Chapter 32

Fate or random luck?

 

 Earlier that same morning three boys decided to travel to Gongchan’s house. Just like every other year B1A4 would spend the last weekend of their break at someone’s house. This year it was at Gongchan’s. CNU, Sandeul and Baro traveled to their maknae’s house.

 “CNU hyung, how come Jinyoung hyung won’t come with us?”, Sandeul asked while walking towards Gongchan’s house.

 “Jinyoung-ah said that his noona wanted to spend the weekends with them. You do remember that Jiyoung noona is married now right? She doesn’t see them much.”, CNU answered.

 

 “Right. Too bad hyung won’t be with us. It won’t be the same without him.”, Baro said.

 

 "Ne, it won't be as much though. But maybe we could invite Kyuneun-ah. I miss him so much.", Sandeul said.

 "Ummm, now that you mention it. Why don't be invite him? I think Channie knows where he lives.", CNU said.

 Upon reaching the Gong residence, the three boys rang the doorbell. Seeing their faces they were welcomed at once. 

 "Hello Mrs. Gong, is Channie around?", CNU asked.

 "I'm sorry boys but Chanshik isn't here. He went to a friend's house last Monday. I thought you guys were with him.", Mrs. Gong said a little weary.

 "Bwo? A friend's house? Which friend?", Baro asked in confusion.

 "I'm not sure though. If you want you can go to him, he left the address of where he's staying."

 "Oh, kamshamida.", Sandeul said taking a piece of paper and bowed. They bid their goodbye to Mrs. Gong and went on their way. 

 After a long journey to somewhere. None of them knew where exactly they were. The place was unfamiliar to them. They got lost a couple of times which was caused by the endless bickering of Baro and Sandeul. CNU tried his best to stay calm and not punch his dongsaengs. Soon they arrived where they were suppose to go.

 "We're finally here. Shall we see who is Channie with?", CNU asked.

 Sandeul and Baro nodded. They saw the doorbell and rang it. For a couple moments, no one was answering. Being mischievous Baro pressed the doorbell again, when no one answered Sandeul pressed it too. Just then the door opened and a familiar face appeared. Shock was written all over their faces. Before any of them could speak, the door was slammed in front of them.

 "D-d-did you guys saw what I just saw?", Baro stuttered.

 No one spoke at first. They were trying to absorb what they just saw.

 "Was that?", Sandeul asked. 

 The three of them looked at each other and nodded.

 Behind the closed door, Gongchan was still trying to shake Haengeun up. He was getting more worried by the second. 

 "Haengeun-ah! Haengeun-ah! What's wrong?", Gongchan said in a distressed tone.

 "O-o-o-ppa. . . .", Haengeun's voice cracked. 

 "Hmm? What happened?"

 "Oppa! Look who's outside! Look!", Haengeun shouted.

 Gongchan motioned towards to the windows and knew why Haengeun was like that. He rushed back to a pale Haengeun.

 "Did they see? Eottoke?!", Gongchan said.

 Haengeun nodded. She exhaled and spoke.

 "I have no choice Chanshik oppa. They saw me already, there's no point in hiding it."

 "Are you sure about that? I mean, you could still change.", Gongchan said.

 "Ne, I'm sure. *sigh* Here it goes. Wish me luck!", Haengeun said trying to sound strong.

 "Good luck.", Gongchan said unsure if he should let Haengeun go through with that.

 Haengeun exhaled again and held the doorknob. Her heart was beating so fast. Am I really going through with this?, she asked herself. She nodded.

 "Fighting!", Haengeun whispered. 

 She turned the doorknob and braced herself for the next events.

 The door opened again. CNU, Baro and Sandeul froze again. This time they were finally sure that what they saw wasn't just a fragment of their imagination. 

 "Annyeonghasayo.", Haengeun spoke and smiled.

 Silence was their reply to her greeting. 

 "I can explain. Really."

 "Kyuneun-ah?", Sandeul whispered.

 "Ne and ani. I'll explain everything inside, Chanshik oppa is inside.", Haengeun said. 

 A little unsure CNU, Baro and Sandeul followed Haengeun inside. They were led to the living room where Gongchan was sitting. Their eyes met and sat next to him. No one spoke at first, until Baro screamed.

 "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! What the heck is this!? Channie!? Kyuneun-ah?"

 "Hyung. . ", Gongchan started but Haengeun raised her hand to stop him. She looked at him and smiled.

 "Annyeong, I'm Kim Haengeun.", Haengeun said.

 "If you're Haengeun-ah then why do you have the same hair style as Kyuneun-ah? Is he here?", CNU asked.

 "Ani, Kyuneun-ah isn't here. You never saw him, you never knew him.", Haengeun said looking straight at them.

 "Bwo? What do you mean?", Sandeul asked starching his head, he was getting more and more confused.

 *EXHALE* "You knew never him because he isn't here. He's not in Korea. The truth is I am the Kim Kyuneun that you guys are with for the entire first semester. I'm the one who planned Chanshik oppa's birthday, the one you guys threw a surprise party for, the one you laughed with, the one you teased, the one you befriend.", Haengeun explained.

 No one spoke again. Haengeun decided to continue.

 "Do you want me to prove it you?", she asked. Not waiting for their response, she went to her room and got something. She went back to the living room and showed the four boys what she got. 

 Seeing their birthday presents to Kyuneun CNU, Baro and Sandeul remained speechless. That's the manga I gave Kyuneun last August. Why does she have it? Could it be?, CNU thought, his breathing uneven. Ahji? Are you really?, Baro thought staring at the girl in front of him. My bunny ears. What the?, Sandeul cursed.

 "Hyungs let me explain.", Gongchan broke the silence. All pairs of eyes were on him. But before he could say something, CNU cut him off.

 "Why aren't you shocked like us? Unless, you knew this all along."

 "Mwo!? You knew this!?", Sandeul shouted.

 "Ne.", Gongchan sheepishly said.

 "For how long?", Baro asked.

 "Hyungs, do you remember the second day of classes? The one when I ditched you guys because I said I was going to do something important."

 His hyungs nodded.

 "That night."

 "MWO!?", CNU, Baro and Sandeul all at the same time.

 "Hyungs, mianhe.", Haengeun interuppted. 

 "A-a-ani. It's not. Wait up!", Baro said.

 "Hm?"

 "Let me get this straight. You are Kyuneun, our Ahji? There is really a Kyuneun but he isn't here. You are the one going to our school. Right?", Baro said.

 "Ne. That's right. I'm the Kyuneun you know and love.", Haengeun said flashing her famous smiles.

 Seeing that smile, Sandeul couldn't stop himself. He then hugged Haengeun which startled everyone,

 "Kyun-I mean Haengeun-ah, its good that you're a girl. It's okay.", Sandeul said hugging Haengeun.

 "Cheongmal? You're not mad?", Haengeun said, tears filling her eyes.

 Sandeul shook his head and released Haengeun. 

 "I'm not mad too, Haengeun-ah. Even if you lied to us, I know you have a reason.", CNU said.

 "You are a girl! It makes everything better!", Baro said with glee.

 Hearing those words, Haengeun couldn't stop her tears anymore. She was happy that her hyungs aren't mad at her. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 So it was CNU, Baro and Sandeul all along. Haengeun told them her secret, they accepted her. Now what? What's next?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 It's almost midnight. I took a long time to finish this. I hope its good enough. I couldn't think of anything anymore. I'll try again tomorrow. Need to refresh my mind. Thank you for reading.