Chapter 16

LOVE NEXT TO YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun appeared more of the playful guy, that wasn't anything like him in school, the moment he opened the door with force and searched for Tao with his fierce, yet impish gaze that seemingly showed amusement and bit back the urge to strangle the said boy. And when his eyes laid on the figure hiding behind Kai, who looked apparently clueless and annoyed, he rushed to them and tackled both, making the three of them fall back on the floor.

 

"Ah! Ah! Someone, help!!!" Tao screamed from under Kai while flailing his hands, and trying to squirm away.

 

"Yah! Sehun! You better get off us and stop this !" Kai growled as he tries to push Sehun away.

 

But being the determined one to punish Tao, said boy tickled Tao's sides making him a laughing mess as he continues to thrash under Kai—who kept struggling away. And before we knew it, the three idiots have been rolling on the floor.

 

"Holy cow! Let me join you three!" Fourth idiot, Chanyeol excitedly strutted towards the three and dove above them. Groans were heard, but their idiocy only doubled.

 

"Me too!" Chen beamed, tripling the mess the other boys started. He dove right over Chanyeol and their playful mess just reached the extreme—rolling around while tickling each other, if that's even imaginable.

 

"Yah! Kyungsoo' Baekhyun, aren't you gonna play with us?!" Tao, who was struggling under everyone managed to croak out but the remaining idiots just casually shook their heads.

 

"No way." Both chorused nonchalantly and laughed heartily.

 

Witnessing all of that happen in my own house, the urge to laugh didn't spare me. I chortled raucously at the embarrassing acts they were doing as it was the ugliest yet most entertaining stunts some idiots ever pulled off in front of me. I knew beforehand that they have that comical side, but I've never actually seen them fool around this much, so I found it refreshing... and funny.

 

The loud noises they were making though, slowly died down, making me notice how my laugh was slowly fading as it felt like I was last to be making a sound. A sound that even I found so alienating. Because, that was the first time I've laughed like that after 4 years.

 

"D-did you guys all see that?" Tao uttered out as he pointed at me, his expression a tad surprised. Heads focused at me, and nods of affirmation followed.

 

I lowered my head as it was the only way to hide my embarrassment. This is just nerve-wrecking! Did I look too stupid? Did I look so funny? Was it that a big deal that I laughed?

 

A hand suddenly found it's way on my head. "That was something new." I looked up, and was met with a smiling Kyungsoo. He looked too adorable that I felt my cheeks burn.

 

Someone from behind attacked me with a hug on my waist too tight, making me groan softly. "Y-you should try to smile and laugh more because it suits you well." It was Tao. He said it while resting his chin on my shoulder. Our proximity a tad too close for my own liking.

 

"Yah! Skinship maniac! Look how much you made Nana look so scared! Get lost!" I heard Chanyeol shout. Soon, Tao was kicked off away from me.

 

The boy stumbled on the floor helplessly, and he groaned in pain as his made contact with the wood underneath. He growled in frustration and soon another tickle fight erupted between Tao & Chanyeol on the floor.

 

I started laughing again the minute my eyes landed on the two towers. The people who once were one of my sworn enemies, are now in my house fooling around without minding that I am standing just in front of them.

 

"Yah! You two! I know how much you're both so fond of each other, but please don't make out in front of us! You're not even on your honeymoon for heaven's sake!" Kai scowled, making the two stop and turn their heads in our direction.

 

"It's not even us who did that! Sehun and Nana did!" The two chorused with accusing fingers pointed at me, making me flinch in surprise.

 

"Yah! Sehun and I—" I was interrupted by a hand that s around my waist, and a face that rested too close next to mine. A smug smile graced Sehun's lips as he hugged me from behind.

 

"Who says we did that?" His voice was calm and yet threatening.

 

Chanyeol & Tao stood up from the floor, their faces showing how terrified they were at the older male's way of messing with their minds. I was rather amused though with how comical their faces were, but all the good feeling were washed away by the dizzy feeling I got when I was pulled away from Sehun, spun around, and landed on something hard. A pair of arms wrapped around me, hands on my back. 

