Chapter 32

LOVE NEXT TO YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin fixed the scarf around my neck that was identical to the one he was wearing as we were in front of the school, clearly giving the other students a sight to watch. Many murmurs here and there were heard but none of them had he paid any attention to, that I just did the same and smiled at the thought of how sweet my boyfriend is just like this.

 

"Do not remove your scarf not unless we're inside, okay?" He asked me, and I bobbed my head at him while smiling sheepishly.

 

We walked together hand in hand, passing by the gates, while happily talking about the things we did over the days when we're not spending the time together right after classes. Jongin told me about how he only practiced nonstop and that he missed me so much because we separated earlier yesterday since he needed to practice again for his upcoming dance performance.

 

"You're whining like a kid Jongin. It's not like you didn't send me messages more than 10 times yesterday!" I told him as I looked at him incredulously due to his continuous complaint.

 

"But don't you get it? Being there physically is so different than just being connected with you through texts." He scoffed as he crossed his arms and reluctantly looked away.

 

"Yeah right. Keep whining cute brat!" I pinched his cheek to annoy him even more, and skipped my way going to the boys whom I saw from the distance hanging out by the lockers.

 

They all stood up and gave me a hug when they saw me, but with Jongin stopping behind me, the hug was cut short with Kyungsoo and Baekhyun not being able to give me a hug. I just laughed when I saw how irritated my boyfriend looked. He was seriously a madly jealous idiot even to his friends at times, and I just couldn't stop feeling entertained all because of that.

 

"You seriously have the boyfriend disease, Kai." Sehun chuckled as he settled next to me, and leaned on the wall—effortlessly looking like a real model.

 

"Shut up Hun!" Jongin scoffed as he sat in front of Chanyeol, Chen & Baekhyun.

 

"I love you too, Kai!" Sehun teased before doing kissy sounds that made Jongin fake a gag, eventually making the rest stifle a laugh at the two's childish attempts to annoy each other.

 

"That's so gay!" Chanyeol mused as he patted Jongin's back and grins back at Sehun like an idiot.

 

Sehun only shook his head, and remained silent like me as we waited for the others to just zone us out. He briefly glanced at me and showed his upturned palm where I stealthily placed the stack of letters I had written for them beforehand. He slipped it inside his bag and just casually zipped it shut before wearing its straps back around his shoulders again like nothing even commenced.

 

"Thanks." I told him with a grateful smile plastered on my lips.

 

"Sure." He uttered out before tucking his hands inside his pockets and beaming me a breathtaking smile that so many of their fans could have died for. "But that's equal to two bubble tea the next time we see each other."

 

I giggled softly at his remark whilst putting some of my locks behind my ear, "Let's see if that would even happen." I muttered softly, intending for no one to hear it but myself.

 

"But why?" Sehun's sudden inquiry made me stare back at him with rounded eyes. He heard me, obviously.

 

"A-are you perhaps never planning to meet us again?" Oh shoot! Why do all people read me so easily now?!

 

"Well—"

 

"That's insane." He scoffed as he tore his eyes away from me.

 

"I'm sorry." I sullenly voiced out as I fiddled with the hem of my shirt and bit my lip hard in utter guilt, "I feel that it just needs to be that way."

 

Sehun bitterly hissed and crossed his arms over his chest as he released a frustrated huff. "But that's plain stupid and cruel. Don't you even think how each of us would feel?" He whisper scowled, in a voice only we could hear.

 

"I'm sorry."

 

"Stop saying sorry if you don't really mean it." He jeered as he closed his eyes and tried to compose himself.

 

He's right. Why do I even keep on apologizing when I don't mean it at all? How terrible of a person am I? How stupid can I get?

 

Sehun sighed, "But if that's what you want... I won't do anything to ruin your plans. Do it. But don't ever regret." He uttered out with finality before walking away, making the other boys look at him quizzically.

 

Classes started right after the bell rung. I attended a few classes after informing my adviser of my decision not to let her announce about my dropping out of school after begging her for so many times. Time flew by like it was slowing down, and I wandered around school aimlessly, not wanting to waste a moment to memorize every corner of the school that once housed me. Lunch drew into a start by the time I started getting my remaining possessions from my locker, and visited the principal's office to receive more instructions and some of the other documents necessary like my report card.

 

It was still break when I arranged my things and slung my backpack's straps on my shoulders. Deciding that I would get out of school while it's still early, earned me enough time to visit the rooftop again which I haven't travelled to ever since that fateful day I met Jongin there, heartbroken and cursed to meet his wrath. I let my eyes wander around, memorizing the calm it still brings me and reminiscing what happened here that made Jongin finally notice me, and that made me pay more attention to him. If I'm that Nana before, that girl who loathed him, I would probably visit this space with a heavy heart. But since I'm the Nana now, that loved Kim Jongin so much, all I could think is how lucky I am to have met him in the beginning in such circumstances. Because if I had come up here at that time, and he was not here, then could we have been given the chance to settle our difference and realize how we feel for each other?

 

Probably, if not for that fateful encounter, there wouldn't be an 'us' for Jongin and I. Maybe he's still the stupid I knew before, and perhaps I'm the average nerd who could have lived unnoticed until now. How small things changed our fate, I feel somehow fascinated at how it made my life change completely without me noticing. Meeting him, encountering his friends, getting bullied and isolated, feeling like I had enough of them, forgiving them, hanging out with the people I hated, and eventually falling in love with my worst enemy, has been the best ride of a lifetime for me.

 

There's no doubt, that at such a wrong time, I experienced the most wonderful life changing events and met the best persons that made life a tad bit better for me.

 

I may have done something to change them, but I could say that at most part, I was the one who most definitely experienced the greatest transformation. Because without them, I could not have been strong enough to last a day after getting bullied, if not for them then I wouldn't be able to fix my issues with my family, if not for them I couldn't have known how great it feels to have true friends, if not for them I couldn't have known the real meaning of happiness, I couldn't have smiled and laugh so often, and I couldn't have probably opened my heart to love someone wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter