After Story 1

LOVE NEXT TO YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After 6 months

 

 

Huffing out, I still persisted on following Baekhyun in the hallways even if other students were already giving me strange looks as I passed by them looking all distressed. I rarely come to his department, but because I’ve been hot on his tail since yesterday I could hear people accusing me of being another annoying fangirl. Yes, they think I’m his fangirl too. Well, blame it on his and his friend’s popularity. Who would have thought that they’d carry up to college the popularity status? None I’ve ever imagined. I thought before that those were just high school stuff immature students created in their heads. But then I guess I was wrong. College life is worse, honestly—fangirls are everywhere and they look up to these boys like they owe them their lives. Heck, maybe if they ask those girls to do something for them, they would follow like shameless chics.

 

“Baek.” I called him from behind, but he still ignored me.

 

Sighing in frustration, I quickened my pace and caught up to him. But upon seeing me through the corner of his eyes, he hurried away. His longer strides were to my disadvantage since I’m shorter and he’s a guy so he has all the stamina not to slow down. I’m not going to give up though. I’m still going to try convincing him. And I am not going to stop chasing after him even if he decides to cross the whole globe just to get away from me. Not until he gives in to me.

 

Yes, I'm that desperate for him right now.

 

Honestly, I wouldn't resort into stalking him if he just said 'yes' to me, but then he just flatly rejected me after telling him the truth yesterday. I needed him. Yet, he was so heartless to not even accept what I had asked of him. It was just simple. Very simple. So, why does he have to make it this hard for me?

 

"Baek." I called out again as I continued to lag behind him.

 

He didn't respond. He just continued walking as if he didn't hear me. I don't see it why he has to be avoiding me like this. I didn't even ask him a hard question. Why can't he just stop and listen to me?

 

My mind was already in a daze when we rounded by the corner and yet he still pretended not to notice me. I shook my head and sighed for the umpteenth time as I convinced myself not to waver. I need him. I need him.—I always tell myself that whenever I just sometimes feel like giving up, because I know I wouldn’t be able to find any other person to replace him if ever he won’t say ‘yes’ to me.

 

"Baek, please." I pleaded with a much louder and desperate tone since he wouldn't even turn to me when I asked him before.

 

At that, Baekhyun actually halted and sighed, his shoulders heaved up and slouched down as he did. Upon slowly turning to me, my eyes rounded in anticipation upon finally taking ahold of his full attention after so many tries. His face was scrunched up, but he didn’t look irritated when he finally looked me in the eyes.

 

“Baek, finally.” I grinned widely at him.

 

Baekhyun snorted upon hearing me speak and scratched his cheek as he displayed a really distressed expression. “Does it really have to be me?’

 

Nodding, I moved closer, clasped my hands together in a pleading manner, while reluctantly showing him an aegyo-filled face—that I honestly hate doing. For the sake of me and my whole being that I am only doing this. Oh gosh. Not doing this again ever. I swear.

 

His eyes widened in surprise upon seeing me act cutely in front of him, and a visible rosy discoloration painted his cheeks as he continued to stare at me. “B-but Chanyeol already a-asked me so—“

 

“Com’on Baek, it’s not like it’s forbidden for me to pick you too.” I huffed and pouted while furrowing my eyebrows to look more convincing to him.

 

“But you know… I can’t. I’m sorry.” He uttered before whipping around and walking away again. My face fell and my shoulder dropped even lower in dismay for the fifth time he had rejected me.

 

I followed him, still not ready to give up just yet. I thought of things to do just to get his sweetest ‘yes’ while lagging behind him but unfortunately I couldn’t think of anything new to do since I’ve done most of my tricks to lure him, yesterday.

 

“Baek, how about I’ll treat you to your favorite restaurant later? Just say ‘yes’ please?” I asked desperately.

 

“No, thanks.”

 

“What about I treat you right now in the cafeteria?”

 

“I have money, Nana.”

 

“Or what about a new video game? I’ll buy you three if you like!” I beamed.

 

I thought he was going to give in to that since I saw him briefly turn his head to me, but he still shook his head in disagreement. “Sehun has a lot of video games I could borrow.”

 

“Then what about I bake you cupcakes?” I tried again, my voice was slowly getting sulky the more he rejected me.

 

“No, thanks.”

 

“How about I cook something for you in your dorm one of these days?” I offered again, my hope cowering to a small flicker.

 

“Kyungsoo can do it for me. I’m sorry.”

 

“But—“

 

“Stop trying.” He pressed with a monotonous voice.

 

“Okay, how about I promise that this will be the last time I’m going to ask you of this? I promise I won’t have any more favors again…” He spun around as I drawled that one out, his eyes seeking confirmation from me whether I was saying the truth, “Well…j-just no favors for a month after this.” I dryly laughed.

 

He tousled his hair in utter irritation and furrowed his eyebrows at me. “Since you’re too stubborn, fine. Just keep your word.” He uttered out, and I clapped in glee.

 

He sighed and sauntered towards the cafeteria where we will be having lunch. I happily lagged behind him, my lips involuntarily curling up as I watch his fluffy hair bounce as he walks. Little than later, we reached our table and I sat next to Baekhyun. He propped both his elbows on the table top and clapped both his palms on the sides of his face dejectedly.

 

I nudged him and smiled. “Thanks Baek. You’re really the best.”

 

“I dare you to say that again.” Chanyeol who just sat on my other side uttered as he placed his tray of food on the table.

 

Not getting his point, I squinted my eyes at him but he only shook his head and grinned at me in amusement. A slamming of a tray across from me surprised me that I gasped. Looking at the culprit, my eyes rounded and I felt my cheeks flare in embarrassment upon seeing how irritated he was.

 

“He’s mad. Look.” Chanyeol taunted, but I just slapped his arm to make him stop.

 

“Told you so. That’s why I kept rejecting you.” Baekhyun pointed out as he snatches some chips from Kyungsoo who was eating across from him, “Your boyfriend’s going to just get jealous.” He uttered while munching on the chips.

 

“He’s not.” I hissed.

 

“Well, does this look not jealous to you?” Sehun uttered as he slings an arm around Jongin’s neck. The latter only shrugs his arm away harshly as he kept quietly eating.

 

“But I just asked Baek to do my demo for me.” I defended with a soft voice as I looked down.

 

“Ah, is that why you have been chasing Baek around?” Yixing asked as he sat next to Chanyeol with a tray of his own food.

 

I nodded meekly and smiled a little. “He kept telling me he won’t do it since he already agreed to do Chanyeol’s demo. But then, he’s just the perfect candidate for my composition so what can I do? I can’t simply pick another to sing it.” I uttered out as I heaved Baekhyun a glare.

 

“Well, you could have just asked Kyungsoo hyung or me.” Chen beamed as he sits next to Kyungsoo and fishes some chips on the latter’s pack.

 

“That’s what I was telling her.” Baekhyun says.

 

“No way.” I huffed out. “Plus, you already said yes.” I told him firmly but he only shrugs.

 

“Com’on Baek, just stop arguing with the princess. You said ‘yes’ to her anyway.” Chanyeol interrupted as he leans towards our side and pats Baekhyun’s back.

 

“Yes, let’s stop annoying the jealous prince.” Sehun beams as he ruffles Jongin’s hair.

 

“Really, stop bugging me Sehun.” Jongin complains as he puts down Sehun’s unstoppable hand.

 

But being the mischievous kid he is, Sehun slung his arm again around Jongin even if the latter already threatened him with a hiss. “But really, did you know why he got jealous?” He chirped out as he directed a look at me, his eyes dissolving to amused crescents.

 

Is he really? I asked myself as I shifted my eyes from Sehun to Jongin, but the latter didn’t even spare me a glance.

 

Sehun chuckled and glued the side of his face to Jongin’s. “He told me he was so annoyed since yesterday because you kept chasing after Baekhyun like—“

 

Jongin harshly clamped his free hand over Sehun’s talkative mouth and killed him with a glare. The latter nodded in understanding and it was the only time he was freed. Still, after that, Sehun whistled happily as he kept taunting Jongin like a brat.

 

Lunch passed by with Sehun torturing Jongin and the latter almost killing him as he continued joking over his jealousy. Parting ways for our next classes, we bid each other our goodbyes with hugs and waves. Jongin didn’t look all too happy. Maybe he was really jealous. But he didn’t show me even an ounce of irritation for chasing after Baekhyun just so he can do my demo song for me.

 

“Jongin?” I called him when he was about to go back to their department with Sehun, Hani and Maeri.

 

He turned around and looked expectantly at me. “I’ll wait for you later.” I beamed with a small smile.

 

“But your classes will finish 3 hours sooner than mine today, so why would you? Just go home. I hate it when you have to even wait for me.” He uttered out sternly.

 

Though he sounded harsh, I was touched because he still thinks of me while saying that. “Thanks for worrying on me, but I’m still going to insist on waiting.” I beamed.

 

He scrunched up his nose in distaste but I just smiled even wider. “Go now. You know you wouldn’t be able to change my mind, anyway.” I told him and chuckled.

 

“Fine.” He said, but before he could I tugged on his hand and pulled him for a hug. He stiffened for a while, but relaxed when he felt my arms were already around his waist.

 

“Sorry.” I told him.

 

He placed his long arms around me and planted an affectionate kiss on my shoulder. “You don’t have to be. I understand that you were just after Baekhyun because you needed him for that damn project.” He says, uttering his last words with spite as he tightens his hold around me as if he didn’t want to even let go of me.

 

Amused with his all too familiar mood, I just chuckled and nodded. “Cool. Well, I’m glad you’re not mad or anything. But honestly, you look so cute when you are jealous.”

 

“Oh, don’t mention it.” He answers exasperatedly.

 

“Hey, gooey couple, can you please stop hugging now? We’re about to get late now if you wouldn’t detached yourself with each other. I swear, my goosebumps are running high today because of you.” We heard Hani complain behind.

 

Jongin reluctantly pulled away and looked back at Hani, “You really know how to ruin the mood, you know?”

 

“Well, I’m just born for it.” Hani shrugs making Sehun & Maeri laugh.

 

“And you may hate me for doing this to your boyfriend, Nana, but I’m sorry. We’ve got only 5 minutes left.” Hani told me as he pulled Jongin by the back of his collar.

 

“Ya! You little—“

 

“Yes, people call me a . But I’m born one, so? Stop complaining Kim Kai. Just continue your gooey moments with her later,”

 

“Just because you don’t have a boyfriend doesn’t mean—“

 

“Tell that to the 15 boyfriends I have in my room.”

 

“Oh gosh, don’t talk about those posters you have of those damn idols you have in your room.”

 

The rest of us just started guffawing as we listened to the two bicker on their way back to their department. Jongin and Hani grew closer like that ever since we started going to college. Their relationship was rather the like-hate type since Hani was pretty sarcastic and physically taunting, while Jongin was the opposite—pretty direct, quiet, but his mood swings are just as unpredictable as the temperature, that he easily spikes up every time Hani taunts him. They naturally clash but it’s basically because they’re pretty competitive towards each other when it comes to mockery.

 

Going to a different class from Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Chen, the remaining three of us (Chanyeol, Yixing & I) trudged our way to our own, English Literature. It was a minor subject that Chanyeol really hates since he gets his tongue tied whenever Professor Song would usually pick on him after catching him sleeping almost all the time.

 

“Here she is.” Chanyeol hisses, as the old lady saunters towards the front, her specs hanging by the bridge of her nose as she eyes the students scornfully.

 

Nudging him, I told him to calm, but he still glared at the old lady. “Just stop sleeping in her class you idiot.”

 

“Well, can’t blame

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter