Chapter 65 Jinyoung's Ending

Fate or random luck?

 

 Afternoon classes were over and B1A4 together with Kyuneun was spending their free time at their usual spot. Laughter filled their place. Baro and Sandeul were picking on their maknaes while CNU tried his best to stop his dongsaengs. That was their typical routine. Usually Jinyoung would join Baro and Sandeul on picking on their maknaes but that day, he wasn’t feeling alright.

 “Jinyoung-ah, if you keep on staring at Haengeun-ah she’ll melt.”, CNU whispered to Jinyoung.

 Jinyoung can’t help staring at Haengeun, there was something bothering him. He was staring at a person who had the same brown hair, same brown eyes, same fair complexion but something was wrong. His thoughts were disturbed by CNU’s voice.

 “Mwo?”, Jinyoung asked CNU. CNU just smiled at him.

 “YA! SANDEUL! DON’T HOG ALL THE FOOD!”, Baro yelled at Sandeul who was busy munching on a bag of chips.

 “Sunwoo hyung is right, Junghwan hyung. I want some too.”, Kyuneun said, tugging Sandeul’s polo.

 Before Sandeul could say anything else, CNU snatched the bag of chips from his grasp. With CNU’s sudden action, Baro, Sandeul and Kyuneun soon were trying their best to grab the bag from CNU. Jinyoung kept on staring at his friends who were fighting over a bag of chips. If he was himself that day, he would join them. 

 To everyone’s surprise, Kyuneun won and got the chips for himself.

 “Ahji, come on. Don’t eat it all, give me some.”, Baro said.

 “Baby, don’t be like that. Share it with me.”, Sandeul begged.

 *merong* “I don’t want to.”, Kyuneun said, eating the chips in front of Baro and Sandeul. He was laughing.

 “Want some?”, he offered Jinyoung.

 Jinyoung just looked at Kyuneun who extended the bag of chips to him. He was analyzing the boy in front of him. Those eyes. That face. No way, could it be?, he asked himself. He stood up which surprised the others.

 “Dongsaeng!”, he shouted at Kyuneun.

 Again, the others were surprised. They had never heard Jinyoung call Haengeun ‘dongsaeng’ before. Kyuneun smiled at Jinyoung. Finally, he noticed. About time, he thought.

 “Hyung!”, Kyuneun said back.

 “Where is? How come? Why are?”, Jinyoung asked, not making sense. Kyuneun just smiled at him.

 “Jinyoung-ah, you are not making sense.”, CNU said.

 “No, this. This is not making sense. How did this?!”, Jinyoung said, irritated. He was irritated that Haengeun pulled something like that. When I see that girl, oh see is so!, he mentally cursed.

 “Hyung, calm down.”, Kyuneun said.

 “NO! THIS HAS TO END!”, Jinyoung shouted and walked away. How dare she do that!? I knew that something was wrong, he thought.

 “Jinyoung-ah!”, CNU called.

 “Hyung! Where are you going!?”, Sandeul asked.

 “What was that about?”, Baro asked, confused with his hyung’s actions.

 “Molla.”, Kyuneun answered with a smirk. I guess, he really loves my sister. He discovered her plan. Good luck, noona! I hope he’s the one you’re waiting for, he thought.

 Jinyoung was frustrated and worried at the same time. He still can’t believe that Haengeun did something like that. I should have seen this coming. She wasn’t herself when I left her, I shouldn’t have left her! I should have stayed!, he mentally cursed. His legs suddenly had a mind of its own, they begun to drag him to the bus stop.

 He obviously knew where to find Haengeun. Once he got off the bus, he ran towards a place. A place he knew by heart. Once he got there, he begun to scan the place. She has to be here. I don’t know where else to go, he thought. There a couple of people around the park/playground but none had the face that he was looking for.

 Jinyoung then begun to panic. He looked from left to right but there was no sign of her.

 “Where are you?”, he whispered, clenching his fists. He was about to leave when something caught his eye. Someone was sitting on the swing set. Someone with the same brown hair that he loves. His heart begun to do summersaults and he smiled. No one could make his heart this excited except her.

 Jinyoung rushed to the swing set and immediately wrapped his arms around the person sitting there. He felt relieved that he wasn’t just imagining things. She was really there.

 “I’ve found you.”, he said to her.

 Haengeun was surprised when someone suddenly hugged her from behind. She was about to scream when she noticed the familiar scent that person has. No way, he couldn’t be him, she thought. She was about to speak when he heard the familiar voice that made her heart leap for joy. It is him, she thought. She stood up and decided to see for herself, if she was right.

 “Jinyoung oppa, what are you doing here?”, she asked.

 Jinyoung let out a small laugh, which confused Haengeun.

 “Pabo! I’m here because of you. Did you really think I won’t discover your plan?”

 “I-I-I-I”, Haengeun mumbled. Jinyoung just smiled at Haengeun’s reaction. He then threw his arms around her once more. He couldn’t stop himself.

 “How could you do that to me? I got so worried. I shouldn’t have left you alone.”, he said to her.

 Haengeun broke the hug and was blushing.

 “I’m sorry, Jinyoung oppa. It’s just that, I don’t know what to do during those times.”, she confessed.

 Jinyoung took her face in both of his hands and stared at those deep brown eyes, that adores so much. Without any warning, he pressed his lips against hers. Haengeun was shocked but soon gave in. She had been waiting for this moment to come. Their lips moved with rhythm and synchronization. Both knew that they were perfect for each other. Fireworks were felt with every moment. It was such an amazing first kiss.

 Breaking free from the kiss, Jinyoung smiled. He had never felt like that before.

 “I love you”, he said, looking straight into Haengeun’s eyes.

 A little shocked, Haengeun’s fingers touched her lips. The lips that shared a kiss with Jinyoung. His lips were so soft. I can’t believe this, she thought. Her heart stopped beating when she heard him say ‘I love you’.  

 Nothing was heard between Haengeun and Jinyoung. With every passing second, Jinyoung was slowly losing it. Why isn’t she saying anything? Omo, did I scare her? Is it because of the kiss? But I swear, she kissed me back which means she loves me back, right? Right? What if she loves Channie more? Omo, eottoke!? Eottoke!? Jung Jinyoung! Calm down! Hajima….I don’t know! I’m freaking out!, he thought. He was too busy with his thoughts that he didn’t hear Haengeun’s words correctly. Wait, did what did she say? Did she say she loves me?, he asked himself.

 “Mwo? What did you say?”, Jinyoung asked Haengeun.

 “See? You are getting old, oppa. You didn’t even hear me. Tsk tsk. I should call you ‘uhleushin’ or ‘halbae’ instead of ‘oppa’.”, Haengeun teased.

 “MWO!? I’m not old. Pali, tell me what you just said. Pali!”

 “Arrasso, arrasso.”, Haengeun chuckled. “I said, I love you too.”, she said, blushing.

 Jinyoung just stood there, wide-eyed and still.

 “Ya. Oppa? Did you not here me? I said, I---“

 Before Haengeun could finish her sentence, Jinyoung pressed his lips on her. Another kiss had happen but it was different from the first one.

 “You love me?”, Jinyoung asked, out of breathe.

 “Ne, I love you.”, Haengeun said.

 Jinyoung hugged Haengeun one more time. Releasing her from the hug, he faced her and reached something inside his pocket.

 “I think this belongs to you.”, he said, placing a very familiar necklace with a snowflake pendant around Haengeun’s neck. Haengeun smiled and traced the snowflake with her finger.

 “Perfect”, Jinyoung said, facing her. He then took her hands and started to walk. Both of them walked around the park/playground, hand-in-hand.

 “Do you want to know why I didn’t cry on that day?”, Haengeun asked out of nowhere. Jinyoung was confused at first, but he soon understood what she was talking about. He nodded.

 “I didn’t cry because I wanted to send you off with a smile. I wanted you to remember me with a smiling face instead of a tear filled one. But I guess you got the wrong idea, huh? I may be smiling on the outside but my heart was tearing apart. Oppa, I never wanted you to go. I wanted you to stay with me, us.”

 Jinyoung smiled at Haengeun. He felt every ounce of truth from her words. So she did feel sad. I knew it, he thought.

 “Am I lucky or what?”, Haengeun asked, while heading back to their house.

 “Mmm?”

 “What I mean is that, aren’t I lucky to be hit by your ball before? Then after all those years, without me knowing I already found you. I’m lucky, right?”

 “Ani, you are not lucky. I think its fate that led us to each other, not luck. Fate wanted my ball to hit you and fate wanted us to find each other.”, Jinyoung said.

 “Whatever you say, halbae.”, Haengeun said, removing her hands from Jinyoung’s grasp and walking ahead. When she was a few meters away, she faced him and stuck out her tongue. *merong*

 “MWO!?”, Jinyoung was taken off guard. Aisht, this girl, he thought. He ran towards her and caught her by the waist. When face-to-face, only a few centimeters apart both were prepared for a kiss until Haengeun felt something on her cheek. She looked up which startled Jinyoung.

 “Look oppa, snow”, she said. Jinyoung looked up as well, and saw that she was right.

 “What a perfect way to end this wonderful day”, Jinyoung said. He took her face with both of his hands and kissed her.

 “I love you”, he said.

 “I love you too, Jinyoung oppa.”, Haengeun said, hugging him tight.