FINAL NOTE

LOVE NEXT TO YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Every secret of a writer's soul, every experience of his life, every quality of his mind is written large in his works."

- ia Woolf

 

To date, this is the first story I’ve ever finished. I’m happy because for the past years I’ve been writing since the age of four or something, I’ve never once tried finishing any work before. I love to write but I’m pretty much the kind of person to suddenly have her mind wandering then another idea pops up, and a new story would be born in my mind again. I’m pretty much impulsive that once I get bored into writing my previous work that I often abandon it only to start working on the new idea (and only abandoning it again in the end). The process have repeated over and over. And it seems, this fan fiction I’ve written had put a stop on my compulsion. Finally.

 

It’s definitely a dream come true to finish something I’ve started.

 

Maybe that wouldn’t be possible if I have not been open-minded enough to try writing at asianfanfics. At first, I’m really reluctant to try, but then when I’ve read one or two fanfics from this site, I was just so mesmerized by how novel-like the literatures were created that I’ve gotten enough motivation to write something to my satisfaction that other fanficitons may not give me.

 

I still couldn’t believe that I am able to write something like LOVE NEXT TO YOU. It’s just that sometimes I would ask myself whether I’m really the one who wrote that thing. It’s crazy. I wasn’t that into detail before, but because I wanted to be dedicated to something I like doing, the words just came out so naturally from me. I didn’t even intend on making this one an angsty/romantic/fluff in the beginning. In fact, I just begun writing this just to try. I was doing it for fun.

 

Did you know that this fanfic’s supposedly title was “LOVE NEXT DOOR”? Haha. Laughable in a sense, right? Because the time I’ve begun writing this, it was the EXO Next Door era. I was so in love with that web drama that I named the fanfic after it. And in the beginning, I was planning to make this as a RomCom. Then again, blame it on that one angst story I read before making it, that I suddenly turned everything dark (in a way). I was working on the draft of my 3rd chapter when I changed my mind and deleted those, just so I can begin again with another genre in mind.

 

You could tell that I wasn’t even trying hard in the beginning because the OC’s name is just as cliché as ‘Kim Nana’. Never thinking of finishing this story in the start, I just went with the easiest yet probably catchiest name in history to go as the protagonist’s name. Cliché, but I never regretted ever giving her that name. Kai is picked as the male protagonist because I fell in love with him through reading fan fictions.

 

I named their school, “Seoul High School”, because I didn’t want to get troubled with thinking of a name. It just popped up first in my head and so without hesitation I just typed it down. Then again,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter