Chapter 40

Fate or random luck?

 

 -One Day-

 To: Baro hyung; CNU hyung; Sandeul hyung

                Hyungs, Haengeun already told about what happened to her and Jinyoung hyung right? So would you help me, I want them to be okay now. She must stop hiding. I know you guys miss her, so are you gonna help?

-cutest maknae

Channie ^^

 *BEEP* Baro, CNU and Sandeul’s phone chirped almost at the same time.

 To: Channie

                Arrasso, for Ahji anything. So what’s the plan?

-HAMBARO wink

 To: Channie

                Of course, I’ll help you out. I can’t take another day of seeing Haengeun sad. You have a plan right?

-CNU :D

 To: Channie

                You’re right, I miss Baby. Stupid Jinyoung hyung. Oh well. Time for her to spend time with us. Plan? Tell me! Pali! Pali!

-Sandeul, Sandeul :P

 

 With that, the four boys conspired a plan to help Haengeun and Jinyoung become okay once again. Oh yes, they were willing to do it but they can’t hide the fact that they felt pain. All of them felt something for Haengeun and they were willing to do anything, even if it would hurt them in the process.

 One Saturday morning, Gongchan woke up early. This is the day. I just hope that things would go according to plan, he thought. He got up and woke Haengeun up.

 “Haengeun-ah, irunah. Pali! Wake up!”

 “Mm? Why did you wake up, Chanshik oppa?”, Haengeun asked, groggily.

 Gongchan smiled.

 “Did you forget? It’s Saturday today. You promised that you would accompany me today. Remember?”

 Haengeun got up and rubbed her eyes. She nodded which meant that she does remember.

 “Okay, so where are we going?”, Haengeun asked while walking towards the bathroom.

 “Secret.”, Gongchan winked.

 Haengeun just rolled her eyes and closed the bathroom door. She finished talking her bath and asked Gongchan again.

 “Where are we going?”

 “Umm, just around Seoul. Are you going to wear that, all that?”, Gongchan asked eyeing her from head to toe.

 “Wae? What do you want me to wear, then?”, Haengeun said.

 “Oh, nothing. Pali, I want to have fun now!”, Gongchan said, grabbing his bag pack and Haengeun’s arm.

 Haengeun was puzzled about Gongchan’s weird question. Of course, this is what I’m going to wear. What does he expect me wear? A skirt? A dress?, she asked herself while being dragged by him. Without her knowledge, Gongchan was up to something. Soon Gongchan stopped dragging her.

 “Where are we, hyung?”, Haengeun asked, remembering that she’s Kyuneun.

 “I heard from CNU hyung that you’re quite a gamer, so I’m here to see if it’s true. I heard that you beat him too.”, Gongchan said.

 “Oh, so you’ve heard. You’ve heard right. I beat him to a pulp. Did you drag me here to have the same fate as him?”, Haengeun said smugly.

 Gongchan couldn’t help but laugh.

 “So our little Ahji, thinks he’s all that. Let’s just see if those aren’t just words.”

 With that, both went in. Haengeun lead Gongchan to the same game that she and CNU played before. The battle begun and it was a long one. Neither was willing to lose but just like before, Haengeun won. Gongchan was speechless and asked for a rematch. Haengeun just laughed and agreed. Again, Gongchan lost. Laughter came out of Haengeun’s mouth and Gongchan looked like he was going to burst any second.

 “REMATCH!”, Gongchan yelled.

 “Hyung, I beat you fair and square. Twice. Do you want to lose again? How about a different game?”, Haengeun suggested.

 Gongchan thought for a while and let it go. He chose a new game. Unfortunately, he lost once again. He won’t accept defeat, so he asked for a rematch. In the end, he lost. He asked to play another game and Haengeun agreed because she was having fun seeing Gongchan go mad whenever she beats him. It went like that for the rest of the morning. Lunch came and finally, Gongchan agreed to stop. After eating lunch, both went somewhere else.

 “Okay, tell me. Are you really a girl?”, Gongchan asked in a whisper which made Haengeun look at him all confused.

 “Huh?”

 “I mean, I have never seen a girl play videogames the way you did. Usually the girls I see are never interested in these things. I mean, they play with dolls and stuff but not videogames.”, Gongchan said.

 Haengeun laughed.

 “Did you forget that I have a twin brother? When we were younger, Appa bought him a game console and he was obsessed with it. I mean, he totally won’t leave the game. One day, I got curious so I went to him. I asked if I could play, Kyuneun was hesitant at first but he let me play. Surprisingly I found it enjoyable and so, we played together. Whenever Appa brought a new game home, he would always yell, ‘Noona! Play with me!’.”, Haengeun chuckled, remembering her childhood.

 “Oh, so that’s why you’re such an expert. I always thought that you’re a real girly girl. The way you twirled around when you wore the dress I gave you before, but I guess I’m wrong. You’re a boy trapped in a girl’s body.”, Gongchan said.

 “Ya!”, Haengeun said, hitting Gongchan on the arm.

 Gongchan laughed at her reaction. So they continued on walking. They spent most of the afternoon, walking and talking. They were in their own world, laughing and having fun. *BEEP* Gongchan’s phone chirped, which brought him back to reality. A message from Sandeul hyung, he thought.

 To: Channie

                Channie, gwenchana? It’s almost 5:00, shall we continue with the plan?

-Sandeul, Sandeul :P

 Pabo. I totally forgot about the plan. I’m having too much fun with her. *sigh* I don’t want to end it but I have to, Gongchan thought. He composed a message for Sandeul and turned his attention to a giggling Haengeun. His heartbeat was going insane again, he can’t take his eyes off of her. Haengeun-ah, he thought.

 Haengeun noticed Gongchan staring at her and a smile creped from her lips.

 “So, where to next hyung?”

 Gongchan reluctantly returned to reality and thoughts were scrambling in his mind. Wait, what was I about to say to her?, he asked himself. Then he remembered.

 “Ah, right. Let’s go there.”, Gongchan said pointing to a nearby park. Haengeun agreed and they walked towards the park. Once there, Gongchan sat on a bench.

 “What are we going to do here?”, Haengeun asked innocently.

 Not hearing Haengeun’s question, Gongchan spoke.

 “You know, you can’t hide forever. Sooner or later you have to face him.”

 “Mwo?”, Haengeun asked, not sure what Gongchan was talking about.

 “I thought now that you’ve finally found him, things would be better. But what are you doing? You’re avoiding him. Don’t tell me, you wasted your time and your precious hair for nothing. Haengeun, you have to talk to Jinyoung hyung. You have been running away for quite some time now. Baro hyung, CNU hyung and Sandeul hyung are worried, we are worried about you.”, Gongchan said in a serious manner.

 So this is what it’s all about. They’re worried about me, but why? I mean, I’m smiling aren’t I?, Haengeun thought to herself. She can’t admit the fact that everything that Gongchan said was true. She needs to stop hiding. She didn’t waste her time for nothing. She didn’t cut her precious hair for her to run away with her tail behind her.

 *sigh* “Mianhe, hyung. I know, I know. I’m such a coward. I’m sorry for making you guys worried. I promise when I have the chance, I’ll talk to him. I’ll tell him the truth, the WHOLE truth. Then maybe, things would be better. I don’t have enough time anyway. I wasted too much time, soon . . . “, Haengeun didn’t dare finish her sentence.

 Hearing that Haengeun will talk to Jinyoung, Gongchan made a mental note. Okay, she said she will. So I guess that good enough. Time to start the plan, he noted. He didn’t even notice the sad look that was present on Haengeun’s face, instead he stood up.

 “Arraso. Enough about that, want to play a game?”

 Shrugging off her thoughts, Haengeun stood as well.

 “Game?”

 “Ne, a game. To pass the time. So, are you up for it?”, Gongchan challenged Haengeun.

 *EXHALE* “I’m always up for it, I just hope you won’t lose again.”, Haengeun said with a smirk.

 “I don’t think I can lose in this game. Let’s play, hide and seek. I hide, you seek.”, Gongchan said playfully.

 Hide and seek? You have to be kidding me. Chanshik oppa has finally lost it, Haengeun thought as she rolled her eyes. She debated on asking him why that game or laughing so hard about his game preference, but in the end she just gave up.

 “Okay. I’ll count 1 to 100, then I’ll seek you.”

 “Yes! No picking, arraso?”, Gongchan said smiling like a little kid.

 “Arraso. I’ll start now. 1 … 2… 3… 4…”, Haengeun started.

 “ … 98 … 99 … 100 … Ready or not, here I come. Gong Chanshik, come out come out wherever you are.”, Haengeun sang. She searched high and low, left and right but there was no sign of Gongchan.

 “Oh, he’s good.”, she said to herself. She continued her search. After half an hour, she was tired.

 “Chanshik hyung, I give up. You can go out now.”, she said in surrender. But there was no response.

 “I said, I give up. Game over, you’ve won.”, she said once again. No voice was heard expect the breeze of the cold air. A chill went down her spine and her heartbeat begun to pace. She was shivering and anxiety was building up.

 “H-h-hyung. It’s not funny. Where are you?”, she asked, looking in all directions. It was quiet, too quiet. She’s getting scared. Suddenly, her phone chirped which caused her to scream. Realizing that it was her phone, she calmed down. Her hand on her chest, she read the message.

 To: Haengeun-ah

                By now I’m sure you’ve found out that I’m no longer there. Mianhe, forgive me. I’m somewhere else and if you’re not too mad, go here. You can punish me later, so go here okay? Pali, I’m waiting. Here’s the address. XXXXX st. XXXXX Ave. Pali.

-cutest maknae

Channie ^^

                P.S. I left my bag pack under the slide, bring it over okay?

 Haengeun sigh in frustration and begun to mumble something.

 “Aisht! Gong Chanshik, you are so dead! Leaving me here! Scaring me to death! Making me count up to 100! You bet I’ll be there, you better prepare yourself!”, she shouted.

 With that she went to where Gongchan wants her to be. By the time, she arrived anger was rising up once again. Remembering what happened a while tick her off. Oh how she wanted to strangle Gongchan right away. *BEEP* Suddenly, her phone chirped once again.

 To: Haengeun-ah

                Are you here yet? If so, do you see a large tree beside a vendo machine? Go straight towards it, behind there you’ll see a fountain. I’m there, waiting. Pali, my ’s getting sore from sitting. Besides, bae gopa. Pali, arrasso?

-cutest maknae

Channie ^^

 A sigh of frustration escaped from Haengeun lips.

 “Ditching me, telling me to go somewhere and now he wants to go fetch him or something. Oh, he is going too far. He is so dead.”, she cursed.

 Frustrated and flushed with anger, Haengeun saw the large tree that Gongchan said. She walked towards it and instantly, she saw the fountain. She began to sprint, knowing that her prey in within her grasp. A silhouette of a boy was seen and she walked furiously towards it. She was about to struggle the person in front of her when the person faced her. All the blood from face was drained in an instant. Her eyes widen with the sight of the person. Her heart hammered within her. All the anger and frustration she felt to Gongchan was gone. Her mind became blank. She was losing it, she doesn’t know what to do. Eottoke? Eottoke?, she repeatedly asked herself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Gongchan's intentions are always for Haengeun's welfare. How he loves her so. He's willing to do anything for her, anything. Haengeun remained clueless until she got ditched by Gongchan. How naive of her to follow Gongchan's instructions. Now, who's the person she's facing now? Who made her stop? Who? Who?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 I'm updating twice today so I can make up for lost time. I spent last night working on this, I slept at around 1 in the morning. Ideas were flowing in my head and I don't want to waste it. I started with the next chapter already, I hope I can finish it by tonight. Then with luck, I'll post it tomorrow during my Database Class. So, will you wait for it?? 

 Again, I'm so sorry for disappointing you guys. T.T I'm such a bad writer. Mianhe, cheongmal mianhe.