Chapter 31

Fate or random luck?

 

 Morning came and Haengeun felt her heavy eyes. There was no doubt that she cried for the rest of the night. She wouldn’t go out of her room. Gongchan just left her dinner in front of her door. For a while all she could think of was how stupid she was. She remembered exactly why she didn’t cry, she wanted her Oppa to remember her smiling face instead of a tear filled one. Pain was inevitable. Though feeling weak and uneasy, she did her routine.

 *sigh* “I can’t stay in my room forever. I bet Chanshik oppa is worried about me. Pabo!”, Haengeun said.

 After a brief moment of debating whether to go downstairs or not, Haengeun finally decided to go down. The moment she stepped off the stairs, the scent of cooked pancakes and waffles were present. Her stomach roared in response, she didn’t eat supper. She begun to sprint to the kitchen.

 Gongchan woke up early in the morning. He couldn’t sleep well knowing Haengeun was like that. He was too worried to sleep. The night before he kept on pacing in front of Haengeun’s room, debating on whether to knock or not. In the end, he couldn’t bring himself to knock on her door. That made him more uneasy than ever. All night long his mind was playing tricks on him. He begun to imagine different scenarios that was happening inside her room.

 First he saw Haengeun crying on one corner of her room. Then second, he saw her messing up her room. Then he saw her hurting herself due to frustration, she was cutting herself, ruining her hair and the sorts.

 “Aisht! Gongchan! What the heck are you thinking?! Haengeun-ah would never do that or would she?”, Gongchan said to the empty room.

 “Andwae. Of course, she won’t.”

 After convincing himself that he was being crazy for thinking of those sorts of things, he decided to try and sleep. Soon sleep found him.

 The first thing Gongchan did when he finished doing his routine the next morning was make breakfast. He knew that Haengeun would come out of her room and he bet that she will be hungry. He made pancakes and waffles for her.

 “These will cheer her up.”, Gongchan said with a smile.

 Just then a familiar voice made Gongchan jump.

 “Hmmmmm, pancakes? Waffles? Daebak!”, Haengeun said skipping to the table.

 Seeing a happy Haengeun and hearing her happy voice, Gongchan finally felt at ease. All his worry disappeared.

 “Good morning to you too. I knew you would like it.”, Gongchan said.

 “Oh, good morning Chanshik oppa. Can I eat now? Bae gopa!”, Haengeun whinned.

 “Ne. Ne. Go on!”

 Haengeun begun to dig in, she took a lot of pancakes and waffles on her plate. She ate furiously which made Gongchan laugh out loud. It was like he was watching a variety show.

 “Ya! Eat slowly! I made a lot, so don’t worry. Arrasso?! If you choke, I have to do mouth-to-mouth with you.”, Gongchan warned Haengeun.

 Haengeun stopped eating. Mouth-to-mouth?!, she thought. Her cheeks became pink. She slowed her pace and ate like a lady. Gongchan couldn’t help but laugh some more. I was only kidding. Haengeun-ah, how can you be so cute?, he asked himself.

 They finished their breakfast and cleaned up. Both decided to stay indoors for today. Haengeun wasn’t in the mood to take Gongchan somewhere else while Gongchan just wants Haengeun to rest some more. They decided to watch television and just relax.

 *DING DONG* The sound of the Kim residence’s doorbell was heard. Haengeun and Gongchan were both startled. They were too engrossed with what they were watching. They heard the doorbell but no one stood to go check it out. The doorbell rang again and then again.

 “Aigoo. Haengeun-ah, why don’t you get that?”, Gongchan said not taking his eyes off of the screen.

 “Bwo? Why me? You go get it, Chanshik oppa. You’re closer to the door!”, Haengeun shouted back.

 “Let’s see. Do I live here? Ani. Am I the guest? Ne. So that means you are the one who should get the door.”, Gongchan said.

 “Aisht! You are so lazy, Chanshik oppa! But you are right.”

 Haengeun stood up and hit Gongchan on the arm. She had no choice.

 “Pabo, Chanshik oppa! Aisht!”, Haengeun whispered.

 The doorbell rang again.

 “I’m coming. I’m coming.”, Haengeun shouted.

 Haegeun finally reached the door and turned the knob. The moment she saw who was at the door, she immediately slammed the door. Her heart was racing so fast and her breathing became slow and hard. Gongchan heard the door slam and begun to panic. He raced to the door and saw a pale Haengeun.

 “Haengeun-ah, gwenchana? What happened?”, Gongchan asked right away. Haengeun couldn’t give a response. Her mind was racing and she couldn’t breathe.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 An unexpected visitor. Who could it be? Why did Haengeun react like that? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 TGIF! I'm home earlier and I'm alone so I decided to update. Sorry about not updating very often, I'm trying my best though. So thank you for those who are still with me. I hope you're enjoying reading this as much as I'm enjoyinh writing about it.