Chapter 48

Fate or random luck?

 

 Everyone’s confession made the atmosphere around B1A4 a little stiff. Hearing each of their answers triggered something within them. For a long time that they were friends, something like this never happened. They never liked the same girl, what’s worse was that it wasn’t mere fondness or crush that they were feeling. It was already love.

 No one dared to speak. They were afraid that if they said the wrong thing, their whole friendship would be over. All those years of being there for each other would disappear. The secrets they shared, the packs that they made would all be wasted.

 Seconds turned to minutes, yet no one was still speaking. The silence with some tension was killing them. Someone must break this awful silence, they all begged. They kept on avoiding each other’s eye contact. It was then that Gongchan had enough. I stared this, so I must end this. I think, he thought. Unsure on what to do, he coughed which caught his hyungs attention.

 “Well ummm.”, Gongchan begun to speak. Don’t be a wimp now! You asked for this, now fix this! Gongchan!, a voice scream in his head. He exhaled and tried to speak again.

 “Thank you all for being honest with me. I know that each of our answers’ startled all of us. Now that we know how all of us feel, well. Errr.”

 “Channie, I know what you’re feeling. We never liked the girl before, right?”, CNU asked.

 “Ummm. Ne? I think so.”, Sandeul said, a little unsure.

 “Aniyo. Don’t you remember in 4th grade? Heeran?”, Baro asked Sandeul.

 “Heeran? Ah, right! Wait, you liked her?”, Sandeul shocked.

 “You really are a pabo, huh? We had a fight because of her.”, Baro explained.

 “Ah, I remember that! Heeran was her name? You guys created a scene before. It was embarrassing because we were at a mall when suddenly Sandeul yelled at Baro.”, Jinyoung chuckled.

 “Ne. I wanted to run away from guys back then. All of the people were staring at us.”, Gongchan said.

 “I had to pour water on both of you just so you two can stop.”, CNU said.

 “AH! Now I remember. That’s when we had an agreement to never like the same girl, right Baro?”, Sandeul asked.

 Baro nodded placing his arm on Sandeul.

 “But I guess we didn’t anticipate that something like this would happen?”, CNU asked.

 “Kim Haengeun just appeared at our lives. Now we don’t know what to do.”, Sandeul said, looking at his friends.

 Again silence became present. After that conversation, they couldn’t think of what to say next. Kim Haengeun made them like this.

 “Guys, you know that each of you are very important to me right?”, Jinyoung asked in a serious tone.

 “Hyung, of course we do.”, Baro said.

 “You can’t live without us.”, Sandeul smirked.

 “Where are you going with this question, JInyoung-ah?”, CNU asked curious on what Jinyoung has in mind.

 “We all know that we all like the same girl but the question is, who does Kim Haengeun like?”

 Jinyoung hyung is right. I’ve been living with her for quite some time now but she had never said anything about her liking someone. Although she had never said it directly, I have a gut feeling that she likes hyung. Maybe I can still convince her to like me, Gongchan thought. Thinking of that possibility, he had the will to smile once more. He has hope.

 “Hyung, you are right. Why don’t we ask Haengeun who she likes? And whoever she picks, I won’t get mad. I’ll treat him the way as I did. I’ll respect their relationship, although it will hurt me. Her happiness is my happiness. But when that person she chooses suddenly hurts her, I will forget that he is my hyung.”, Gongchan said with conviction.

 “I agree with Channie. Let Haengeun choose, that would be fair.”, CNU said.

 “I too agree. To whoever she will pick, take care of her. She mustn’t shed a tear or else.”, Baro warned.

 “As much as I want her for myself, I can’t force her to like me if she doesn’t. So it’s going to be her choice. But how will she choose? We just can’t tell her that we all like her then she has to choose. That would be just stupid.”, Sandeul said.

 “Arra, so I’m thinking that we should do this”, Jinyoung whispered to the others his plan. All of them seemed to agree with his plan. There were no sign of objections from the others. They contributed some of their ideas to make that plan a success and it should not backfire. Together they conspired a plan to resolve that matter.

 “Alright. Now that we have planned this, all we have to do is prepare.”, Jinyoung said.

 “And wait for her return.”, CNU added.

 “May the best man win.”, Baro said.

 “No cheating. Fight fair.”, Sandeul reminded them.

 “Yes. No foul play. Follow the rules. Make her happy. Let her choose.”, Gongchan said.

 With that they separated ways. Gongchan walked alone towards his room. He kept on thinking of ways how he’ll win Haengeun’s heart. I still have a few days to think of a perfect plan. I must win. I must have her. No one deserves her more than I do. I’ve been with her through her ups and downs. I just can’t lose her. I love her too much, he thought. Losing Haengeun wasn’t an option for him.

 Baro and Sandeul walked in silence. Both were too busy thinking. It was like Heeran all over again but this time, they were serious. Haengeun was too deep in their hearts. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Now that they knew how each feels for Haengeun, they made a plan. Will this backfire again? Or will this be a successful one?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Annyeong! How is this chapter? It's a little, I don't know. I can't seem to make this more exciting but I still hope you guys like it. 

 Comments are always welcome.

 ThanKYU to all the readers out there. Keep reading ^^