Chapter 61

Fate or random luck?

 

 The moment she realized that Jinyoung’s hands were on her waist, Haengeun froze. She was stunned with his sudden actions. After a few seconds of being shocked, a mischievous idea popped in her mind. She then walked slowly beside the fountain and placed her finger on the mouth of the drinking fountain, which caused the water to fly everywhere.

 Jinyoung’s shirt was soaked and so was everything else. Before he could react, Haengeun sprayed some more water on him. Now, he was totally soaked.

 “What the?!”

 “OMONA! You are so…HAHAHAHA…You look…HAHAHAHA”, Haengeun couldn’t speak properly, she was laughing so hard.

 “KIM HAENGEUN!”, Jinyoung yelled. Haengeun just continued to laugh.

 “You are so gonna get it!”, Jinyoung warned. He then sprayed some water on a laughing Haengeun. Seeing her reaction made him laugh.

 “OPPA!”

 But before she could continue what she was saying, Jinyoung sprayed more water on her. Soon, she was soaked as well. For a couple of moments, both of them didn’t do anything besides wasting water, spraying each other with water and laughing at each other.

 “Jinyoung oppa, stop. Look at you’ve done.”, Haengeun chuckled, covering herself.

 “What I did? You started it!”, Jinyoung said, spraying more water.

 “Arrasso, arrasso. I started it, now stop before we start a flood.”

 Jinyoung stopped and sat on the bench. He looked at Haengeun and told her to sit beside him. Once she was seated, Jinyoung carefully leaned his head on her shoulder. Haengeun became a little stiff when she noticed what Jinyoung had done. She took a quick glance on Jinyoung. He looks so cute with his eyes closed like that. I wish we could stay like this, she thought.

 “Thank you for being here today.”, Jinyoung said, not opening his eyes.

 “Mmm”, was all Haengeun could say. She can’t help but stare at Jinyoung some more.

 “I have something to tell you, will you listen?”, Jinyoung asked.

 “Mmm”, just then Jinyoung opened his eyes which surprised Haengeun. She wanted to look away but she can’t. There was something about the way Jinyoung was staring at her.

 Before Jinyoung spoke, he placed a strand of Haengeun’s hair behind her ear. He saw her blush which made him blush as well. This is it. It’s now or never, he thought. He smiled at the girl who was looking back at him and she smiled back.

 “Do you remember when you asked me if I had a girlfriend before?”

 He is too close, can he hear my heartbeat? My heart can’t take it if he continues to look at me like that. Omo, I’m blushing aren’t I? Did I just saw him blush as well? That smile! No, not that smile!, Haengeun thought. She feels like she was on cloud 9, everything seemed so perfect until Jinyoung spoke. Not that question, she thought. With that, she withdrew from his gaze and looked at somewhere else.

 “Ne, you said you only had one.”, Haengeun said, a little hurt.

 “Do you want to hear our story?”

 SHIREO! SHIREO! NEVER! WHY WOULD I WANT TO HEAR YOUR LOVE STORY!, Haengeun thought of saying but stopped herself. Instead she just nodded.

 “Well, I met her a long long time ago. She’s pretty, nice, a little naïve, smart, caring and most of all loving. She has a dongsaeng that she really really loves. I became her friend because I was curious why nobody was talking her and her dongsaeng. As time passed us by, our friendship deepens and so were my feelings. I thought it was just a plain crush, so one day I suggested that we would pretend that were a couple.”, Jinyoung begun, smiling.

 Haengeun continued to look somewhere else but with every word that Jinyoung said made her a little uneasy. There was something inside that she couldn’t explain.

 “We continued to pretend being a couple until I realized that I don’t to pretend anymore. I wanted it to be real. Having a girlfriend at a young age is a little crazy, right? But I didn’t care. One day, I was so determined to tell her my true feelings when my parents told me a terrible news. When I met her that day, instead of confessing I told her the bad news. I cried while telling her the news but you know what? She didn’t even shed a tear, a lot of thoughts were running through my mind that time. I was so sure that she feels exactly the way as me but seeing her smile on that dreadful day broke my heart.”, Jinyoung continued, his voice was cracking.

 Hearing Jinyoung’s voice crack, involuntarily Haengeun turned her head towards him. She replayed everything he said from the moment they sat. No way. Don’t tell me, she thought.

 “I was so mad at her that I almost threw the most precious thing she had given me. Good thing I stopped myself or else, she would have never found me. Kim Haengeun.”, Jinyoung said, facing Haengeun.

 “I should have told you this a long time ago but I didn’t have a chance. So I’m going to tell you now, since we’re here, the place where it all started. Haengeun, I love you. I loved you ever since we were young. You’re my first and only love. When we were apart, it’s true I stopped thinking about you because it was hurting me. The fact that I had to leave you and Kyuneun hunted me, I couldn’t bear with the pain so I closed my heart. It was only until Channie’s new roommate came into our lives that my heart slowly opened up. I never loved anybody else except you. I’m glad you’re back. Saranghae, jeongmal saranghae”

 Stunned, Haengeun was stunned once more. Everything was happening way too fast. One minute, she was playing with Jinyoung then the next they were sitting on a bench and he was saying a lot of things to her. What is happening? What did Jinyoung oppa just say? I don’t understand, she thought. She was speechless and shaking.

 I did it. After all these years, I’ve finally confessed to her. Isn’t she suppose to say ‘I love you too, Jinyoung oppa’ or ‘Nado saranghae’? Why isn’t she saying anything?, Jinyoung thought. Panic was slowly eating him up. There was no response from Haengeun and he was worried. It can’t be. There’s no way that she likes someone else, I mean CNU hyung said that, he reassured himself. He looked at Haengeun who was going paler by the minute.

 “You don’t have to give an answer now, you can think about it. I’m not in a hurry anyway. I’ve waited for years for this to happen, what’s a couple more days or weeks?”, Jinyoung joked. Still there was no reply from Haengeun. Sensing that she won’t speak, Jinyoung spoke again.

 “Hey, we should get home. We’re going to catch a cold if we stay here. We’re soaked, remember? Kaja, I bet Channie is waiting for you.”, he said, extending his hand.

 Hearing Gongchan’s name made Haengeun realized that this wasn’t a dream, it was real. She looked up at Jinyoung’s smiling face and then looked at his extended hand. Without analyzing her thoughts, she spoke.

 “Aniyo, I think I’ll stay here for a while. I’ll send Chanshik oppa a message later. I missed this place too much. Don’t worry, I won’t stay long.”

 “I don’t think that’s a good idea, Haengeun-shi. It’s getting pretty cold, I don’t want you catch a cold.”, Jinyoung said, with a concerned tone.

 “It’s okay, Jinyoung oppa. I don’t feel cold. I promise, I won’t stay long. Please let me stay.”, Haengeun begged.

 *sigh* “Arrasso, as long as you promise to go back to the academy right away. Be careful.”, Jinyoung said, he then hugged her. Before releasing her, he whispered something to her ear and handed something to her.

 “Don’t stay for too long, okay? See you at the academy.”, Jinyoung reminded and started to walk away.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 That's it, that's how Jinyoung and Haengeun's date ended. Soaked in water, tired and a little cold. Jinyoung had finally told Haengeun everything. He liked her ever since they were young, was he wrong to assume that Haengeun feels the same way as well? Haengeun was being Haengeun once again. Not saying a word or even showing any emotion. How will she deal with everything? Will she ever realize that they all love her?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Hey, did you guys like their date? I hope you guys like it. I tried my best to think of sweet moments for the two of them. I have to tell you guys something. I won't be around for a while. I have to focus on making the next chapters. Their story is almost ending, I want to make the next chapters better than the previous ones. So, will you guys wait for me? ThanKYU guys, I love you <3