Chapter 2

LOVE NEXT TO YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’m glad that I actually advanced to Junior Year without having to fail my grades. It was flattering that I am able to maintain it despite all the things I’ve encountered after declaring war with Kai. Well not war to be exact, but he just started picking on me ever since that day in the rooftop. He was my public enemy number one, and I was one of the dumb students to become his unfortunate target. Yes, I’m not the only one, but according to everybody, I’m his favorite target. In a way I find myself special… well in a bad way of course. Who even wants to be bullied anyway?

He had tried several things on me like I was the test rat to his experiment, but so far I consider that he hasn’t succeeded even once in his attempts because I was there not to give him the satisfaction he needed. Just like when he ruined the science proposal I was about to pass upon the due date, or when he welcomed me to school with a flour and water shower at the entrance of the school and everybody was watching, or every time when he trips me in the hallway or just the students tripping me in the hallway, or when he calls me ugly and many names in the cafeteria, or when he almost ran over his car at me by the parking lot and said he was just kidding, and many other horrible things. I’m wondering why I was actually able to endure all that, whilst the tears I’ve shed, the humiliation it caused me, more bullying from the students it brought me, and the way how it made my self esteem cower even lower. It was tiring but then I never took a step back because I’m afraid that it would just pain my parents to know that I’m a failure in all departments of life. School at most. Because as far as I know, I’m the first in the family to be bullied, and if they learned that I am, even now, I’m sure that they’ll probably take immediate measures but then still won’t get me any justice because the popular kids has their ways to easily get away or that they won’t just simply believe me, especially mom, because she don’t easily listen to me anyway.

Today, I woke up early like the usual and prepared hastily, because I hate meeting my bully and his gang early in the morning. Ever since I learned that he and his friends actually arrives around 7 in the morning, I started to wake up earlier than 6 and go to school 30 minutes later so I won’t have to see him and make my morning already bad. Every day, I would eat breakfast with the family, and would say I’m okay if dad or mom even asked how my days had been at school. Lying was the best option since I don’t want them to fuss about me getting bad treatment by the students because that would just make life harder for me since Kai and his posse really keep grudges over things that upset them. Walking to the bus stop would be a daily routine, and the bus ride to school has been my option of transport, if not, a walk going to school wouldn’t be so bad too if I’m in the mood since it’s pretty close from home.

Passing the gates of Seoul High School, I already saw several students lurking around and giving me cold stares as I walked the path going inside. It’s not really something new so I learned to just shrug it off since a long time ago, even though it was still killing me inside that they only see me now as nothing but dirt. Kai has already corrupted their minds that I’m such a bad , a pig to be kicked around without having to feel guilty, since he told everyone that I had already slept with a hundred men when I never even once had, and that I am still doing that. Many guys have actually tried to ask me to have a one night stand with them, or ually harassed me verbally and physically, but so far they failed because I was quick to get away. I can never give them the upper hand if I don’t want for something to happen to me, do I? It was hard like that, and I feel so violated in many ways, but that was the price for going against Kai.

All I can do is cry, run away, or just at least spat spiteful things towards him. For now, that’s all I can do.

The familiar scent of paint greeted me as I hurried to the lockers. It seems that they actually finished painting them over the weekend, and now that they are dried up, what remains is only the smell. Doing the combinations on my lock, I somehow envied the fact that the old rusty lockers had a makeover, and looks now just like it were all brand new. It looks untainted, untouched, it looks pleasing, unlike me, I can never cover up for the reputation Kai imposed on me to the students. I can never recover what I had lost. I will always be labeled and remembered as one of the cheap sheeps among the students.

Finally being able to open my locker, I placed some of the books I needed inside my backpack and closed it again, slung it over my shoulders and finally decided to go to the classroom so I could rest after not being able to, the night before. But the appearance of such a despicable guy when I turned around ruined my expectations of having a peaceful morning. Kai was there, leaning over the lockers, his arms crossed, as he enjoys the horror in my face when I saw him.

He chuckled shortly and smirked. I won’t be denying that he is handsome but his personality just doesn’t fit. There wouldn’t be a day that he won’t be causing trouble. He would always bully me as long as I’m in his line of sight. That’s why in the long run, I learned to avoid him. But right now, it looks like it’s not my lucky day either, since he found me. To think that I’ve already come to school earlier than he was suppose to. I guess he just figured out that I’ve actually planned things out like this, and took the initiative to come to school as early as I am just so he could make my morning a hell too.

“You think you can actually avoid me like this?” He said with an ominous smile that tells me he was up to something again.

I ignored him, considering that it’s a waste to even answer his stupid question. Of course, it’s obvious that I won’t be able to get away, I’m just trying to make things easier for me this way. Yet you are there to ruin all my plans.

A piercing glare was his answer to my silence, and not long after, he slammed his hand on the locker he was leaning on before and scowled at me.

“What do you want from me this time?!” I shouted, as I found the end of my patience. He is just  too much.

Kai’s face contorted the way I usually see it, and he took a hold of my arm as he slammed me against the lockers. He hissed as he heard the loud thud that the impact of the contact my body had with the cold metal, and he leaned his face forward close to my ear. His warm breath that touched my skin made me shiver. At that point, I didn’t know what to do. He’s scary indeed, and the terror I was feeling started to grow as he continued to pin me over the lockers.

“Just admit it that you can’t win over me. Why do you even keep on defying me? Don’t you want your life to be easy? I didn’t think that taming a dog would be easier than taming you. Do you really think just because you get to avoid me sometimes that I’ll get tired of making  your life miserable?” He was insistent. He wanted me to go down. I want to punch him in the face but I don’t opt for violence.

Pushing him would be an option, but that didn’t work either because he’s stronger. I tried to squirm away but his tight grip on my arm just made it harder for me to move. It’s painful but I try not to scream because no one wouldn’t even bother help me.

“Get away from me!” I screamed at him, as tears welled in my eyes.

Kai looked stunned when I shouted at him, his eyes widened a bit and his lips parted as if he didn’t expect me to lose my temper so easily. Well, I never really showed him that I was, nor ever cried in front of him because I vowed not to satisfy his ego. He looked confused again for a moment, although his expression was still the same. Scowling. And when my tears finally gave in and dropped from my eyes, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter