"Familiar Feeling"

Our Ghostly Cupids

The next day ..

U-Kwon decided to contact Hara using the calling card she gave.

Even if the whole gang agreed not to bother her anymore. He was determined to see her again.

*phone rings*

"Yeoboseyo?" Hara answered.

"Hello. It's U-Kwon."

"U-Kwon? Oh yeah. Hello!" she replied energetically.

*She doesn't sound like this before* he thought.

"Yeah. It's me."

"Did you bring your clothes to the laundry? How much do I owe you? I can send it now."

"No. I mean .. uhm. Can't we meet?"

"Meet? Ommo. Like right now?" She sounded excited. Just like how she's now used to, she's having crushes on good looking guys she ran into.

"Yeah. If you're not busy though."

"Ani. I always got time. Text me where we should meet. I'll be there." She bit her nails, excited.

The call then ended. Though it felt strange to U-Kwon, he couldn't help but let out a smile.

"Who was that? Another guy?" Byung-hun asks as he got out from his room.

"Yep. I've got a date!" She skidded past him while giggling.

L.Joe then held her on her head and turn her around to face him.

"And who's the not so lucky guy?" He met her eye level.

"Not telling." She sticked out her tongue.

"Wae? Wae?" He asks.

"You scare off my dates that's why I still don't have a boyfriend." She tickled his sides.

He tries to break from her tickles while saying.

"Yah. Why are you so obsessed to having a boyfriend? Am I not enough." He said, half-meant.

"hmm. Let me see. Tsk tsk. This. I can't." She looked at him from top to bottom while he turn around dramatically.

"Yah. What do you mean by that?" He protested.

Hara just laughed and went inside her room.

"Yah! Who is he?" He yelled from outside her room.

"It's U-Kwon-ssi. The guy yesterday." She replied from inside.

L.Joe's smile faded as soon as she said his name.

*U-Kwon?*

He sat on a seat and waited for her to come out.

She wore a pink dress and matched it with a denim jacket and a white snicker. She looks pretty. Like she always do, in L.Joe's eyes.

"So? what do you think?" Hara spun around, showing him her fit.

"Why are you meeting with him?" He changed the subject.

"hmm? Who? U-Kwon-ssi? Ahh. I was just kidding. It's not a date." She laughs.

"So you're not meeting him?" He brightens up.

"I am." She sticks out her tongue.

"I thought you said-"

"I'm meeting him so I can pay for his laundry. I stained his jacket yesterday, remember?" She explains while fixing her bangs.

"Can't you just send him your payment though?"

"I've already suggested that too but he said he prefers to meet me." She giggles.

"Yah. Oppa. Do you think he likes me?"

*I know he likes you. He's been very protective of you back then, just like Zico*

"Aren't you ahead of yourself?" He sneered.

"alright. I was just joking. But I dressed neatly just in case. We'll never know. He may find me cute when we meet." She swayed.

"You don't need to dress up for anyone. You look good anyway."

*He liked you before even when you weren't dressed like that* he thought to himself again.

"Aigoo. Arra. You're my number one fan. No need to butter me up. I'd cook for you when I get home." She headed to the door.

"Yah! Call me so I can pick you up and bring you to the radio station."

"Kwenchana! I'll go there after I meet with U-Kwon-ssi. Bye!" She then shut the door and left the sighing Byunghun.

---------------------------------

Hara was walking to a park where U-Kwon said she'll meet her at.

U-Kwon then spotted her so he stood and waved his hand.

"Annyeong haseyo." Hara greeted with a bow.

"Hello!" He awkwardly bowed too.

"Have a seat." He gentlemanly gestures.

"Thanks." They both sat.

"So, uhm. Did the stain come off?" Hara initiated a conversation since U-Kwon was just staring at her.

He wasn't responding at first but Hara waved her hand in his face to call his attention.

"Ah. What was that?" He was too occupied by Hara's looks while wondering how much she's changed.

"I said if the stain came off from your jacket." She repeated.

"Ah yes. I think. Kunde (but/however), Hara uhm. I didn't meet you just for the jacket."

"Mwo (what)? I thought you just wanted me to hand my payment to you in person."

"A-aniyo (no). I have a lot more jacket." He waved his hand.

"I wanted to make it up for wasting the ice cream you were eating yesterday."

"Ani. It was my fault. I was looking at my phone."

"I insist. I can't be at ease until I buy you a new one."

