Chapter 57

Fate or random luck?

 

 The afternoon breeze sent chills to a young man’s spine. Winter was by the corner and he decided to stay at place where water was everywhere. He was there as early as 8 am, waiting patiently just like CNU, Baro and Sandeul. Due to the chilly weather, he sneezed.

 “Achhooo. Aisht! Why did I pick this place in the first place?”, he asked himself, wiping his nose. *BEEP* His phone chirped.

            To: Channie

                        I’m done and she’s on her way. Good luck!

                                                                   -Sandeul

 After reading his hyung’s message, Gongchan kept his phone. 3 down, that means it only me and him. I hope I can convince her that she likes me way way more than hyung, he thought. He stood up and brushed his pants. Watching the little kids play in the cool water made him cold.

 “How could they play there? It’s like 3 degrees.”, Gongchan said, in exaggeration.

 While waiting for Haengeun to arrive, he decided to walk around first. He had been sitting there for hours, waiting. Now that it was his turn, he was feeling excited. There were a lot of things that were going through his head. Suddenly, an idea popped into his mind.

 “Oh, I should buy something for her.”, he said.

 Gongchan then searched for something to give Haengeun upon her arrival. An ice cream shop then caught his attention. Ice cream?, he thought and a smile appeared on his face. Once he bought the ice cream, he suddenly felt a little stupid.

 “Pabo! What if she arrived late? The ice cream will melt for sure.”, Gongchan reprimanded himself. Fortunately, luck was on his side because when he turned his direction, there she was. Haengeun just arrived at their meeting place. Eottoke? She’s here, how should I meet her? Eottoke?, Gongchan asked himself.

 Suddenly Gongchan was feeling nervous, he didn’t feel it until he saw Haengeun. Unsure of what to do next, he decided to follow her from a distance. Where is she going? Does she know that it’s me she’s meeting up with?, he asked himself. After a few stalker-like moments, he noticed that Haengeun took a seat. He couldn’t see Haengeun’s face, so he wasn’t sure on what she was doing. He then decided to go to her and see her beautiful face that he loves so much. Slowly creeping from Haengeun’s behind, he was about to give her a surprise when he noticed that her eyes were closed.

 “She’s napping?”, Gongchan whispered, smiling. He can’t take his eyes off of Haengeun. His heartbeat was fast and his throat had gone dry. Involuntary he was moving closer and closer to her sleeping face, only a few centimeters away until their lips touch. Gong Chanshik! What are you doing?!, a voice in his head yelled causing him to realize what was happening. He clutched his chest, trying to calm his heart down. What was I trying to do? I just can’t do that. Andwae, he thought hitting his head slightly.

 “Tired already? Here, so you’ll feel energized.”, Gongchan said after composing himself. He then offered the ice cream that he bought a while ago.

 Haengeun woke up right after Gongchan spoke and a confused look appeared right away. Unsure why a stranger was giving her ice cream, she decided to take a good look of the face of this stranger.

 “Oppa?”, Haengeun asked, unsure.

 “Ne, who else? Aren’t you going to accept this ice cream? My hands are aching.”, Gongchan said, giving a fake tired look.

 Haengeun pouted and grabbed the ice cream from Gongchan which caused him to laugh.

 “May I sit?”

 Haengeun nodded with a spoonful of ice cream on her hand. No one spoke for a while. Gongchan just stared at Haengeun while eating. Occasionally she would face him and raise her eye brow, asking what’s wrong but Gongchan just shakes his head.

 How will I start this? I don’t want to make this awkward. I mean, if this messes up everything would be ruined. I need to make this as smooth as possible, Gongchan thought.

 Is there something on my face? Chanshik oppa keeps on looking at me. Omo, am I eating like a pig again? Do I have some ice cream on my face?, Haengeun asked herself, feeling more and more self conscious.

 Gongchan then noticed the change of Haengeun’s actions and facial expression. She’s conscious now, huh?, he asked himself. He took one more look at her and chuckled. Haengeun faced him when she heard him chuckle.

 “You have a little”, Gongchan said, wiping Haengeun’s lips with his thumb.

 “Ah, komawo.”, Haengeun said, blushing a little.

 Gongchan his thumb and spoke.

 “Mmmm, chocolate. Do like it?”, Gongchan asked.

 “Ne”, Haengeun said, looking down.

 “Good then. Are you feeling tired?”, Gongchan asked in a concerned tone.

 “Aniyo. You’re ice cream gave me energy.”, Haengeun said, flashing Gongchan her famous smile.

 Does she have to smile like that, right now?, Gongchan asked. His heart dropped when he saw Haengeun’s smile. “O-o-okay then.”, he stuttered.

 *cough* “Let’s walk. My legs are falling asleep with all these sitting.”, Gongchan said, standing up.

 “But, we just sat.”, Haengeun whined. Gongchan extended his hand which of course, left her no choice but to stand up as well.

 “Come on, come on. Stop your pouting, you’re going to be ugly. You don’t want that, right?”, Gongchan joked.

 “Aisht, you sound like Kyuneun.”, Haengeun snorted. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

 So it was Gongchan who woke Haengeun's nap. Even though it was cold, he still gave her an ice cream. He just knows how to make her happy. Their date had just begun. What could happen next?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  @randumfreak yeah you are so right! hahaha XD is it that obvious??

 Annyeong everyone! Sorry I have to cut Gongchan and Haengeun's date. I wrote this chapter a little too long, so I split it into two. Anyway, I'm going to post the next half today also. Keep reading ^^

 ThanKYU <3