Chapter 39

Fate or random luck?

 

 It was almost time for their next class and Jinyoung was still looking for CNU. Huh? Hyung isn’t back yet. He said that he’ll be back in a minute, it’s almost time, he thought. He took his seat and checked his phone. No new message, it said. He knew that something was bothering his roommate but he didn’t ask why. There was a gut feeling that he was ready to face. He wanted to look for CNU some more but their teacher came, leaving with no choice but to stay.

 Gongchan went to the library to fetch Haengeun, it was almost time for their last class. Once he reached the library, he went straight to her usual spot. Finding the spot empty, he became nervous. Omo, she’s not here. Where could she be?, he asked himself. He searched the entire library but there was no sign of her. He checked his phone in case she left a message but there was none. He was growing more and more worried but he went straight to class. He knew that he can’t miss it because no one would take notes for the both of them.

 As soon as their afternoon class both Jinyoung and Gongchan raced out of their respective rooms. Both were desperately looking for their roommates. They checked their phone once again but there was nothing.

 “Haengeun-ah, where are you?”, Gongchan asked himself. Suddenly he remembered his terrible nightmare. He asked the same thing. He became much more worried and nervous than before.

 “Andwae, there’s no way she could be with hyung right? I mean, they’re not in good terms right now. Right?”, he desperately asked himself. His hands found his phone and begun to compose a message.

 To: Jinyoung hyung

                Hyung, where are you? Are you with someone? Reply ASAP.

 

-cutest maknae

Channie ^^

 *BEEP* Jinyoung was startled with the sound of his phone. He was resting on their usual spot, he grew exhausted looking for CNU. He read the message and a puzzled look was present on his face.

 To: Channie

                I’m at our spot. Ani, I’m all alone. Waeyo? By the way, have you seen CNU hyung?

-Jinyoung

 *BEEP* “Thank goodness she’s not with him. CNU hyung? Umm, now that he mentioned it. I didn’t see him, also Sandeul hyung and Baro hyung. Ummm.”, Gongchan said, relieved. All his worry was lessen. For him , it was better to know that Haengeun was alone than with Jinyoung.

 To: Jinyoung hyung

                Jinja? I’ll go there, wait for me. CNU hyung? Ani. How about Sandeul hyung and Baro hyung, have you seen them?

-cutest maknae

Channie ^^

 *BEEP* Again, Jinyoung’s phone chirped. He read the message and he was more puzzled than before. But before he could sent a message, Gongchan arrived and he was breathless.

 “H-h-hyung”, Gongchan said out of breath.

 “Ne?”

 “Have you seen Haeng-err I mean, Kyuneun-ah? He didn’t come back to class a while ago and I’m really worried.”, Gongchan said catching his breath.

 Hearing the name of Kyuneun, Jinyoung’s mind became blank. Again, he felt that he slightly despised himself. Kyuneun, Kim Kyuneun. How is he? Argh! Stop it, Jinyoung. Stop thinking about him, you’re mad remember?, he reminded himself. Shrugging the feeling off, he responded to Gongchan’s worried question.

 “Ani. I haven’t seen him since last Saturday. How about CNU hyung? Have you seen him? He wasn’t around during our afternoon classes.”, Jinyoung said trying to remain calm.

 Of course, he hasn’t seen her. She’s trying her best to stay hidden. Oh Haengeun, where are you?, Gongchan thought. Pacing from left to right, he spoke.

 “CNU hyung? Ani, the last time I saw him was this morning. About Baro hyung? Sandeul hyung?”

 “I haven’t seen those two also. Omona, I hope nothing happened to them.”, Jinyoung said, worried.

 *RING…RING…RING..* Gongchan’s phone chirped. He immediately grabbed his phone and looked the caller ID. Kim Haengeun was written, seeing Haengeun’s name he answered the call right away.

 “Yeobosayo?”

 “Chanshik oppa, annyeong!”

 “YA! WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU!? HOW DARE YOU DITCH CLASS WITHOUT ME?! I’M WORRIED SICK HERE! I TOLD YOU I’LL FETCH YOU AT THE LIBRARY!”

 “Aigoo, he’s mad. I told you, he’ll scream at me.”, Haengeun whispered to her other oppas.

 “Mianhe. Cheongmal mianhe. I was kidnapped by Dongwoo oppa, Junghwan oppa and Sunwoo oppa. I had no choice.”

 “YA! WE DIDN’T KIDNAPPED YOU! YOU KIDNAPPED US!”, Sandeul yelled on the other side.

 Hearing Haengeun’s voice and knowing that she was okay, Gongchan relaxed. He heard Sandeul yell and he can’t help but laugh.

 “Ha-ha. Arra, arra. As long as you’re okay, it’s fine. Are you going back already? Or am I eating alone tonight?”, Gongchan chuckled.

 “Are you going back now?”, Haengeun asked CNU, Baro and Sandeul.

 Ne, they all said at the same time.

 “But if Ahji still wants to play, we could stay.”, Baro suggested.

 “ANDWAE! SHIREO! You can’t! She needs to go home now! As in NOW!”, Gongchan yelled at his phone.

 “Oppas, did you hear that? We need to go home now, kaja!”, Haengeun said.

 “Chanshik oppa, we’ll go now. See you later, bye bye!”

 “Arrasso, bye. Take care.”

 Jinyoung was staring at Gongchan during the whole phone call. He was curios on who the caller was because Gongchan’s reaction weren’t normal. But most of all, he was feeling something in his gut. What is this? What’s wrong with me again?, he asked himself, frustrated.

 “Jinyoung hyung, I’ll be going now. CNU hyung will be back in a while, so don’t worry. Bye hyung!”, Gongchan waved his goodbye.

 Snapping back to reality, Jinyoung bid his farewell too. He walked like a zombie back to his room. Feeling light headed, he crashed unto his bed. After a while, CNU arrived but he didn’t bother to greet him. He just stayed motionless on his bed.

 CNU return and the first thing he saw was Jinyoung on his bed. Aigoo, something must be wrong again. Is he feeling guilty for screaming at Haengeun?, he thought.

 *sigh* “Jinyoung-ah, I’m home. I’m sorry for skipping class, something very important just happen. Did we have any quiz? Homework?”, CNU asked. Jinyoung remained motionless. CNU couldn’t take it anymore, so shook Jinyoung until he fell on the floor.

 “Ouch! HYUNG! What’s the big idea?”, Jinyoung asked irritated.

 CNU just smiled and walked towards the bathroom to clean up. That’s for making Haengeun sad and for making her like you, he thought with a smirk.

 “Mwo? After disturbing me, he went straight to the bathroom. Aisht!”, Jinyoung whinned and crawled back to his bed.

 After waving goodbye to his hyung, Gongchan merrily skipped to his room. He was able to breathe again. He exhaled and went to his room. He cleaned up and sat on his bed.

 “Okay, Gong Chanshik. You have wasted a lot of time, you need to make your move. But how can I make a move on her if she’s like this? I mean, she’s sad. Aniyo, she’s miserable. I can see through her smiles. Does Jinyoung hyung mean that much to her?”, Gongchan said to himself. Slowly his eyes begun to become watery.

 *sigh* I think I know what to do now. I must make her happy then I’ll make my move. To make her happy, I know what I must do.”, he continued. He didn’t dare finish that sentence, for he knew that saying it out loud will hurt him even more. How he wanted to make this a whole lot easier, how he just want to say ‘Haengeun, I love you. Will you be mine?’, how he wanted to be her oppa.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Now everybody knows. How will this affect Haengeun's life now? Will she have the courage to admit to Jinyoung everything? And Gongchan? Will he ever make a move? Will he ever tell the girl of his dreams his feelings? What about CNU? Baro? Sandeul? Jinyoung?? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 First of all, I'm so so so so so so so sorry! I've been busy and lazy for the entire week, last week. Anyway, I'm so so trying my best to update. By the wway, are you still reading this? Are you mad at me?? Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! Please continue to read and love my fic. Oh, I'm so sorry. By the way, please do comment.

 ThanKYU <3