Chapter 58

Fate or random luck?

 

 Both Haengeun and Gongchan walked around the place, chatting about stuff. They would occasionally laugh at the children playing around. Again Gongchan commented how it was too cold to play in the water, Haengeun just laughed at him. She knew that he wasn’t a fan of the cold weather. As they were jumping from tile to tile, someone tugged on Haengeun’s skirt. She stopped from jumping and took a look on who was doing the tugging. It was young boy and he looked like he was about to cry. She faced the little boy and squatted to his eye level.

 “Annyeong, gwenchana?”, Haengeun said in a soft voice.

 Gongchan was on the other side, went back when he noticed Haengeun wasn’t following his lead. Noticing the boy, he squatted as well.

 “N-n-noona”, the boy cried.

 “Ne? What’s wrong? Tell noona what’s wrong.”, Haengeun said.

 “Noona, I can’t find eomma.”, the boy cried once more. This time, tears fell from his eyes.

 “Omo omo, uljima.”, Gongchan panicked, which caused Haengeun to laugh a little.

 “Oppa, let me handle this.”, Haengeun said to Gongchan.

 “You can’t find eomma? Let noona and hyung help you find her, how’s that sound?”, Haengeun said to the little boy, wiping some of his tears.

 The little boy nodded and smiled a little.

 “Okay then. What’s wrong your name?”, Haengeun asked, picking the little boy up and carrying him.

 “I’m Yang Heechan”

 “Heechan-ah, I’m Haengeun noona and this is”, Haengeun said, pointing to Gongchan.

 “I’m Gongchan hyung.”, Gongchan said.

 “You are both channies, kyopta.”, Haengeun squealed. Gongchan and Heechan looked at each other and smiled.

 “Okay, Heechan-ah. Where was the last place you saw eomma?”

 Heechan pointed somewhere and the three of them went there. Both Haengeun and Gongchan were looking for Heechan’s eomma. They walked everywhere Heechan pointed to. While they were searching, some people were whispering about them which made them blush. There some who said things like ‘Omo, what a cute couple.’; ‘Is that their baby? Aren’t they a little young?’; ‘Kids nowadays. How sad.’; ‘She’s one lucky girl’; ‘What a fine girl that guy has’. Hearing those made the atmosphere between them a little awkward.

 “Eomma!”, Heechan shouted, breaking the awkwardness.

 “Heechan-ah!”, a lady shouted. Seeing that the lady was coming towards them, Haengeun let Heechan down. The lady then hugged the little boy and faced her and Gongchan.

 “Kamshamida, jeongmal kamshamida. I thought I lost him. Thank you so much for finding him.”, Heechan’s eomma said, hugging his son.

 “Aniyo, it’s okay. Actually he found us.”, Gongchan said.

 “Jinja? I hope my son here didn’t give you much trouble.”

 “Aniya, it was fun being with little Heechan. He reminded me of my dongsaeng.”, Haengeun said.

 “Well anyway, thank you so much. I don’t know how to repay you.”

 “It’s okay, you don’t have to.”, Gongchan said with an eye smile.

 “Heechan-ah, we have to go. Say goodbye to your noona and hyung.”, Heechan’s eomma said, letting Heechan down. Heechan then went towards Haengeun and Gongchan. Haengeun and Gongchan squatted to be face to face to the little boy.

 “Haengeun noona, Gongchan hyung. Kamashamida. See you next time.”, Heechan said, giving Haengeun and Gongchan each a kiss on the cheek.

 “Annyeong, Heechan. Don’t wonder off next time, arrasso?”, Haengeun reminded him.

 “See you next time, Heechan.”, Gongchan said, waving goodbye.

 When Heechan and his eomma were out of sight, Gongchan and Haengeun were left alone. Gongchan glanced at the time and made him panic a little. Omo! My time is almost up! We didn’t even have time to play. Helping Heechan took more time than I thought. Eottoke?, he thought. He was going crazy. He only had a few minutes left. All his plans for a perfect confession were gone. With the time remaining, he can’t possibly do anything flashy to wow Haengeun.

 While Gongchan was slowly going crazy, Haengeun was too busy thinking of her new friend. Heechan is so cute. How I wish Kyuneun remained like that. That would be daebak!, she thought. She laughed silently as she imagined her twin brother being a kid again. Suddenly, someone grabbed her hand which interrupted her thoughts.

 I don’t know what I’m going to do but here it goes, Gongchan thought. He exhaled and silently counts 1 to 3. Feeling a little composed, he grabbed Haengeun’s hand. Without arguments from Haengeun, he then led her to the heart of the place, in front of the big fountain. He closed his eyes for a second and exhaled once more. Here goes nothing. Good luck, he wished himself.

 “Haengeun-ah, I know that since this morning you’ve been hearing the same things. I don’t want to sound like a copy cat but I’m going to say it anyway. I hope you hear and understand every word that I’m going to say. Ready?”, Gongchan asked, looking straight at Haengeun with a serious tone.

 “I don’t understand but sure. I’ll try my best to hear and understand, Chanshik oppa.”, Haengeun said with an unsure tone.

 *EXHALE* “Okay. Kim Haengeun, from the moment you came into my life I knew that something was bound to happen. Do you remember the first time we met? It was during the day before our first day last semester and you just got out of the bathroom. I swear I thought I was at the wrong room because it wasn't a boy who I saw. I was so sure that it was a girl who was standing in front of the bathroom door. You even slammed the door at my face.”, Gongchan chuckled as he remembered.

 “Ne, I remember. Mianhe, I was just surprised. I never thought that my roommate was arriving on that same day. Mr. Park said it was vacant room.”, Haengeun said laughing a little.

 “And do you remember the day I learned about your secret? You cried a lot, right? You thought I was really going to tell Mr. Park that a girl was cosplaying as a guy.”, Gongchan laughed.

 “YA! I’m so scared to death. You went out the room, remember? I swear I thought I was done for. Chanshik oppa, thank you again for not telling.”, Haengeun said.

 “I’m glad that you trusted me with that secret of yours because of that, we became closer than ever. Knowing that you’re actually a girl gave my feelings a chance to bloom. It made me see that I could like you without thinking that I turned gay. Haengeun-shi, every moment we are together I feel like I’m on heaven. Your smiles make my heart leap for joy, your tears and pain makes my heart bleed. I feel hurt whenever you’re hurt.”

 Haengeun was silent. She couldn’t find the right words to say. Her heart was beating fast yet her mind was blank. She couldn’t understand what was happening.

 “Haengeun, I love you. I don’t love you as a friend, as a best friend, as a roommate, as a classmate or as a dongsaeng. I love you as a girl. I know you love me as well but I just hope you’ll realize that you love me as more than a friend, more than an oppa.”, Gongchan said, with the most sincere voice he could do.

 Lost, Haengeun was lost once again. Her mind was spinning. She tried her best to understand everything that Gongchan said but she just can’t. What is really happening? Eottoke?, she asked herself.

 I’m done. I’ve finally told her everything. I just hope she realizes that I’m the one who she truly loves not hyung, Gongchan thought. He was staring at Haengeun and waiting for her reply, until he realized that she was in no condition to say anything. She was completely caught off guard.

 “You don’t have to say anything for now. I just want you to know how I feel and I hope you’ll understand yours. When you do understand everything, I’ll be here waiting.”, Gongchan added.

 Haengeun couldn’t speak. Nothing was making sense to her.

 “Are you going to continue to stare at me like that? I’m going to melt if you do.”, Gongchan joked. And with that the playful Gongchan was back.

 “Haengeun? Earth to Kim Haengeun? Omo, did aliens take your brain?”, Gongchan said, knocking on Haengeun’s head.

 “YA! GONG CHANSHIK! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?!”, Haengeun snapped. Gongchan raised his hands in surrender and laughed.

 “I’m glad you’re back. Okay then, my time’s up. We have to split up. Here, be careful on your way. Don’t be so clumsy. I’m not there to protect you or pick you up, arrasso?”, Gongchan reminded Haengeun and handed over another envelope.

 “Mwo? I have to go somewhere again. Oppa.”, Haengeun whined.

 Gongchan engulfed a whining Haengeun into a tight hug. Please, please realize your feelings, he prayed. Haengeun hugged him back which caused him to smile.

 “Pali, realize your feelings. And. I. LOVE. YOU.”, Gongchan whispered.

 Releasing Haengeun from the hug, Gongchan gave her one last smile and waved goodbye.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Gongchan finally confessed his feelings. He felt happy that at least now, Haengeun knew that he truly cares and loves her. Haengeun was lost once more but this time, without understanding her hear was beating fast. Could this be a sign? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 So this concludes Gongchan and Haengeun's date. Did I write it well? Or it's okay?? I sort of wish that you guys like it. My story is almost done and I don't know how I'm going to end it. I hope you guys will stay with me until the end. 

 ThanKYU <3