Chapter 30

Fate or random luck?

 -ONE DAY-

  To: Haengeun-ah

    Good morning! Our sem break is almost over, so just like I promised I’m going to spend the remaining days bothering you. I’ll be there at noon. See you!

-cutest maknae,

Channie ^^

 Upon reading Gongchan’s message, Haengeun hurried cleaning the house. She wanted their house to look presentable. They planned that Gongchan would spend the last week with her. She couldn’t say no to him. Noon came faster than she thought. Good thing, she was finished cooking and taking a bath.

 *DING DONG*

 The doorbell of the Kim residence rang. A happy and anxious Gongchan was waiting outside. He couldn’t wait to see Haengeun, how he missed her so.

 “What’s taking her so long?”, Gongchan said impatiently.

 Just then a smiling Haengeun appeared. She was wearing denim short and a white sleeveless shirt. There was a hairpin on her hair which by the way grew in length a little. Gongchan’s heart froze from the sight of her. She’s really pretty, he thought.

 “Oppa!”

 Hearing Haengeun voice, Gongchan snapped back to reality.

 “Oppa! Bogo shipeo!”, Haengeun exclaimed while engulfing Gongchan into a hug.

 “I missed you too. Did you gain weight?”, Gongchan replied.

 “Ya! Chanshik oppa!”, Haengeun said hitting Gongchan.

 “I’m just kidding. Aren’t you going to let me in?”

 “Ah, right.”, Haengeun said helping Gongchan with his luggage.

 Once insde, Gongchan couldn’t help but be amazed. There were a lot of pictures on the wall. Most had the Kim twins on it. Haengeun took him to her dongsaeng’s room.

 “Chanshik oppa, this is Kyuneun’s room. You’ll stay here okay? Set your things if you want, then if you’re done go down stairs and let’s eat. Bae gopa.”, Haengeun instructed.

 Gongchan was left alone at Kyuneun’s room. He can see how different and similar the twins were to each other. The Kyuneun that he knew was nowhere near the real Kyuneun. There were soccer trophies, basketball medals and other athelic awards.

 “So, he’s sporty. He should see how his noona is portaying him. She doesn’t have any PE class.”, Gongchan chuckled.

 He then begun to place his things. He doesn’t need to unpack that much because he won’t stay that long anyway. Before he left the room, he noticed a photograph on the side table. It was just like any photographs he saw earlier. It showed a smiling Haengeun and Kyuneun, they were hugging and ut seemed that it was taken a long long time ago.

 “Kyopta.” *grumble* “Bae gopa. I better go down fast”, he mumbled to himself.

 Once Gongchan got to the kitchen and settled himself, both he and Haengeun ate lunch. They shared stories about how they spent their vacation. Both enjoyed hearing each other's stories. Then Haengeun showed Gongchan around her neighborhood. For the following days, she showed him her favorite places from her childhood and mostly every sentimental place she could think of. They never went back to Haengeun's house not exhausted.

 One afternoon after dragging Gongchan somewhere, Haengeun decided to go to a familiar park/playground. Just like very afternoon, there were a lot of kids playing there. Not knowing exactly why they were there, Gongchan just followed Haengeun around. To him, it looked like she knew her way around the place. Seeing an empty swing set, Haengeun sat on one swing while Gongchan sat on the opposite side. No one spoke for a moment as if something would happen if either one speaks.

 "Want some ice cream?", Haengeun said breaking the silence.

 "Sure.", Gongchan replied.

 With that, Haengeun left and walked towards the ice cream truck across the park/playground.

 Gongchan remained silent and cautiously watched Haengeun's action. He had never seen her act like that before. It was scaring him. There must be something wrong, he thought. It seemed like Haengeun was possessed.

 Holding two ice cream cones on her hands, Haengeun return to where Gongchan was.

 "Which one do you like, Gongchan oppa? Vanilla or Chocoberry?", Haengeun asked smiling.

 "Umm. Vanilla, please?", Gongchan replied.

