"They Wouldn't Lie To Me!"

Our Ghostly Cupids

[Meet me at our hotel's garden]

Hara received Byunghun's texts. She sighed and looked back to the boys' room before leaving.

It was almost 2 in the morning when Hara arrived at the Lee's hotel garden and saw Byunghun was already waiting with his eyes already closed and seemed to be almost asleep with his head bobbing.

"Hara, he's tired. He had so much to do earlier." Ji Ae ajumma said while they made their way to him.

"He shouldn't have told me to meet him then. You have one hard-headed son ajumma." She faked a smile.

Byunghun opened his eyes when he felt someone else's presence.

"I think it's because he's lonely, that's why." The ajumma replied.

"Hey. How long have you been here." He straightened his seat.

"I just got here. Your mom told me you were busy the whole day so why bother going to our place and telling me to come here instead of taking a rest?"

"Nothing, I just need company." He weakly smiled.

"Is it too visible that I'm tired, for you to notice?" He touched his face and made a face.

"So." Hara began, totally ignoring his trying hard aegyo. Byunghun straightened and waited for her to continue.

"Are you willing to talk about your mom now?" She bluntly asked. Byunghun's face instantly changed and leaned his back on his chair.

"I'm a man of my words, so go. Speak."

"Okay. First of all, I just want to inform you that your mom is right here with us." Hara started.

"Do you really think anyone would believe that?" Byunghun raised his brow. 

"No. I don't need you to believe that I can communicate with her. I just want you to listen to all that she wants to say."

"I don't get it." He sighed. "Ajumma. What do you want me to tell him?" Hara ignored him and turned to the lady.

"I want to explain to him why I was not able to be beside him all those years." Ajumma's tears were starting to well up.

Hara told him how his grandparents have separated him from his mom.

"Liar! Grandma said she didn't want to take care of me because she was too selfish and I was just a burden to her! That she wanted to live like a queen, that she didn't want any disturbance and someone to look after. She only married my dad because of his money!" Byunghun accused.

"No! No son! That's not true!" The ajumma cried.

"Stupid! Her family was already well themselves! What makes you think she needs your father's money?" 

"Because she's greedy! She wanted more of what she already have!" 

"His father and I truly loved each other. I've devoted my life to him and our children." Ji Ae continued to sob.

"They loved each other and she had devoted herself to your father and to you and your sister."

"If she really loved me.. if she really loved me, why didn't she do anything to see me?! Why didn't she follow me to the States? She has all the money she could get from my father!"

"I did! Believe me son, I did! But your grandparents were more powerful. They did everything so that I couldn't get out of the country. They even got me jailed! That day, when I was about to leave for States, his grandparents set me up. One of my bags had a pack of drug which I swear I don't own. One of their men planted it on my bag. He was sitting beside my bag when I was waiting to board. I had recognize him since I saw him often working for them." 

"She tried to follow you to the States. But your grandparents blocked her ways to get there. Did you even know that she got jailed?" Hara questioned.

"Ha! She got jailed because she tried to steal some old man to his wife! She was sued! You see how lowlife she is!" Byunghun stressed his words.

"Was that what they told you?" The ajumma cried harder. "She was set up by your grandparents at the airport. One of their men planted a pack of drugs to one of her bags."

"Why would my grandparents do that for?! They wouldn't lie to me!"

"They have always been lying to you. Saying your mom doesn't care for you. That her, trying to communicate with you is just for show." Hara was just calmly explaining with her voice down.

"No! They wouldn't lie to me!" Byunghun repeated while holding his head.

Hara stood. "You said she wasn't trying to reach out to you, but she always does. Through Mimi. But you had already blocked her in your head, in your heart." She pointed his head then his chest and after, stood to walk away. Byunghun was left stunned.

"I'm sorry ajumma. I don't think I had helped you. I will still try to talk to him some other time. I will still keep the promise I made to you-" Hara's words were cutted when she suddenly felt his hand grabbed hers. She turned to face Byunghun whose head is low, letting out short sobs.

"Byunghun-ah" Ji Ae floated beside him. "Are you.. are you speaking the truth?" Byunghun asked, it was evident with his voice that he is about to cry.

"I told you, I wouldn't get anything even if I lie to you." Hara calmly stated.

The two were alone, standing quietly in the middle of the garden. No one was around. With the brightness of the moonlight, Byunghun raised his head then continued to speak, "You mean to say that I have been hating my mother my whole life for the wrong reasons?"

This time, a tear had finally escaped his eyes. Both the ajumma and Byunghun were crying.

Hara held him in his shoulders and assisted him to put him back to his seat and pulled out her handkerchief then gave it to him but he didn't took it but instead asked Hara.

"Why didn't she tell me earlier? When she had opportunities to talk to me? Why didn't she mention anything about all of my grandparents' doings?"

"I didn't want to ruin their images to you. I knew you loved them so much because that's what you always told me everytime I get the chance to talk to you and that's how I see from the pictures being sent to me by the investigator."

"She didn't want to ruin your grandparents' image to you. She knew how you loved them so much." Hara interpreted. "But that just made me hate her and hurt her feelings!" Byunghun stomped his fist at the glass table.

"I got so distant to her Hara. So far away. I missed her every single time of the day ever since I got to the States. But she seldom calls me. She seldom tries to communicate with me."

"She calls to your house everyday but they didn't tell you that. They cutted every way of her communicating with you. And even if she hired an investigator, it won't be able to come near you because you were always guarded by your grandparents. She just got contented of the pictures being sent to her."

"Why? Why did they do that?" 

"Because they never liked your mom for your father. She said that their families had issues way way back their ancestors time that's why they never wanted her to be part of the family. But because your father fought for her, they hated her more and decided to punish her by taking you away from her."