Hara chuckled. U-Kwon was once again mesmerized but her.

"Shouldn't I be the one who should buy you a new jacket? After all, I stained your clothes with my ice cream."

U-Kwon chortled and replied.

"Like I've said, I have a lot more jacket in my closet. So can you allow me to make it up to you? I know a place nearby that sells ice cream sandwich."

"Did you say ice cream sandwich?!" Hara's eyes twinkled.

"Yes. You like ice cream sandwich too?"

"What do you mean? I love ice cream sandwich. You should've told me earlier. Where is it?" Hara stood and pulled his arm in excitement.

"ah mianhae (i'm sorry). I got too excited." She lets go of his arm when she noticed he was staring at it.

"I don't mind at all." He laughs and smiles along with his eyes.

"I don't know why but I get this familiar feeling with you that I become a bit clingy. Sorry."

"Me too. I've always been comfortable around you." U-Kwon said under his breath.

"Mwo?"

"Nothing. Uhm, shall we?"

----------------------------------

Hara and U-Kwon went to a shop which looks like a bakery since it smelled like freshly baked breads and the counter had displayed a lot of different varieties of bread. There were two counters and U-Kwon walk towards the one on the right side where there was a huge fridge and ice cream displays.

"Woah. I never knew there was a shop like this. I would've been here 24/7." Hara was amazed by the large selection of goods which was both her favorite. A hot bread and a frozen ice cream.

U-Kwon was smiling at her sight as she continued to scan over their displays.

"Can I have two of these?" Hara was on the other counter where breads can be purchased.

"You like bread too?" U-Kwon asked.

"Bread and ice cream are both my favorite. You had me when you said ice cream sandwich." She winked and laughed.

Her wink weakened U-Kwon's knees, he almost fell. His heart made a loud thump thump.

"Here's your bread." The lady smiles and handed them to Hara.

"How much is it?" She asks.

"Here, I'll pay for them." U-Kwon came from beside her.

"No. I got it."

"I invited you so I should pay for our food." He took out his wallet.

Hara pushed back his hand and took out her purse.

"You get the sandwiches, I'll get these. Sounds fair?" She smiles, her hands still on his.

"A-arraso." He surrendered.

"Aigoo. You got yourself a nice girlfriend. You're so lucky." The cashier complimented.

"Ah n-no she's not girlfriend."

"He's not my boyfriend." They both declined. A pain in the head then struck on Hara. She closed her eyes, her brows knitted.

“Ommo. What a lovely couple. You two look good together."
“We’re not a couple!” 
“Aigoo. That’s a shame. You look perfect with each other.” 

"Hey are you okay?" U-Kwon noticed she was shaking her head.

"Y-yeah. I think I just had a déja vu." She laughed it off.

"If you're not dating her, you're missing out mister." The lady said again.

"Don't worry, if he doesn't make a move, I'd be courting him instead." Hara joked which made U-Kwon flustered.

Hara was still laughing and U-Kwon was still stunned.

"Did you get our ice cream already?" She called his attention.

"A-ah not yet. Which flavors would you like?"

Soon after they bought food, they settled at a table to eat.

U-Kwon, just like L.Joe, couldn't believe how drastic Hara changed for just a year. He never imagined her to joke like that or at least not to him, but to Zico.

Somehow, he feels a bit of guilt that he is together with Hara today without anyone in the gang knowing.

"Wahhh. This ice cream sandwich is a daebak." Hara comments as she took another bite of her food.

"Aren't you going to eat?" She asked when she noticed he was just straight staring at her.

"Do you really not remember anything? From your past?" He asks.

"Aiyaa. Are we having this conversation too? Byunghun oppa keeps on asking me the same thing over and over." She complained.

"Arraso. I wouldn't ask you again." He took a bite of his bread.

"Wae? Have we met before already? Is that why yesterday you hugged me when you saw me?"

He was about to say yes but then remembered what Byunghun said. That opening about her past kind of torture her since her headache occurs every time she tries to remember.

"No. I've mistaken you for someone else." He lied.

"Oh. That's why." She continued to shove with the whole bread, very not lady-like. She sometimes forget to act prim evey time she enjoys eating what she likes.

U-Kwon was just watching her in amusement.

*Maybe Zico's right. It's better for her to forget about her past so she could start anew. And I wouldn't want to risk her health anymore. She's suffered enough.* he thought to himself.