Chapter 36

Fate or random luck?

 

 “Snowflake”, Haengeun whispered. Suddenly memories flooded back into her mind.

 -FLASHBACK-

 “Annyeong, I’m Jinyoung. Sorry for a while ago. I hope we can be friends.”

………………………….

 “Happy birthday Kyuneun-ah and Haengeun-ah!!!”, a young boy said. He handed a toy car to Kyuneun and a flower to Haengeun.

 “Jinyoung hyung, komawo! I love this!”, Kyuneun said giving Jinyoung a hug then he ran to play with his new toy.

 “Jinyoung oppa”, Haengeun said almost crying.

 “Ya, uljima. It’s your birthday, smile. Be happy.”, Jinyoung remainded.

 Wiping her tears Haengeun thanked him and gave him a peck on the cheek.

………………………..

 “Andwae. Kojitmal! Jinyoung hyung, you’re just kidding right?”, Kyuneun insisted but his voice was shaking.

 “I wish I was, Kyuneun-ah.”, Jinyoung said, soon tears fell from his eyes. Kyuneun pushed him and ran away.

 “Kyuneun-ah!”

 “Don’t worry about him, oppa. He’s just hurt and surprised. I’ll talk to him later.”, Haengeun said. Jinyoung just nodded.

 “So, are you really moving Jinyoung oppa?”, again Jinyoung nodded.

 “Oh”

….........................

 “When we reach high school let’s go to the same school. The three of us. Umm, Appa wants me to go to WM Academy. Tell Kyuneun about this, arrasso?”, Jinyoung said wiping his tears away.

 “Great idea, Jinyoung oppa! WM Academy it is. Ne, I’ll tell Kyuneun. This will be our promise. Until we meet again.”, Haengeun said extending her pinky to Jinyoung.

 “Promise.”, Jinyoung interlocked his picky with hers. He was about to leave when Haengeun hugged him from behind.

 “Before you go, I would like to give you this. Jinyoung oppa, take care of it. Annyeong! Till next time!”, Haengeun handed Jinyoung a necklace with a snowflake pendant and went her way.

 -END OF FLASHBACK-

 For a few moments, Haengeun stood motionless. She can’t believe what see just discovered. Her eyes were filled with tears. She doesn’t know what to feel first. She was happy, no she was overjoyed. Overjoyed for the fact that she has finally found the one person she was looking for. Yet, she was sad. Sad because she wasted so much time, her oppa was always with her. He was there since the beginning of her journey.

 “Pabo”, she whispered to herself.

 “I can’t believe I stayed all day at the library.”, Jinyoung said rubbing his shoulders. He stayed at the library because to start his project before hand. He was tired and hungry, so grabbed something to eat first. While eating he suddenly thought of Kyuneun.

 “Mmm, I haven’t seen Kyuneun or anyone today. Are they having fun without me again??”, Jinyoung said to himself.

 Jinyoung walked towards his room to rest. He noticed that the door was unlocked. CNU hyung must be here already. I swear I locked it before I left, he thought to himself. When he turned the knob and went inside, his heart dropped. He saw Kyuneun standing and eyeing a familiar necklace. He quickly ran inside and grabbed it.

 “YA! WHO TOLD YOU TO TOUCH MY THINGS?! WHY ARE YOU HERE?!”, Jinyoung shouted at Kyuenun.

 “I-I-I”, Haengeun managed to say.

 “GET OUT! GET OUT!”, Jinyoung shouted once more.

 Haengeun was shocked and scared. She has never seen Jinyoung so mad before. Her mind became blank and tears fell from her eyes. She wanted to admit to him that she owns that necklace, that she was the one he played with, that she fulfilled her promise but she couldn’t. Her voice was stuck and she couldn’t move. All she could do was cry.

 “YA! I SAID GET OUT! GET OUT!”, Jinyoung shouted and pushed Kyuneun out of the room. He managed to get him out and he locked the door. His heart was racing and his mind was pounding. There were a lot of things that weren’t processing in his mind. For a minute there, he just stood behind the closed door gripping on the necklace.

 Jinyoung didn’t know why reacted so badly towards Kyuneun, the person he likes. The moment he saw Kyuneun holding the most precious thing he had, he couldn’t stop himself. That necklace was given to him by his first love, although he has no idea who she was and where on earth she was. All he knew was that that necklace was the only thing that reminds him of her. No one has seen it, he did not dare tell B1A4 about it. Thinking of his first love made his heart ache. He kept the necklace safe and out of reach because there was a part of him that doesn’t want to remember his first love. But now that he saw it again and was on his hand, memories were coming to back to him. He saw himself as a young boy playing with two other kids. He can’t see their faces but he knew that one was girl and the other was a boy.

 *sigh* I thought I’m already over you, it’s been years but it hurts. My heart hurts.”, Jinyoung whispered his one hand on his chest and the other still gripping on  the necklace.

 “Who are you?”, he asked the necklace as if it was going to answer back.

 Haengeun was still in shock and tears were continuously falling from her eyes. She stood motionless for a few seconds until she noticed that there were people who staring at her.  Feeling embarrassed she ran towards her room, she completely forgot to act like a boy. She ran and cried like she always had. When she reached her room, she knocked herself in and hid under covers. She cried and cried and cried until she can’t cry no more.

 Back to B1A4’s usual spot CNU was still waiting for Haengeun’s return. The evening became later and the cold breeze was making him shiver.

 “Mmm? What’s taking Haenegun so long? The box isn’t hard to find.”, CNU mumbled to himself. He checked his watch and it said 7:30 pm. Every ticking of the clock made him more and more anxious. He could stay still.

 “Aisht! I better check on her.”, he said standing up and walking away from their spot. When he reached his room, he was surprised to know that the door was locked. He looked for his key when he remembered that he gave it to Haengeun a while ago. So he had no choice but to knock.

 *KNOCK KNOCK*

 “Who is it?”, a voice inside the room asked.

 “Jinyoung-ah, it’s me CNU. Will you let me in?? I don’t have my keys right now.”, CNU answered. With that the door opened and he entered.

 “CNU hyung, how can you forget your key?”, Jinyoung asked.

 “I didn’t forget it, I gave it to Haeng-er I mean Kyuneun-ah. I asked him to get something, did you by any chance see him? I told him that I’ll be waiting for him by our spot. I’m worried.”, CNU said walking towards his side of the room.

 Hearing the name of Kyuneun, Jinyoung’s mood dropped. Just when he finally calmed down, he just heard something connected to Kyuneun. His smile was gone in an instant. CNU didn’t notice his mood change, he was busy staring at the box on his bed.

 “He found it but why didn’t he come to see me?”, CNU asked.

 Jinyoung woke up from his daydreaming and asked his hyung.

 “Mm? Found what, hyung?”

 “This”, CNU said throwing the box to Jinyoung and he caught it.

 “Can I?”, Jinyoung asked. CNU nodded. Jinyoung opened the box and inside was a brand new manga.

 “I was supposed to give to him a long time ago but I couldn’t find a good chance to. I thought I could finally give it now but where’s he? Did you saw him?”, CNU asked again.

 Jinyoung was hesitant to answer but he answered anyway.

 *exhale* “Ani. I didn’t see him.”, Jinyoung lied.

 CNU just sent a message to Haengeun to ease his worried mind. After he sent his text, he remembered that her phone’s battery has died earlier. He mentally cursed himself and decided to take a rest. Jinyoung on one hand was trying his best to remove Kyuneun out of his mind. He felt a little guilty about the way he acted and wanted to apologize but he stopped himself. He was still pissed about him touching his precious necklace.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 What is this? Is this for real? Did Haengeun really find her oppa? Will she be able to tell JInyoung everything? If so, how will he react then? What about Gongchan? His confession? His feelings?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Happy Valentines Day everyone! 

 I finished this chapter, I hope you guys like it. The end is almost near though, I think. I'll try to finish the next chapter within this week. Wish me luck!