Chapter 10

Fate or random luck?

 The moment Chanshik opened the door of his room, Haengeun was busy looking at her reflection on the mirror. She can't believe she cut her but to her surprise she liked it. Seeing her reflection reminds her of her dongsaeng. 

 "Oh, hyung. You're back. How was you afternoon? Sorry I couldn't come.", Haengeun said with a casual tone. 

 There was no response to her greeting, instead she heard the slamming of the door shut. Honestly, it scared her but she kept calm.

 Chanshik was going crazy. Seeing his roommate after what he witnessed isn't easy.

 "Okay! Enough! Tell me the truth!", he shouted at Kyuneun.

 "Bwo? What--are you t-t-talking about?", Kyuneun begun to stutter. 

 "The truth! Are you Haengeun or Kyuneun!? Tell me!", Chanshik insisted.

 "I followed you today, I didn't mean to. It's just that, I was curious. Okay? Then one minute I saw Kyuneun going to the restroom and then the next your twin sister came out. She then cut her hair off and went back to the same restroom. Then proof! Kyuneun was around again."

 Upon hearing those, Haengeun's plan crumbled down. Her mind begun to race. Omo! He found out. I won't won't see Oppa anymore. I won't. I have to go back to St. Mary's? ANDWAE!, she thought,

 "C-chanshik hyung, let me explain. Please?", Haengeun begged.

 Chanshik wavered on agreeing but he allowed his roommate to explain himself or herself. 

 "Komawo", Haengeun said. She exhaled before she begun.

 "First of all, I'm shocked that you followed me. I didn't think you were that kind of person."

 Chanshik felt embarrassed upon hearing that. Haengeun continued.

 "The truth is I'm Kim Haengeun. I really do have a dongsaeng which is Kyuneun. My family is really in abroad. I'm a transferee from St. Mary's Academy."

 "St. Mary's? Why did you go? It's an all girls school, right?", Chanshik asked.

 "I told you that I didn't fit in there because I'm not like those girls. I can't stand being with them. My parents allowed me to change schools because I made a deal with them. I know you're wondering why I chose WM Academy, an all boys school.", Haengeun said without smiling.

 It's true Chanshik still hasn't heard her reasons her going to WM. She could have gone to other schools, he shouldn't have met her. He wouldn't have doubted his gender. He could still have this room for himself.

 "Since I was young, I wanted to attend to this academy. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a tomboy. I made a promise with someone when I was younger and I'm here to fulfill it. I was planning to enter high school here but my appa told me it was impossible. That's when I learned that it is an all boys school. Now that I'm here, I changed my identity to find him. Please don't tell on me. Jebal?", Haengeun begged like crazy. She doesn't want to return to her awful school. She's now here, no one can take it away from her.

 Upon hearing Haengeun's story, Chanshik was torn. He doesn't know what to do. He knew that it's dangerous to keep this because if this little secret will be known, he will be expelled with her. I need time to think, he thought. Without saying another word, he went out of the room.

 To Haengeun's horror, Chanshik left. She doesn't know what to do or even what to feel. She just saw her chances of meeting her Oppa got washed by the waves. Tears soon filled her eyes. 

 "It's over", she squeaked.

 She then burst into tears. For a moment, she just cried and cried until she stood up and spoke. 

 "I guess I cut my hair for nothing, huh? I need to pack my things. I bet Chanshik hyung already told Mr. Park about me.", she said in between sobs.

 Haengeun was busy packing her things and crying at the same time when Chanshik returned. He was surprised when he saw his roommate crying while packing.

 "YA! What do you think you are doing?", he asked with one brow raised.

 Haengeun looked up with tear filled eyes.

 "I-I-I *sniif* I'm packing already. I know that Mr. Park will send me out anytime now. Forget you even met me. Goodbye, Gong Chanshik.", she said zipping her suitcase close. Wiping her tears, she motioned towards the door. She was about to turn the knob when Chanshik grabbed her hand.

 "Pabo! It's late already, where do you suppose you'll go? I didn't tell on you, I can't do it. I'm your friend, remember? I'll keep your secret as long as I can, arrasso? But before anything else, I have two propositions. Alright?", Chanshik said pushing Haengeun to her side of the room. Without any arguments, Haengeun nodded.

 "Okay. First of all, you have to promise that from now on, you will be totally honest with me. Friends tell each other the truth. Any violent reaction?", Chanshik asked. Haengeun said nothing, so he continued.

 "The second is you can't call me 'hyung' when we're alone. It feels so weird. Instead you have to call me 'oppa'.", he added.

 Finally Haengeun stopped crying and begun to smile. 

 "Arrasso, Chanshik hyung, I mean Chanshik oppa. Komawo!", Haengeun said and hugeed him. *grumble* Her stomach roared in hunger.

 "Ha-ha-ha. I knew you'll be hungry. Here I bought us food.", Chanshik said handing over a box of pizza. He was too hungry, so both are in silence. Stopping for a moment, Chanshik asked Haengeun again.

 "Haengeun-ah? You said that came here to look for someone, right? Maybe I can help, I practicaly know everyone here. So what's his name?", he asked with a mouthful of pizza.

 "I appreciate your help, oppa. It's just that I don't know his name. I can't even remember what he looks like.", Haengeun confessed.

 "Bwo?", Gongchan almost choked. *cough cough*

 "Then how will we find him?", he managed to say.

 "I remember giving him my snowflake necklace. If lucks on my side, maybe he still has it.", Haengeun said.

 "Oh, okay. So what does it look like? Your necklace, I mean."

 "Wait, I think I have a picture of me wearing it.", Haengeun said with a mouthful of pizza. She stood in front of her closer and begun to search. A few moments of searching, she finally found a photograph.

 "So I didn't forget to bring it. Here, oppa.", handing Gongchan the photograph. 

 The photograph showed a young smiling Haengeun in pigtails. Gongchan's eyes darted on the snowflake on the girl's neck.

 "Wait! This looks very familiar. It's like, I saw it already. I just can't remember when or where I saw.", he said, still thinking.

 "Jinja!? Then it means he's really here. We can finally meer. Omo! Oppa! You have to help find him, arrasso?!", Haengeun insisted.

  After eating and chatting a bit, both teenagers agreed to go to sleep. Gongchan became so exhausted from all that happened but he can't deny his joy. Finally he understood why his feelings were like that. His roommate was a girl, he wasn't gay and he likes her. He finally admitted it.

 "Goodnight, Haengeun-ah. Sweet dreams.", he whispered.

 "Goodnight to you too, oppa. Thank you for keeping my secret. Sleeptight!", Haengeun whispered back. Her eyes are tired but her mind won't stop thinking, it was too active. She kept on thinking of the different scenerios when she meets her oppa. She was thinking on what he looks like and if he'll help her. She was too happy to fall asleep. Soon, she found her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Chanshik accepted Haengeun's secret. How will this go on? Is Chanshik the one who would help her find her oppa?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Guys, sorry I updated just now. School was so busy. Unfortunately, next week will be a little busier. Its the week before our midterm exam. I just hope I can update regularly. But one thing is for sure, I can't be here for the week after next week. Anyway, thanks for the new subscribers and to my silent readers, keep reading. Okay? Thank you!