Chapter 37

Fate or random luck?

 A few hours before, a cute looking guy was busy fiddling with his hand phone. He seemed so distracted and anxious. Aisht, what’s taking her so long to reply? Is she still angry with me?, Gongchan thought. A few moments ago, he invited Haengeun out for dinner. He thought that maybe this night he could finally tell her what he truly feels for her. Unfortunately Haengeun hasn’t replied. He continued to pace back and forth until he felt tired.

 “I can’t take it anymore. Aisht! I’ll call her up!”, Gongchan said although it was had only been 5 minutes since he sent the text. He dialed Haengeun’s phone number.

 “. . . ring . . ring. . ring . . sorry the number you had dialed is out of coverage area please try your call again later. . . .”

 “Mwo? Out of coverage?!”, Gongchan said a little too loud.

 “Mmm, I think she read my message I’ll wait for a little while., he said. Since he doesn’t have anything to do, he just decided to stroll around. He was fascinated about the people around him. He was the type of person that does people watching but he was willing to do anything to pass the time. Seconds turned to minutes and minutes turned into hours, he was growing more and more impatient. He tried to call Haengeun again but it was out of coverage again.

 Gongchan was about to go back to the academy when his stomach growled in hunger.

 “Bae gopa. I think I’ll take home food maybe she hasn’t eaten.”, Gongchan said to himself. He went to their favorite restaurant and bought their favorites. He was skipping and smiling while on his way. Sure he was a little pissed about Haengeun not picking up, not replying and not showing up but as soon as he imagined her reaction once he give her what he bought all those negative feelings fade.

 Once the sight of the gates of WM Academy were in sight, Gongchan begun to walk faster. The moment he entered his room all the happiness and anticipation he felt was washed away. He felt his heartbeat raced and all the things he never wanted to feel. He saw a pale and tear stricken faced Haengeun. It was a sight he never wanted to see. He dropped everything he was holding and rushed towards the girl he loves.

 “Haengeun-ah, gwenchana? What happened? Eottoke!? Haengeun-ah.”, Gongchan said but his voice was shaking.

 For the past hour and a half, all Haengeun did was cry her eyes out. There were too many emotions that were overwhelming her. For every tear that comes out of her eyes, she felt that her heart was slowly dying. She had never been in that state before, it was as if a special part of her was gone. She heard her stomach growl in hunger but she didn’t move an inch. She was willing to lay on her bed, skip dinner and continue to weep.

 The door of her room opened and she didn’t if care. She heard Gongchan speak and forced herself to look up. When she heard and saw how worried Gongchan was, she cried once more. She saw her reflection on his eyes and she looked horrible.

 She cried again. Eottoke? Eottoke?, Gongchan thought. He hugged her tight and caressed her hair.

 “Shhh, Haengeun. Everything will be okay. Oppa is here. Oppa won’t leave you. Shhhh.”, Gongchan whispered to Haengeun.

 “O-o-ppa. *sniff*”, Haengeun said breaking the hug and facing Gongchan.

 “Mmm? What is it?”, Gongchan in a concerned tone.

 “*sniff* Chanshik oppa, I found him. I finally found him. *sniff*”, Haengeun said smiling but tears were still falling from her eyes.

 “Mwo? Found who? Wait. Are you telling me that you found your oppa?”, Gongchan asked, surprised. Haengeun nodded and smiled once more. Andwae, andwae!, he thought. He dreamt that this day won’t come. He doesn’t want to know who that person is but he was curious. He was to know if that person was better than him. He knew that he would feel hurt once he knew the answer but he asked anyway.

 “Cheongmal? Who? How? When?”,

 “I found him today. I can’t believe it. Chanshik oppa, he was always with me, with us. I can’t believe I was so blind. Pabo. I wasted so much time. *sniff*”, Haengeun blurted out wiping some on her tears.

 “Huh? What do you mean about him being with us? Do I know him?”

 “Yes. Yes. You know him very much. You know him more than I do. Chanshik oppa. It’s Jinyoung, Jung Jinyoung. He’s my oppa, the reason why I’m here. My lost oppa.”, Haengeun said crying again.

 Gongchan was silent, his whole world collapsed the moment he heard Jinyoung’s name. J-J-Jinyoung hyung? Jinyoung hyung is her oppa? He’s the one? Andwae. Andwae, he thought. He regretted asking. He regretted knowing. Now he doesn’t know how to react, what to say and what to do. He stayed motionless until Haengeun spoke.

 “You know what, Chanshik oppa? He still has my necklace, I can’t believe it. I was at their room because Dongwoo oppa asked me to get something. I was curious about Jinyoung hyung’s side of the room. I saw this vintage looking box and opened it. There it was, my snowflake. I was shocked and confused at first but my memories came rushing back. The moment I realized that it was him, he came barging in. He was angry at me for some reason. He snatched the necklace away from me and sent me out of the room.”

 Gongchan was still silent, all he did was stare at Haengeun. He felt a stab in his heart with each word that he heard.

 “I wanted to tell him that I own that necklace. I wanted to ask him why he didn’t notice that it was mine. I wanted to ask if he still remembers me, us. But no words came out of my mouth, instead tears came out. I was so pissed with myself and shocked because he shouted at me. I was scared, I had never seen him so angry.”, Haengeun continued.

 *exhale* “Jinyoung hyung shouted at you?! Aisht. He shouldn’t have done that. Anyways, are you okay now? I mean you finally found him.”, Gongchan asked and forced himself to show no emotion.

 “Ne, I’m okay. I think I can’t cry no more. My eyes hurt and I’m afraid that I’ll go blind if I continue to cry.”, Haengeun said smiling to Gongchan.

 Seeing Haengeun’s smile, Gongchan felt a little better. At least she’s smiling now. I’ll live. So what if she found out that Jinyoung hyung is her oppa, it’s not like she likes him anyway. I still have a chance, he reassured himself.

 “That’s right. Kim Haengeun, I think you cried enough. Ya! I remembered something.”

 “Mwo?”

 “I sent you a message earlier today, why didn’t you reply back?”

 Hearing that, Haengeun stood up and rushed to her backpack. “Aisht, I remembered my phone battery died. Mianhe oppa. I read your message and when I was typing, it suddenly died.”

 So she wasn't ignoring me, that’s a relief, Gongchan thought. “Where you anyway? Wait before you answer that, have you eaten already?”, he asked. He felt his stomach roared in rage. Haengeun shook her head and a loud growl was heard. Gongchan laughed when he heard it.

 “I guess that’s your answer. Kaja, I bought food earlier. We can talk while we eat, I’m hungry too.”, Gongchan chuckled and handed Haengeun the food. Both in silence for a while, it was obvious that both were straving.

 “Haengeun-ah?”, Gongchan said with a mouthful of meat.

 “Mm?”

 “Now that you know that its hyung, how will you tell him? How will you tell him that you are the owner of that necklace and it’s you all along? Eh, he doesn’t even know that you’re a you know.”, Gongchan asked.

 Haengeun didn’t think about that part. She was too overwhelmed with the discovery that happened. She didn’t have time to think about what to do next.

 “Err, I haven’t thought about that yet. Besides I doubt he’ll talk to me. You should have seen him earlier, he was so mad. I guess that what happens to people who touches other people’s things.”, Haengeun embarrassedly admitted.

 “Mwo? Omo. You are something Haengeun-ah. Knowing hyung, he’ll need time to cool down. Maybe you can think of a way during those time.”, Gongchan suggested.

 “You are right.”, Haengeun agreed.

 With that, the two ate some more. Haengeun was finally able to calm her heart down and breathe again. She was glad that Gongchan was there with her, she doesn’t know what she’ll do if he was around. She was always grateful for him. Gongchan on one hand, was completely a mess. Outside he was the same jolly and cheerful Gongchan but inside he was dying. His heart was completely torn. He was willing to hide his pain as long as he sees Haengeun was happy. He wants her to be happy but he can’t fully do that without hurting himself. He wants to be happy too. How will this be? What could he do to save himself from the pain and yet make the only girl he loves happy?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Haengeun has finally told the only person she trusted who her oppa is. Some of the load had been lifted from her chest. Now she is facing a conflict, how will she admit to Jinyoung the whole truth? From her owning the necklace to her pretending to be a boy? IF she reveals the truth will Jinyoung accept her with open arms? Or will his anger deepen? Gongchan learned the hard truth, the person that he was desperately looking for was always with him. Why did it have to be Jinyoung? His hyung was the main reason he meant the girl he truly loves. Now he doesn't know what to do. He wants Haengeun to be happy but he can't do that withouy hurting himself. And his confession? Will he be able to continue with it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Annyeong! I skipped class today because well, I'm too late to enter my class anyway. Since I don't have anything to do, I decided to update. I made this last night, I honestly think that I'm losing it. I think my chapters are becoming boring. Am I right? Aisht. I'm losing my touch. I hope that you guys still like reading it though. All though I think this chapter isn't that good, I still had a smile while I was typing this. So, tell me. How is it? Is it as bad as I think it is? I truly appreciate your comments. Anyway, I think I babbled too much. I'll try to update soon. ^^