Chapter 17

LOVE NEXT TO YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's as if I have woken up from such a very beautiful dream, the next morning. 

 

The sun was bright, invading my room from the tiny gap between the curtains on my window and filling it with warmth despite the breezy fall air circulating in the space that have been my haven for so many years. 

 

The distinct sweet scent that was filling my nose made a smile tug on my lips as I notice myself facing a rising and falling chest close to my face. The faint memory of myself being engulfed in Kai's embrace washed away all my worries for a moment. I don't even know how he ended up sleeping next to me on my bed but I am glad that he really stayed for me and did not leave. 

 

I trailed my eyes from his chest, slowly gazing to his neck in a desire to see his sleeping face but when I noticed him stir in his sleep, I stiffened when he snuggled closer to me, his one hand securely wrapping around my waist tighter and the other gently holding the back of my head as his arm served as my pillow. His chin rested on top of my head, making me sense his breathing's light touch in my locks. 

 

As much as I wanted to see his face, hearing his silent breaths made me already happy. It made me feel that something as beautiful and priceless as this, no matter how surreal it my seem, is real. He—Kai, made me want to dream of having days when I can one day wake up in the morning next to the person that I want to love. Snuggle with someone without holding back. Hug someone knowing that it will be returned. Opening my eyes to a bright morning with a more positive mind. And wanting to love someone wholeheartedly.

 

"Did you know that you'd been smiling like an idiot for a while now?" My smile got instantly wiped away and I felt my cheeks get hot the moment I heard his husky morning voice croak softly in my hair.

 

I instantly tried to pull away from him in utter bashfulness, but Kai only pulled me back to him. He hugged me tighter, his breath now touching the skin on my forehead. "Five more minutes please." I heard him utter with a tinge of irritation & reluctance in his voice.

 

"But—" I was about to protest to him, but after feeling his soft lips gently press on my forehead, my tongue got tied. My insides got filled with the ticklish butterflies that often invaded my stomach recently whenever Kai's around. My cheeks flushed, probably with an exaggerated amount of pink coloring my skin. My skin tingled at the contact and it's as if I suddenly forgot how to breathe as his lips lingered on my skin. It was soft, like those feathery touch he held me captive with, and made me turn to jelly. It was sweet yet delicately done, as if I was his fragile possession he handled with much care.

 

I almost melted under his touch, and the chaste kiss that lasted for a few seconds seemed like one that was imprinted like a tattoo on my skin. One that wouldn't easily get erased. One that would remain forever.

 

"Wash up." Kai uttered as he moved away from me and sat up. I felt a little disappointed that those sweet moments we shared ended in a flash. But it's not like I can even do anything to delay school, so I was forced to up to it.

 

I sat up reluctantly, trying to control the giddiness he made me feel as an aftermath of all the things he did to me. Those teensy bit of skinship that makes me want to smile and makes me want to hope that there's really 'something' special he has for me, as I am now aware of myself harboring those weird yet mirifical feelings for him. Those that I wanted to suppress. Those feelings that I need to let go of one day. 

 

"You love my touch that much, huh?" He mused seeing how devastated I was for a moment and then suddenly smiling a small smile for some time.

 

I cleared my throat and straightened my pajama to distract myself and try pretending that I was indifferent about his issue—when in fact, he's undoubtedly right. Ugh.

 

"Y-you were a terrible sleeper. What are you even saying? You snore like a bear and you sleep talk a lot!" I scoffed, though it was just a cover up to hide my embarrassment.

 

Kai scrunched his nose and folded his arms. "Mwo? But I don't remember myself being that kind of sleeper. You're just probably making up excuses to deny your true feelings. Gosh. Girls and your obvious alibis~" He uttered back with cockiness, waving his hand in front of me as if saying how measly was my excuse.

 

I messed my hair in frustration and stood up abruptly before shooting him a glare. "Ah! Molla! Think whatever you want to think, jerk! cause I'll be leaving this room to find peace." 

 

Ah. Really. He's a total mind reader. How can Kai always manage to catch on my own thoughts like that?

 

I heard him chuckle heartily as I stomped off going to the door to exit. "Yeah. Find peace in the bathroom. Sure... just don't do stinky business!" He mused in between chuckles, making me throw my bedroom slippers in his direction, but smart unfortunately dodged my attack and chuckled even worse.

 

"I hope not to see you in my room when I come back or else!... or else—argh!!!" I stormed off from my room kind of pissed because he found a way to annoy me once more. That guy just loves doing that! How can he be the same sweet and caring guy from 5 minutes ago? Gosh. I swear I don't understand his bipolar glitches anymore.

 

I took a while in the bathroom since I tried putting in more effort into prepping up myself all because of my perfectly swollen eyes that resulted from last night's events. It wasn't enough but I was glad that the concealer I used was able to hide a bit of the ugliness in my eyes and the bags under it. I went out after putting on my uniform and went back to my room only to feel much much more pissed towards Kai who apparently was still in my room using my phone to take his damn selcas.

 

"Yah! Give me my phone or else!!!" I dove on my bed and crawled my way to him in difficulty. Pulling on the hem of his black turtle neck, I tried snatching my phone from his hold but I only got pushed aside with his hand. Kai managed to get away from the bed but I was quick to stand up and attack him.

 

"Give that to me!" I tried reaching for it but the idiot extended his arm in the air, my phone still secured in his hand. Knowing that I was short with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter