"That Voice!"

Our Ghostly Cupids

"By the way. Do you personally know Byunghun oppa? You two talked to each other yesterday when I left." Hara asked as she sips on her drink.

"Lee Byunghun? Ahh. I met him on a beach with the rest of Block B when we had a vacation more than a year ago." U-Kwon replied.

"A beach? Is that where they owned a hotel at?" She inquired again.

"You remember?" He got a bit excited.

"Not really. Oppa told me it was also where we met each other."

*Yes. You even became a couple for a short time* he thought.

"He also said I helped him and her mom back then. Did you know, I used to see ghosts before." She whispered the last part.

*I knew it. That's why I sometimes catch her talking to herself*

"Oh really? That's amazing." he nods.

"But I don't see them anymore. I no longer see ghosts." She shrugged and finishes her bread.

"Oh I see. Are you sad about it? Did you hope you can still see things such as ghosts?"

"hmm. A little bit. I feel like it helped me in some ways before. I just don't remember how. Just uhm, gut feeling I guess."

*Did someone helped her back at the abandoned building when she left that night? Or was that just a gust of wind* he tried to recall the scene.

While he was into his thoughts, Hara's phone alarms.

"oh. It's almost time. I need to go to work." She packed up her things.

"I can give you a ride." He offered.

"Aniyo. It's okay. I'm used to riding on the bus." She tried to declined.

"Please. Let me." U-Kwon held her hand which made Hara looked at him and his hand on her back and forth.

"I'm sorry. I mean, it is more convenient if I drop you off instead of riding the bus, isn't it?" He withdrew his hand and scratched the back of his head.

Hara let out a short chuckle and said.

"You're blushing." She teased.

"Really? Ani. It's just because of the climate. It feels a bit warm, don't you think?" He fans himself with his hand.

Hara laughed at him and her laughs made him melt again.

*You've indeed changed a lot. But your laugh remains the same*

"Well if you insist."

--------------------------------------------

U-Kwon drove Hara to the radio station. During their travel, they kept having conversations where U-Kwon was still a bit timid since he's not used to Hara acting this way. Hara on the other hand kept having her now usual high energy and jokes around to make him more relaxed towards her.

They finally arrived to Hara's workplace before the clock struck at seven in the evening.

"Thank you for the treat and for dropping me by." Hara bowed thanks.

"You're welcome. I'm glad I made it up to you." He smiles with his eyes.

"So, I'll go ahead. Be careful on the road." She waved goodbye.

"I will. Thanks." He nodded.

U-Kwon left with the biggest smile plastered on his face. He would never imagine he'd have long conversations and time with Hara like this.

Meanwhile, Hara didn't think much of everything that's happened. Since she's got used to having crushes or like going out on dates. She thought it was just like one of those days. Though with U-Kwon, she felt a familiar feeling unlike her previous meet ups with other guys.

At 7pm sharp, she started her program.

--------------------------------------

"Food's ready!" Jaehyo announced to call s.

Kyung, TaeIl and B-Bomb proceeded to the kitchen together with P.O who just came out of the shower.

"Where's leader?" Kyung asks.

"I saw him entered the recording room earlier. Haven't he went out since this morning?" P.O replied and tossed his towel on a seat.

"Let him be. He's probably thinking about her again." B-Bomb stated. They all nodded and agreed.

"U-Kwon though?" TaeIl noticed he's not at the table too.

"Here!" U-Kwon said as soon as he got back.

"Where did you go? Get your bowl and eat." Jaehyo nudge.

"Ah I'm full. I just ate. You guys enjoy your meal. I'll go ahead and take a shower." U-Kwon excused himself.

"Was is just me or he looks so happy?" Kyung observed.

-------------------------

At the recording room ..

Zico was sitting almost laying on the reclining chair with paper on his face, hands clasped together, swaying his seat left and right.

He was trying to write some lyrics for their album but he can't seem to concentrate. The thought of Hara kept bugging his mind. He was getting frustrated since he needs to write another song to finish their album.

He groaned in frustration and sat back straight. Crumples the paper and throw it into the bin.

"I can't find the lyrics that can fit the beat." He scribbled over another draft paper.

"I think you should rest for a while oppa." Sulli was worried. She was staying beside her oppa like she always do.

"I have to finish something today." He breathe out and gripped onto his own hair.

"I know. But your mind is too occupied, you need to relax." She tells him again.

"Why don't you put on some radio and listen to random songs. You might get inspiration from them." Sulli suggested.

"Arra." Zico obliges and playead the radio. He was switching channels trying to get the clearest frequency.

He stopped changing channels when he heard 'Airplanes by B.o.B feat. Hayley Williams' song playing.

The song ended then the jockey started to speak.

"That was Airplanes by B.o.B. I hope you enjoyed that as much as I did." They heard the dj spoke.

Zico almost fell from his seat and turn his head to Sulli.

Sulli was evidently shocked too. They were thinking of the same thing.

"That voice!" Zico's eyes widened.

"It's her!" Sulli exclaimed.

"If you can wish for one thing right now, what would it be? My dear listeners, share your thoughts through our live chat. I'll be reading some of your comments afterwards. For now, let's bob our heads and enjoy this song from BigBang. Y'all know what it is, Fantastic Baby!" Hara spoke so lively from the radio again.

Zico's eyes started to well up. Sulli saw this too.

"Oppa. It's her. It's Hara unnie." She floated towards him.

He covered his face with his hand. Then stomped his fist on his desk.

He got even more confused. She had been lingering on his head since U-Kwon spoke of her which affected Zico's concentration. And now, hearing her voice once again made his chest tighten.

They kept listening throughout the program. He wanted to make sure he heard her right the first time.

"Thank you guys for sending in your comments. And as promised I'd be reading some of them right now." Hara said.

"Here's from Aira36, 'I wish I could get my dream job'. You'll definitely get that job. Go girl!" She started reading comments.

"From LuckyBoi, 'I wish to go New Zealand to see my parents'. Aww, I hope you get to fly to them soon."

"Here's another one, from WendyFanboyForever, 'I wish to be your boyfriend'. Aigoo thank you for comments. Yeorobun (everyone), keep your comments coming. I'll keep reading some of them until the end of our program.

Again, if you can wish for one thing, what would it be? Here's a song request from Li.ya. This is DJ Wendy and I'll be back for the last part of our program."

'Beautiful Night by Beast started playing'

 

At Hara's workplace ..

Hara was leaning on her chair with headphones on her neck. Holding her phone reading comments when Byunghun's text came in.

"So you got a lot of suitors now? WendyFanboyForever keeps on posting comments on your live forum. 😜"  The text read.

Hara chuckled and replied.

"Whatever. Aren't you busy at the hospital and you keep on replying to him. I can see your comments too, you know?"

"Ani. I can pick you up after your broadcast to drop you off the cafe."

"Arraso. See you!"

Hara then kept on reading some more comments as she sips on her water.

She then noticed one comment that seemed familiar and she read.

"From uk_0530: hope you enjoyed your ice cream sandwich." Hara smiles at the comment. Knowing it was U-Kwon.

She continued scrolling through the live forum until she was on air again.

'Genie by SNSD playing fades'

"That was SNSD singing Genie!" Background music plays and fades.

"We're now on the last part of our program and as promised, I'd read some of your answers to our question of the day.

Let's see, oh this one, 'I wish everyone happiness.'  Aww that's so sweet and very selfless. Thank you MaRiYa." the background music continues to play.

"From Ana_xx: 'I wish to see my boyfriend again one last time. He passed away two years ago.' " she read. She then felt a tingling sensation on her head. A blurry picture of a guy appeared on her mind. A staff then knocked on her window and signals she's still on air.

It'd been a 10 seconds on dead air since Hara stopped talking due to the pain in her head.

"W-wow. That's kinda heavy. On to the last comment before I leave you guys. Here's from LeeIvy04 'I wish I can eat whatever I want without getting fat'." Hara lets out a half awkward laugh.

"We all do wish for that. And that ends our program today. We'll back next week for another night of fun, singing and life sharing. This has been your DJ Wendy, you don't see me but you can feel me. Goodnight everyone!" She then ends her show with another song.

Daniel, who have been constantly staying beside her even if she doesn't see him anymore, sighs.

"I wish you could see me again too." He said as if she would hear him.

 

 

_________________________________________

Hi guys! I have mention on my previous updates that I am currently unemployed. Soooo, tomorrow I am actually scheduled for an interview at my dream job. Wish me luck!

I'll put another author's note on the coming updates if I get the job. Hihi