Chapter 67 Sandeul's Ending

Fate or random luck?

 

 Afternoon classes were over and B1A4 together with Kyuneun were spending their free time at their usual spot. Laughter filled the place. Baro and Jinyoung were picking on their maknaes and CNU was trying his best to stop his dongsaengs. That was their typical routine. Usually Sandeul would be the one picking on their maknaes instead of Jinyoung but he wasn’t just feeling well today.

 Sandeul just wasn’t alright. A hug, he thought. A hug from Kyuneun always cheered him up. “Baby~” He sang, attacking Kyuneun with a hug. Sadly, Kyuneun escaped before he could touch him.

 “Mianhe, Junghwan Oppa. I thought I saw a spider on the my leg” Kyuneun lied. That was close. I can’t let him hug me, he thought.

 Sandeul pouted and sat somewhere far from his friends. He remained there, quiet and pouting.

 “What’s wrong with him?” Jinyoung asked his dongsaengs.

 “I think he’s just sad that we don’t have food now.” Baro joked.

 “Or that Kyuneun-ah never lets him hug.” CNU chuckled.

 “Mwo? It’s not that.” Kyuneun sheepishly said.

 While his friends were talking about him, Sandeul continued to sulk at the corner. Baby is being mean to me. I’m sad and she doesn’t want to hug me. It’s no fair!, he thought. He shot Kyuneun a glare from where he was seated.

 Ever since they returned to school, he felt something off about Haengeun. Every time he tried to hug her, he always dodged her saying things like ‘Oh there was a bug’ or ‘I tripped’. Then whenever he was closed to her, he instantly felt that she was stiff and on alert. He tried the surprise attack, but it failed. He also tried to use aegyo, usually it would work on her but it also failed. What’s wrong with Baby? Doesn’t she like my hugs anymore?, he asked himself, mopping some more.

 “Aisht!” Sandeul mouthed and stood up. He saw that his friends were eating, so he grabbed the food from Gongchan. “YA!” Gongchan shouted. Instead of talking, Sandeul just stuck out his tongue at him. *merong*

 “What’s wrong with Sandeul hyung?” Gongchan asked. The others just shook their heads. Sandeul angrily ate the chips, still glaring at Kyuneun. How could she still laugh when I’m mad at her? I’m sad. Wae?!, he asked. He kept on glaring, no. He stopped glaring when he noticed something different about the person he was looking that. He dropped the chips on the floor which caused everyone to look at him. Andwae. I think I’m wrong. She won’t do that, right?, he asked.

 Unconsciously, he walked towards and Kyuneun and looked at him. “Waeyo, hyung? Is something wrong?” Kyuneun asked, moving away from him. Sandeul continued to stare at him. He opened his mouth but nothing came out. He then moved away and calmed himself.

 “For how long? You’re in it?” Sandeul asked. The others were dumbfounded by his question. They don’t understand.

 “What are you talking about Sandeul?” Baro asked.

 “So? Aren’t you going to answer?” Sandeul asked again, he sounded a little harsher than before. No one spoke, still surprised with the sudden attitude change of their bubbly friend. Except Kyuneun, he tried his best not smile. Finally, someone noticed. About time, he thought.

 “Hyung, calm down” Kyuneun said, trying his best to make Sandeul calm down.

 “ANDWAE! I’m wasting my time here!” Sandeul shouted, turning away from his friends.

 “Sandeul! Where are you going!?” Jinyoung asked.

 “YA! LEE SANDEUL!?” Baro shouted.

 “What’s that about?” CNU asked Kyuneun.

 “Molla” Kyuneun answered with a smirk. I guess, he really loves my sister. He discovered her plan. Good luck, noona! I hope he’s the one you’re waiting for, he thought.

 Sandeul was mad, mad himself and Haengeun. He was mad at himself for not noticing the signs. That’s why I couldn’t hug him! He knew that if I did, I’ll know his little secret, he smacked himself. He was also mad at Haengeun. He couldn’t understand why she did that. Everything was fine when he last saw her. So why?, he asked himself.

 Still angry, he started to look for her. Although he was clueless on where she was, he tried to be in her shoes. Knowing her, he thought that maybe she was out somewhere eating. “Hongdae” He said to himself. Hurriedly, he hailed a cab and told the driver to take him to Hongdae and step on it. The moment the cab stopped, he jumped outside and started to look.

 He ran like crazy. Searching for her at every possible place he could think of. He was getting tired but he pushed himself more. *grumble* He heard his stomach roar in hunger. Unwillingly, his legs brought him to the nearest food stall and ordered something. After eating for awhile, he felt energized.

 “She’s not in Hongdae then she has to be there!” He exclaimed. He hurriedly hailed a cab again, this time shouted to the driver saying that he has to hurry. Once he reached the park/playground, his heartbeat begun to race. He doesn’t know much about this place. He walked almost everywhere. Just when he was about to give up he heard someone that made his heart go crazy. He followed that sweet voice, that’s where he found her.

 “Umm, I’ll have chocoberry please? 2 scoops.” Haengeun said to the ice cream vendor. He gave her, her order and she paid him. When she turned around, she almost dropped her ice cream. What is he doing here?, she asked. She tried to speak but she couldn’t.

 Sandeul walked behind her and waited to her to turn around. Once she did, she looked like she had seen a ghost. He smirked at her cute reaction. He then the ice cream on her hands. “Mmmm, chocoberry. Your favorite.” He said, grabbing the ice cream from her.

 “YA! That’s mine! Lee Junghwan!” Haengeun shouted, regaining herself. Sandeul then begun to walk faster and she followed. Finally catching up, she grabbed his arm. He turned around which made their faces centimeters apart. Both of them blushed and move away from each other. There was a moment of awkward silence between them.

 “Here, I’m sorry for taking from you” Sandeul said, handing over Haengeun’s ice cream. A little unsure, she accepted the ice cream and stared at him.

 “Why are you here?” She asked.

 “Silly girl, I’m here because of the girl I like ran away from us, me. She thought that she could hide from us but she didn’t realize that one of her oppa is really smart. So he figured her little plan.” He said, placing his finger on her nose. She smiled at her silly oppa.

 “Smart? Since when?” She joked which caused Sandeul to pout. Just then, he threw his hands around her, anticipating whether she will dodge his hug. She didn’t move away, just the way I like it. He thought, a smile spreading on his face. He tightened his embrace and he felt her arms around him too.

 “You dropped your ice cream” Sandeul said, breaking the hug. Haengeun looked at the ice cream on the floor and smiled. “Nah, it’s okay. You have your saliva on it anyway, can’t eat it.” She joked.

 “Mwo? Are saying that my saliva is gross?!” He asked, raising a brow on her. She couldn’t contain her laughter anymore. Instead of answering, she just laughed. Sandeul then had a mischievous idea. He then moved closer to her and pressed his lips on her, stopping her laughter. Haengeun was taken off guard with his action but soon gave in. She kissed him back, allowing all of their emotions flow through the movement of their lips. Both were breathless after that magnificent kiss.

 “I love you” She said, blushing like crazy.

 Sandeul was staring at Haengeun. Did she just saw that she loves me?, he asked himself. He then held out a laugh causing her to look at him confusing like. “You love me?” He asked after laughing so hard. She nodded and gave me another kiss. He was taken back but he soon recovered.

 “Yes, I love you. I love you, Junghwan oppa.” She said, breaking the kiss.

 “I love you too” He said, placing his hands on hers. She smiled at him.

 “Why don’t we buy another ice cream?” He suggested. Both of them walked towards the ice cream truck and ordered. Sandeul bought a huge ice cream cone that the two of them would share. Haengeun was against the idea just because she knew that Sandeul was a little gluttonous but seeing how happy he was, she just shut . Both of them on the ice cream, soon it was gone.

 Walking hand-in-hand, Sandeul can’t stop smiling. His thoughts were full of him and Haengeun. “Could this be fate?” He asked all of a sudden. Haengeun gave him a confused look. “Mwo?” She asked.

 “I mean, look at us. We are like soul mates. Both of us like to eat and sing. Come on, I heard you sing and you’re great. Did I tell you that we like to eat?” He said, smiling like a little kid.

 “So you’re saying that we’re soul mates because both of us like to eat?” She asked, chuckling. Sandeul nodded enthusiastically. She just laughed at how silly her oppa was. She then removed her hands from his grasp and walked ahead of him.

 “Whatever you say” She said, turning around and sticking her tongue out. *merong*

 “Aisht!” Sandeul said, running towards her and grabbing her by the waist. He hugged her once more because he just missed hugging her.

 “I love you” He whispered, still hugging him.

 “I love you too, Junghwan oppa.” She said, facing him.