. Haengeun shook her head and just stayed quiet. They were like that for a few moments until Haengeun broke it off.

 *SMACK* “YA! WHERE’S MY CHOCO-BERRY ICE CREAM?!”, Haengeun asked.

 Gongchan was surprised when Haengeun hit him on the arm. She’s faking it again. When will this girl learn that she can’t hide from me? *sigh* Might as well play along, he thought.

 “Ah, about that. How about tomorrow? It’s late already. You’re going to be fat if you eat ice cream at this time.”, Gongchan joked.

 “Promise? Tomorrow?”, Haengeun asked cutely.

 “Ne, promise. Now go wash up and get ready for bed.”, Gongchan said, ruffling Haengeun’s hair.

 Haengeun just rolled her eyes and went to the bathroom. After her, Gongchan went in for his turn. When both of them were done, silence was present between them. Neither knew what to say.

 “Oppa?”, Haengeun said, breaking the silence.

 “Mm?”

 “Can I sleep beside you tonight? Kyuneun and I usually sleep together whenever one of us isn’t okay.”, Haengeun said, sheepishly.

 It was obvious that Gongchan was taken by what Haengeun said. She wants to sleep beside me? It’s okay, I guess. We’re just going to sleep, nothing else. Gong Chanshik, imagine that you’re Kyuneun and she your noona, he said to himself. He was nervous and shaking but he knew that Haengeun needs someone to lean on.

 “Sure, why not? But are we going to fit on my bed?”, Gongchan asked.

 Haengeun’s face lit up when she heard Gongchan agree. She nodded her head when he asked if they could fit.

 “Ne, oppa. Kyuneun and I fitted on my bed or vice versa. Besides, I don’t take up too much space.”, Haengeun said.

 “Ani, why don’t we move our beds together? That way, we have more space.”, Gongchan suggested.

 “Okay.”

 Both Haengeun and Gongchan fixed their beds. Making everything comfortable for the both of them. When they were done, they laid on their new bed face to face. Gongchan had this sudden urge to hold Haengeun’s face. She looks pretty. Just one touch. Aisht! What are you thinking Gongchan!? ert?, he mentally cursed himself. Haengeun was smiling while staring at Gongchan’s troubled expression. What could he be thinking? He looks cute. YA! What are you thinking, Kim Haengeun!? Stop it! His your oppa!, she scolded herself.

 “Goodnight”, they said in union which caused them to smile at each other. Both closed their eyes and tried to lessen the thoughts in their mind. Soon, both were asleep and on their own dreamland.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Could this be? Haengeun is starting to notice that somehow she does feel something for Gongchan. Will she ever understand her feelings? How about Jinyoung? What will happen to them?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 I actually I have finally decided to make alternate endings. Yes, I know I know. Some of you guys want Channie and others want Jinyoung. I can't even choose, so I think alternate endings is the best solution so far.  So I would like to thank my special friend, yeah you're a friend. @randumfreak. So don't get angry with me, ha? 

 ThanKYU <3