Chapter 60

Fate or random luck?

 

 Nostalgia was present as Jinyoung walked around a park/playground. When B1A4 decided that each of them will bring Haengeun to a special place, he immediately thought of this place. The truth was he totally doesn’t know where this place was located, so he asked Gongchan to tell. Fortunately, Gongchan told him.

 As Jinyoung was walking around, memories from his childhood begun to play in his mind. He then saw his younger self running around the place with two kids behind him. He heard little Haengeun’s laughter and her brother’s screams of frustration. Reminiscing the past made him happy. *BEEP* The sound of his phone interrupted his thoughts.

   To: Jinyoung hyung

              Hyung, Haengeun-ah is on her way. Don’t make her cry, ARRASSO!? Good luck.               

                                                                                    -cutest maknae

                                                                                     Channie ^^

 “She’s on her way”, Jinyoung said to himself.

 His heartbeat was faster than usual. He was suddenly feeling nervous and couldn’t feel his legs. He then dragged himself to the nearest bench and collapsed on it. All his coolness was gone. He couldn’t think straight. Closing his eyes for a while and mentally counting from 10 to 1, calmed him down. He kept his eyes closed for a while.

 The sounds of the chirping birds and the wind blowing through the trees were all that can be heard. No one was around except for Jinyoung. It’s so peaceful here although it’s a little chilly, he thought as he wrapped his arms around himself. Chirp, chirp, chirp, he sang in his head. Suddenly he heard the sound of car approaching the park/playground, he opened his eyes and stared at the sky.

 Jinyoung did his sound imitation of a car passing by when he noticed that someone was with him. He then looked around the place and indeed there was someone who just arrived. A smile appeared on his face when he realized who it was. She’s here and she looks so beautiful, he thought. He was about to call out Haengeun name when he noticed that she was going to the swing set.

 “Paradise”, Jinyoung heard Haengeun said when she was swinging back and forth. He didn’t realize what he was about to do until he felt his arms push Haengeun on the swing.

 “I see that you still like playing on the swing.”, Jinyoung said as he continued to push her. Then out of nowhere, he saw Haengeun jump off the swing. His heart dropped and his eyes widen as he saw her almost crashing to the ground. He ran towards her and caught her just before she hit the ground.

 “Annyeong”, Jinyoung said with an eye smile, when Haengeun faced him.

 Realizing it was Jinyoung, Haengeun quickly stood up and fixed herself. Omona! It’s Jinyoung oppa and I was on top of him. Eottoke!?, she thought. She was panicking and blushing at the same time. Never in her life had she experience something like that.

 “Ya, is that how you thank someone who saved you?”, Jinyoung asked, still laying on the ground.

 Hearing Jinyoung’s voice, Haengeun snapped out of her panicking state. “Omo, mianhe. Gwenchana? Are you hurt?”, she asked, extending her hand to Jinyoung.

 “I’m fine, I’m not hurt. You?”, Jinyoung asked, holding Haengeun’s hand and standing up.

 “I’m okay, oppa.”, Haengeun answered, noticing that Jinyoung hasn’t released her hand. Her heart was out of control again. Aisht! Why does this happen every time he is so close to me?, she asked.

 There were a few moments of silence between Haengeun and Jinyoung. No seemed to know what to do or say next. Both were nervous knowing that it was only the two them at the park/playground. Oh-kay, this is so awkward. Why isn’t he letting go of my hand? It’s not that I don’t want him to hold me, it’s just!, Haengeun screamed in her mind. She going crazy, her heart was about to explode and her breathing was not normal.

 Why isn’t she saying anything? Did I do something wrong?, Jinyoung asked himself. He then took a glance of Haengeun who was looking at something. He followed her gaze and that was the only time he realized that they were still holding hands. He slipped his hands off of hers and looked somewhere else. OMO! I was holding her hands this whole time!, he mentally slapped himself.

 “So”, Haengeun said, making Jinyoung look at her. Omo, why did I say that? I don’t know what I’m suppose to say next, she thought.

 Be a man, Jinyoung. Don’t waste your time!, a voice in Jinyoung’s head said. He exhaled and composed himself. I can do this. I can’t lose to Channie or anyone in particular. I must win her heart. Fighting!, he cheered himself.

 “Umm, Haengeun-ah”, Jinyoung said.

 “Ne?”, Haengeun asked, a little surprised.

 “Do remember when we first met? I believe it was right there, right?”, Jinyoung asked, pointing to the space between sandbox and the see-saw.

 Looking at where Jinyoung was pointing to, Haengeun smiled.

 “Of course, I do. I told you, I remember everything”

 “Except for my face and name”, Jinyoung said, cutting her off.

 “Ne, sorry about that. Anyway, you’re wrong oppa. We met there, not there.”, Haengeun said, pointing somewhere else.

 “Jinja? I swore, I remembered that we met there.”

 “I think you’re thinking of a different thing. That place”, Haengeun said, pointing to space sandbox and the see-saw. “was where you told Kyuneun and I that you were leaving.”, she continued.

 “Mwo? Jinja?”, Jinyoung asked, surprised. Haengeun just nodded and looked down. Noticing that Haengeun was looking down, Jinyoung spoke again.

 “Well, that doesn’t matter now. We found each other, right?”

 “RIGHT!”, Haengeun said, with her biggest smile.

 Jinyoung his heart was doing summersaults when he saw Haengeun smile. I’m so glad you found me, he thought. He stood up and stretched a little.

 “Let’s play, just like before.”, he suggested.

 “Umm, I don’t know oppa. I don’t think that’s a good idea. I mean, you become tired so easily and you tend to whine a lot.”, Haengeun teased.

 “MWO!? Are you saying that I’m old?”

 “Aniyo. It’s just that, yeah. Sometimes you act like you’re so old.”, Haengeun chuckled.

 “MWO!? Oh we’ll see who is old. Kaja! Let’s play!”, Jinyoung said, tugging Haengeun’s shoulders.

 Leaving Haengeun no choice, both of them started to play with each other. They played Hide and See, TAG, Hopscotch and anything they could think of. Soon they were all over the place, running and screaming like little kids. Not even bothering whether someone would see them. Both were in their own world, having fun.

 “Chaka, chakaman”, Jinyoung said, out of breath. Haengeun stopped, holding her chest. She had never liked running but running with Jinyoung was a different thing. Spotting a fountain nearby, Jinyoung went towards it.

 “Haengeun-shi, want a drink?”, Jinyoung yelled. Haengeun jogged towards the fountain and lowered her head to drink.

 “YA! YA! You’re drinking all the water, my turn.”, Jinyoung grabbed Haengeun’s waist and pulled her aside.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Now it's Jinyoung's turn. He picked the perfect place to be with Haengeun and they were having fun. Running around like little kids and being all over the place. Their date isn't over yet, what could happen next?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Annyeong! I also cut Jinyoung and Haengeun's date into two. I guess I made the chapter a little too long, just like Channie's. Anyway, I hope you guys will like it. I'll post the other half later.

 ThanKYU guys! <3