 Haengeun gave Gongchan the vanilla flavored ice cream. Again, silence was present between them. The laughter and screams of the children that were playing were heard all over the park/playground. While his ice cream cone, Gongchan couldn't stay still. What happened, Haengeun-ah? Gwenchana? Tell oppa what's wrong, he thought to himself.

 As if hearing Gongchan's thoughts, Haengeun begun to speak.

 "This place is very special to me, actually to me and Kyuneun.", she begun just like the way she introduced the other places they went to.

 "When we were younger most kids don't  want to play with us. They always thought that we were weird or something, just because we looked alike. Whenever Eomma brought us here, we just played on our own, not caring about other people.", she continued looking far away.

 Gongchan listened to every word that Haengeun said. He knew that she was telling him something very private. He could feel the pain from every word. A hug, he thought. He wanted to give her a hug but he remained still for he knew she has more to say.

 "Kyuneun and I never told anyone about how the other kids treated us. Eomma thought that we were having fun, so she brought us here every time she could. Then one day, as Kyuneun and I were playing together a ball hit me.", Haengeun said smiling all of a sudden.

  "A boy rushed to my side and apologized for what happened. Kyuneun ran towards me and begun to cry and call Eomma. I wasn't hurt really. so I calmed him down. Then all of a sudden that boy wanted to be our friend. We were shocked, it was the first time that someone wanted to befriend us. We were hesitant but we accepted him. Since then the three of us played and had fun.", she continued, a tear falling from her eye. She immediately wiped it off.

 "This boy that you're talking about, it's him. Right? The one we're searching for?", Gongchan said staring at Haengeun.

 Hearing those words for Gongchan, Haengeun could only nod.

 Figures, Gongchan thought. "If you don't mind me asking, Haengeun-ah. If you were such good friends, why then did you forget the way he looks and his name?", he asked. As soon as he finished saying that, Haengeun's face changed and he regretted asking.

 Haengeun felt a stung in heart right. She didn't mean to forget, it just sort of happen. She tried to smile and speak again.

 "I didn't mean to forget him. Believe me, he is one of the least person I want to forget. I think I forgot him because I was so young back then, Kyuneun doesn't even remember him too.", Haengeun confessed.

 "Mian", Gongchan said reaching for Haengeun's hand. Once he got a hold of her, Haengeun just smiled.

 "Your ice cream is melting."

 Not hearing what Gongchan said, Haengeun continued to stare at the space in front of her. Memories were floating back. She could almost hear their childish screams and laughter. Her heart hurts.

 "The last time we were here, the three of us I mean was when Oppa told us he was leaving.", Haengeun said smiling at nowhere. 

 "I think he was crying when told us that. Kyuneun ran away, right? Right, he did. I didn't cry though. I'm strong. Strong. . . ", she said almost in a whisper.

 "I wish I cried, maybe he wouldn't leave. Maybe he would have convinced his Eomma and Appa to stay. I wanted to cry, you know? I wanted to, I really did. But. But. . .", she couldn't speak no more. Her voice got stuck and tears were falling already.

 Gongchan dropped the rest of his ice cream and rushed to Haengeun. He engulfed her into a tight hug and caressed her hair. He felt her pain and wanted to take it away. For the rest of the afternoon, only the whimpers of Haengeun were heard. Gongchan decided to take her home. They went home in silence. He told Heangeun to take a rest first and he would handle everything.

 "Haengeun-ah, I can't take it anymore. I'll find your Oppa, I promise! I'll try harder to remember where I found that necklace of yours before. I know it will hurt me when you leave but it hurts me more seeing you like that.", Gongchan said to himself while alone at Haengeun's house.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 Haengeun finally told Gongchan everything about her Oppa. It hurts when she remembers but it was okay. Gongchan now knows how much this Oppa of hers means to her. He's more willing to do everything now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 This is all I could come up for now. How is it?? I have an idea on what the next chapter is about. I hope you'll like it though. Be patient with me, okay?

 thanKYU <3