Chapter 44

Fate or random luck?

 

 Monday came and Haengeun was feeling energized. With the help of Gongchan, she sort of forgot her little scene last Saturday. Every second she shared with Gongchan was so special for her. Who knew that Gongchan was the only one that she needed to take her mind off of Jinyoung. Sure there were a couple of moments where Jinyoung just pops into her mind and she feels uneasy in an instant. That was inevitable.

 As the entire day went by, Gongchan was constantly on guard. Whenever they went out of the room and he suddenly noticed Jinyoung, he always turned Haengeun to the opposite direction. He knew that he was being unfair to Jinyoung but he can’t help it. He says that he was doing this for Haengeun but in reality, he was doing this for himself. He was afraid, afraid that if Jinyoung and Haengeun would make up, his nightmare would come true. He would no longer have a place in her heart. All the she would think about, talk about and hang out with is Jinyoung. He will be left out.

 When Monday morning came, Jinyoung was decided and full of spirit.

 “Okay. Today is the day, Jung Jinyoung! You have to make up with Haengeun-shi, then maybe things would be better. Fighting!”, Jinyoung cheered himself while looking at his reflection.

 CNU heard everything that his friend said and just rolled his eyes. So now he’s hopeful, he thinks that Haengeun really likes him. I hope she doesn’t, he thought to himself.

 “Ya, Jinyoung-ah are you going to talk to yourself all day or are we going to class?”, CNU sarcastically asked.

 “Class? Right, kaja.”, Jinyoung said rushing to the door.

 The morning passed by and it was lunch time already. He was feeling excited because finally he would see Haengeun again then he could apologize. He and CNU found Baro and Sandeul on their usual table. He sat down and he felt hard stares on him. He felt awkward and saw that it was Baro and Sandeul who were giving those stares.

 “Waeyo?”, he asked.

 Baro and Sandeul were still pissed at their hyung, seeing him smiling and laughing ticked them off. They visited Haengeun yesterday and glad that she was feeling much better. However, it still didn’t change the fact that Jinyoung caused her pain.

 “Nothing.”, Baro said.

 Baro kept his mouth shut, he doesn’t want to scream at his hyung. However Sandeul was different, he had gone berserk.

 “HYUNG! HOW COULD YOU!? HOW COULD YOU!?”, Sandeul shouted.

 “MWO? How could I what?”, Jinyoung asked, confused.

 “You made her cry, not just cry a little. She cried a lot. You know, she even passed out. Aisht! Hyung, apologize! You know how much you mean to her.”, Sandeul said.

 “Arra, mianhe. I know what I did was wrong. Since yesterday I wanted to apologize but Channie shooed me away. I haven’t seen her today, how about you guys?”, Jinyoung asked, he was hoping that they did saw her.

 “Aniyo, I haven’t seen Channie too. Maybe they’ll some by later. Let’s eat first now.”, Baro suggested.

 Lunch time was over and there was no sign of Haengeun or Gongchan. The rest of B1A4 was getting worried but they didn’t have enough time to search for their dongsaengs. After class, they decided to look for them. They walked back to their respective classrooms and resumed with their class.

 Dismissal came and the four boys met up.

 “Did any of you see them at their classroom?”, Jinyoung asked, hoping once more.

 Baro, CNU and Sandeul shook their heads at the same time. They split up into two teams, the hyungs and the dongsaengs. Their search begun, after an hour or so there was still no sign of their dongsaengs. They decided to take a break because they were exhausted.

 “Aisht! Where the heck are Haengeun and Channie?”, CNU asked.

 “Hyung, do you think they eloped?”, Baro asked.

 “Channie did say that he likes, no loves her. What he took her away?”, Baro continued.

 “Mwo? Andwae! Baro don’t say that! There is no way that she would go with him! SHIREO!!”, Sandeul screamed.

 Jinyoung’s eyes popped out with what Baro said. There’s no way she would do that. She likes me, right?, he thought to himself.

 “Pabo!”, Jinyoung said, hitting Baro on the head.

 “Pabo-yah!”, CNU said once more.

 “*ouch* There’s no need to hit me twice, hyungs. I don’t want that too. But where could they be?”, Baro asked.

 The four boys were silent for a moment. They put on their thinking caps, thinking of the possible places their dongsaengs would be. Little did they know that Gongchan and Haengeun were just inside their room. Gongchan convinced her to stay indoors, that way they wouldn’t have to cross paths with Jinyoung.

 Finally an obvious place popped into Baro, CNU, Jinyoung and Sandeul’s mind.

 “Their room!”, they all said at the same time.

 With that, they hurriedly ran to their dongsaeng’s room. Once in front of the door, they stopped for a while.

 “Chakama, chakama. We need to have a plan.”, Jinyoung suggested. The others nodded in response.

 “If Channie will see me, there’s a chance that he would just shoved me away just like before. What if you guys meet him first? Then explain to him everything. Once he understands everything, tell Haengeun to go to our usual place. I’ll be there waiting.”

 “You’re right, Jinyoung-ah. Okay, that plan will do. Just don’t mess this up, arrasso? Remember what I said before.”, CNU warned.

 “Hyung, don’t make her cry. If she sheds one tear, I swear I would forget that you are my hyung. Arrasso?”, Sandeul also warned.