 

"You guys are all terrible! How can you terrorize this girl with your stupid quirks like that?!" The boy's voice vibrated over his chest, making me feel extremely flustered.

 

A chuckle escaped from behind, and a snarky comment was thrown by Tao, "and what about your exaggerated overprotectiveness Kai-ssi?"

 

Kai, who was still engulfing me in his embrace groaned softly as one of his hands left my back, probably to point a finger towards Tao to make a smart comeback. "I-I was asked by her family to take care of her, so you all better stand a five meter radius away from her if you don't want to get kicked in the !" His uneasiness though was rather prominent, earning him mocking laughs from the cocky lads around us.

 

"What is she? five?!" Chanyeol mocked, letting Kai release another groan of frustration.

 

"Still!" He insisted stubbornly, not having anything else he could say before even pulling away from me and stomping off towards the couch.

 

I only noticed when I was finally released, that I was holding my breath when Kai was holding me close to him. I inhaled an excessive amount of air to ease myself and to stop my heart from pumping too fast due to the sudden contact and tickling sensation in my stomach, that I all got from that brief moment of closeness.

 

"Hey guys! Do you all wanna play a game?!" Kyungsoo suddenly beamed, making us all turn to him.

 

"Which game?!" Chen suddenly mused as he slung his arm around Kyungsoo's neck and grinned sheepishly at him.

 

Kyungsoo tapped his chin with his index as he thought of something, and as an idea came, he clapped his hands and grinned. "Truth or Dare!" He beamed happily, but the others only groaned. 

 

"That's too classic Soo!" Chen points out with disappointment in his tone.

 

"Well, that's better than nothing, right?!" Kyungsoo shrugged and smiled widely.

 

"But, aren't you guys going to do homework and sleep early? We have school tomorrow." I pointed out, my rational side kicking in out of impulse.

 

Sehun suddenly chuckled. "That's not something we do young lady." He told me before giving me a cringe worthy wink. Ewe.

 

My eyebrow twitched at the too carefree attitude they have that Sehun slapped on my face. "S-seriously... how do you guys even pass?!" I blurted out in frustration.

 

"Connections!" Chanyeol beamed, raising a finger in the air as if what he said was something so obvious.

 

But Baekhyun suddenly knocked on his head with his knuckles. "Silly! We don't do dirty business just so we could pass." He blurted out, wanting to correct the latter's impish reply.

 

"You don't have to hurt me to save your in front of her!" Chanyeol growled as he pointed a finger at me.

 

"Arasso." Baekhyun submissively said as he pushed Chanyeol's hand down and walked back to the couch.

 

Kyungsoo appeared next to me with a sheepish smile. "You probablay think, we pass because we have connections, no? But honestly, we don't use them at all. Not even when we get in trouble. We still receive our punishment because Principal Oh doesn't want to tolerate students' s. He's a very righteous man, so we are forced to study even if we don't want to. Add to that the pressure our parents are giving us. They expect us to do well, so even if we fool around, we still pay even the slightest attention to our priorities." 

 

What he said... Principal Oh? A righteous man? And to think that these bunch of squids have brains large enough to say something so humbling. I'm amazed.

 

"Principal Oh? Are you sure you are referring to the same man that I know?" I snorted, remembering how he didn't help me at all, how he didn't listen to me, and only said sorry as if nothing was even so big of a deal.

 

That man deserves to rot and receive karma. He's not righteous at all.

 

"You probably think otherwise of my uncle because of what happened. But I know he didn't help because he didn't care. He wasn't able to help you because our parents begged him to give us a chance." Sehun defended, but it only made me feel that sour churning at the pit of my stomach.

 

He let them off just because their parents begged him too?! Still, that's unacceptable. A righteous man does what is right in the first place, and not something that he was just asked of. My spiteful feeling for the man seemed to grow by the minute after hearing those words roll off from Sehun's tongue. I just can't accept it, because he didn't give justice to me. He's unfair.

 

I closed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter