"He's Kinda Cute"

Our Ghostly Cupids

U-Kwon and L.Joe sat at a bench nearby. L.Joe then started speaking.

"She wouldn't recognize you. She lost all of her memories over a year ago." He started.

"It is almost this same time last year. The rain was pouring and it was zero visibility. I thought my driver crashed onto someone and when I checked, it was her."

"You crashed onto her?! Is that why she lost her memories?!" U-Kwon reacted.

"Aniyo (no). Just like what I've said, we thought we hit her but she was far ahead of my car. Then as soon as I brought her in the hospital, I saw she had a lot of bruises and she kept complaining about her head."

"She does have intolerable pain in her head." U-Kwon remembered.

"I attended to her and checked on her head. There was some kind of a chip-like drug on her brain which is causing her headache. I knew I had to take it out before it's too late. Painkillers couldn't subdue her pain. It was the first time I encountered such case and it was very difficult to operate on her. One wrong move and it could kill her." Byunghun sighed as he tried to recall. U-Kwon was silently listening as he was slowly absorbing his words.

"I almost lost her due to some complications. But as you can see, the surgery was a success. Also, few days when she woke up, she doesn't remember anything at all. She doesn't even know her name. Nothing." He continued.

"But you could've told her! Don't you know how long I- we have been looking for her?! She didn't even get to see her grandmother before she passed away!" U-Kwon turned to him.

"Ah-I've tried to. Believe me. A lot of times I tried. But every time I do, her head hurts and she passes out."

"Still-"

"And even this morning she made me promise. That I should no longer push her to remember her past. She believes that she forgot her memories in exchange for her life. I've seen her pass out and her head hurt countless times when I try to make her remember. And the worst case made her unconscious for almost a day. I don't want to risk her life anymore. She's not like how she was before. Her body became weak."

" I can see how much you changed her just by looking how she dressed and how she acts right now. Very very different." U-Kwon grip his hand on the bench.

"I'm honestly telling you, it was all her. I don't even know how or why. But everything about her changed ever since she recovered. She no longer toss people on the ground, did you know how she cried so much when she saw a cockroach in our apartment?" Byunghun told.

"Your apartment?" U-Kwon repeated.

"Yeah. She's staying in my apartment."

"I'm taking her back." U-Kwon stood and firmly stated.

"And what? Kill her by forcing her to remember you guys? Besides, do you think she'd want to come with you? She might've changed a lot but she stands up to what she wants." L.Joe replied and just right then Hara ran enthusiastically towards them holding up a plastic of iced popsicles.

"I've brought us some ice cream!" She waved at them.

"I'll go ahead." U-Kwon turned his back on them while clenching his fist.

"oh. Wait!" Hara walked in front him and beamed a smile while handing him a popsicle.

"Here." She smiled widely. U-Kwon gazed at her eyes. He missed her. She took his hand and placed the treat.

"Call me, alright?" She made a telephone hand gesture and smiled even more.

U-Kwon grasped the cold popsicle then put it on his pocket as he walked away.

"Didn't you just ate ice cream?" Byunghun taps her head.

"Ani (no)." She shook her head and giggled.

"Should we go home?" He said and she nodded.

"What was that? Are you flirting with him?"

"Maybe? He's kinda cute, you know. I can't help it." Hara chuckled.

------------------------------------------------

Back at Block B's hangout ..

U-Kwon got back to their place. The first person he sees is Zico. He was sitted on the couch eating chips while watching TV.

"You're back." Zico nodded at him.

U-Kwon nodded back and headed to the kitchen to get himself a glass of water. When he reached out for the pitcher he felt a mass on his side. He took out from his pocket. It was the popsicle Hara gave. It already melted from the long walk back to their hangout place. He got so occupied with his thoughts about Hara that he walked the long way back instead of taking a cab.

He poured himself some water when Zico appeared.

U-Kwon was startled and instantly covered the popsicle.

"Wae? What's that?" Zico curiously came towards him to get what he was hiding. He and U-Kwon had a short tagging contest when the cold treat fell on the floor. Zico picked it up and gave it back to him.

"Sheesh. You're over reacting over a popsicle." Zico then got himself a glass and poured water for himself.

At first U-Kwon kept quiet. He lowered his head and stared at the popsicle. Zico was about to go back to watch when U-Kwon spoke.

"It was from Hara." His head low. Zico stopped on his tracks but didn't turn around.

"I bumped into her today." U-Kwon spoke again.

Zico was not responding. He was about to walk out to leave.

"I said I saw Hara!" U-Kwon shouted, loud enough for the rest of the boys to hear from their room.

P.O rushed out to them, running from his room.

"Hyung-ah! Mworago (what did you say)? Did I hear you say you saw noona?" He almost tripped as he made his way to U-Kwon.

"Why are you guys so noisy in the middle of the night?" B-Bomb scratches his eyes while Taeil, Kyung and Jaehyo trailed behind.

"I saw Hara today." U-Kwon repeated.

"Jinjja (really)? Eodi (where)?!" Kyung asked in surprise.

"Why didn't you take her with you?" Jaehyo interrupts.

"She's with Lee Byunghun." U-Kwon replied.

Zico's eyes twitched as he heard his name.

"Mwo? Lee Byunghun? Like Lee Byunghun who owns Lee hotels, Lee Byunghun?" P.O asks to assure.

"Ne." U-Kwon shortly replied.

"Why is she with him? Are you sure it is her?" TaeIl inquired.

"Of course I am. It was Hara. I can't be wrong. I talked to Lee Byunghun and he told me she doesn't remember anything. She didn't even recognized me. She wouldn't remember any of us." U-Kwon looked up to Zico who's back is facing them. He was not reacting. At least not to their sight. His arms where crossed and his fist was clenched.

"You're saying she forgot everything? Us? Like everything?" P.O motioned everyone.

"Remember the last time we saw her? That's when he met her. Byung-hun's a doctor. He specializes with cases on people's brain. He operated on her. He was saying something about a chip-like drug on Hara's head. And he took it out. And after that, she forgot about everything. If you could only see her. She's so .. so different from how she was before." U-Kwon's brows were knitting together, while he sighs.

"Did you tell her about us? Did you talk to her?" P.O pushes.

"I tried to. But he said that forcing her to remember anything makes her head hurt again and pass out." U-Kwon replied.

"You should've still tried!" P.O whined.

"It's better this way isn't it? That she forgets about us." Zico finally spoke and then left to his room.

Everyone looked at him in worry. The rest stayed to listen to U-Kwon's story.

"Hyung, we should meet her." P.O told U-Kwon. TaeIl taps his shoulder and shook his head.

"Oh come on! We've been searching for her for over a year. Now we have a lead, why are we not taking this chance now." the maknae wailed.

"Don't you think we should just let her live in peace?" Kyung's shoulders deflated and sighed.

"That's right. You heard our leader (Zico). Besides, we should focus on our debut." B-Bomb reminded.

"But-" P.O tried to but out.

"No more buts. Let's go back to sleep." TaeIl, the eldest, drag the maknae back to their room.

Everyone left to their rooms while U-Kwon stayed still in the kitchen. He suddenly remembers the calling card Hara gave her.

"That's right. I have her number!" he took it out of his pocket.

______________________________________________________

"Oppa. Kwenchanhayeo (are you okay)?" Sulli inquired. She knew Zico was still awake. His eyes were closed and his back was facing her. 

He wasn't responding.

"Don't you wanna see her again?" She asked again.

Again, there was no response from her oppa.

"Is it really okay if she doesn't know you anymore?"