 “We will be watching.”, Baro added.

 JInyoung took in everything that his friends said, bid his goodbye and went to their usual spot. There he would wait anxiously for Haengeun to come and see him. I hope this works. I hope he forgives me, he silently prayed.

 When Jinyoung was out of sight, the three boys exhaled and prayed that this would work.

 *KNOCK KNOCK*

 “Who is it?”, a voice behind the door asked.

 “Channie, it’s us. CNU, Baro and Sandeul.”, CNU answered. The door opened and revealed a smiling Gongchan.

 “Annyeong hyungs. Why are you here?”, Gongchan asked with a cheeky smile.

 “Is Baby in there?”, Sandeul asked right away.

 “Ne, waeyo?”, Gongchan asked.

 *EXHALE* “Channie, you can’t hide her forever. I know you’re protecting her but you are being unfair to Jinyoung-ah.”, CNU said.

 “CNU hyung is right. Sure, Jinyoung hyung left her but he has his reasons. He wants to apologize, don’t deprive that from him.”, Sandeul said.

 “Come on, Channie. You’re not cold hearted.”, Baro said.

 They all came here for Jinyoung hyungs behalf. *sigh* I guess they are right. Hyung is still my friend, so fine. I don’t have a choice, Gongchan thought. *sigh* “Arrasso, I don’t have a choice do I? Shall I call Kyuneun out?”, he asked in defeat.

 “Aniyo, call her. Tell her to come and meet you at our usual spot. Jinyoung-ah is there, waiting for her.”, CNU instructed.

 Gongchan was unsure about this whole thing, he can’t help but feel worried.

 “What if she cries again? What if hyung would hurt her again?”, Gongchan asked.

 “I’m also worried about those things, Channie. But we can’t let this continue. Do you want to waste all her efforts?”, Baro asked.

 “Hajima”

 “Don’t worry, we won’t be far from them. We’ll hide and eavesdrop on their whole conversation. If something goes wrong, we’ll go to them at once. I’ll punch Jinyoung hyung’s pretty face, you can kick him if you want. Then Baro can grab his shirt then CNU hyung would hit him too.”, Sandeul said with matching actions. The others can’t help but laugh.

 “Great plan, Sandeul hyung! Okay, I’ll call her.”, Gongchan said. He then dialed Haengeun’s phone number and told her exactly what CNU said. As soon he hung up the call, the four of them went to their usual spot and hid.

 Haengeun just stopped out of the bathroom. After classes, Gongchan hurriedly dragged her back to their room. He kept on saying that they should study for the incoming exams but the exams were a few weeks from now. She argued with him but it was no use. Gongchan still had his way. They studied for a couple of minutes until he groaned and whined. He said that he was already tired and wanted to play. So they did. She excused herself for a while and when she came back, Gongchan was nowhere to be found.

 “Aisht, where the heck did Chanshik oppa go?”, Haengeun said the empty room. Just then her phone rang, she went near bed and answered the call.

 “Yeobosayo?”, Haengeun said.

 “Haengeun-ah, mianhe. I went out for some fresh air, why don’t you join me?”, Gongchan asked.

 “YA! You left me again, I thought you won’t do that again!?”

 “Mianhe, cheongmal mianhe. Come on, I have food here. I brought some choco-berry ice cream that you adore.”

 He’s bribing me so I won’t be mad at him. Typical Gong Chanshik, Haengeun thought.

 “Jinja? If there isn’t any chocoberry ice cream there, you are so dead. Where are you?”

 “At our usual spot. Pali, you don’t want the ice cream to melt.”

 “Okay, I’m on my way. Bye!”

 Haengeun held out a sigh and grabbed her coat. It’s early November and the winter was on its way. She hurriedly went to usual spot, the thought of chocoberry ice cream was making her more excited. Finally, their spot was in sight and she saw someone sitting on the bench. A smile appeared on her face.

 “Chanshik oppa wasn’t kidding.”, she said to herself. She was about to shout Gongchan’s name, when the person sitting on the bench turned to her direction. The smile on her face disappeared and she felt weak. What is he doing here? I thought he’s mad at me. Why is he smiling? Did Chanshik oppa arranged all this? Wae?, she thought. She wanted to run away but her feet are glued to the ground.

 What’s taking them so long? Channie didn’t allow her to see me. Aniyo, he wouldn’t do that. Haengeun-ah, pali, Jinyoung thought. He was feeling more and more nervous with every passing second. He counted the seconds that turned into minutes. Where is she?, he asked himself once more. Just then, he heard footsteps that seemed to be approaching him. He turned around and there stood a surprised and stunned Haengeun.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Gongchan was selfish for keeping Haengeun to himself but he was doing this for her sake. But CNU and the others convinced him to give Jinyoung another chance. Now that Jinyoung and Haengeun are face to face, how will their encounter go? Will things become okay? Or will be =come worse than before?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Hey! It's Sunday today. I just dropped by to publish this. I won't be much aroung next week or next next week. You guys know why. 

 So anyway, how's this chapter? Better than the previous one? Tell me, okay?

 By the way, Jinyoung or Gongchan? Still hasn't decided.

 ThanKYU <3