"What Do You Take Me For?"

Our Ghostly Cupids

"I'm not your driver." Byunghun eyes Zico when he sat behind the driver's seat and pulled Hara inside too.

"A-ahh. My arm." Zico acted like his injured arm hurt and Hara worriedly held onto it.

"Where does it hurt?" Hara checks on his arm.

"It's alright. It's alright." Zico assured her.

"Oppa let me sit here so I can assist him." Hara turned to Byunghun.

He gripped onto the car's door and faked a smile in defeat.

"Of course." He slammed the door to Zico's side then proceed to drive back to their hotel.

Soon they reached the Lee's hotel and rode the elevator to go to their respective rooms. Zico stood between Byunghun and Hara and is looking very proud of what he was childishly doing.

"It's my floor." Zico said.

"Where are you going?" Byunghun stopped Hara from going with Zico.

" I will just assist him back to their room." She explained.

"It's his arm that's injured, not his feet." Byunghun can't help but be evidently pissed by him.

Hara looks back at Zico when he responded,

"It's okay. I can walk there myself. You need to send in your recordings today, right." He reminded her again.

"The one we worked on together." Zico leaned and whispered to her ears but loud enough for Byunghun to hear. This made Hara blushed uncontrollably and panics as she gently pushes Zico off the elevator.

"Okay. Bye!" She shoved him out.

Zico waved while giving Byunghun a sheepish grin.

Byunghun clenched his fist angrily. He's definitely getting on his nerves.

Hara opens her door and walks inside her room, Byunghun followed inside.

She didn't question him since they're used to having each other at the same room.

Hara hurriedly searched for her laptop.

"Why are you with him?" Byunghun asked.

"Where did you sleep last night?" He asked another question since she didn't reply on his first query.

"Oppa, jamkkanman (wait). I really have to send this now." She responded while she continues to click on her laptop. She then accidentally pressed play on the recordings last night to which Zico's voice can be heard.

Hara panics and tried to pause the recording but it was too late. It got to the part were they heard the sound of lips kissing.

"! ! Stop!" She tried to pause from the laptop in panic.

"What was that?" Byunghun steps in front of her.

"Nothing! It was part of the script!" She laughed awkwardly.

"Hara I know what fake kissing sounds like. What was that?!" He asked firmly this time.

"Well .. uhm .. we kinda .. kissed?" She replied which sounded more like a question.

"You kissed?!" Byunghun repeated with a louder voice.

"It was just part of the script! I swear-" she tried to reason out when she saw the hurt look on Byunghun's face. He was clenching on his fist until they turned white.

"Oppa-" she tried to grab his arm but he yanked it away and looked down.

"I'll be in my room." He walked out and banged the door close. He was evidently mad and disappointed.

"Isn't he acting a little too much? He never acted this way when I dated other guys before. I'm not even dating Zico-ssi." She pouts.

Night time came. Hara looks at her clock and saw it was already 8pm. Her and Byunghun usually eats together by this time. She still feels a bit guilty for what happened earlier so she decided to knock on his room to invite him to eat.

"Oppa? Oppa it's Hara." she knocks.

The door slowly opens with Byunghun not looking straight at her. She entered the room and saw a bottle of liquor on his table. He sat on the couch then took another drink.

"You're drinking?" She asked the obvious.

He shot on short look at her then proceeded to pour himself another.

When he was about to take another shot, Hara took the glass from his hands and put it on the table.

"Why are you drinking? Have you even eaten yet?" She slightly scolded. Byunghun tries to get his glass back but Hara pulled it back.

"Oppa! What's the matter with you?!" She rebuked.

"Hara, what do you take me for?" Byunghun asked, tipsy.

"Mwo (what)?"

"What do you take me for?!" He shouted a little loud. Hara flinched at the sudden change on Byunghun's tone.

"Yah! What are you doing?!" Daniel, who has been always at Hara's side, is starting to worry about the situation.

"What do you mean? You're my closest friend. You're like a brother to me." she replied.

"Brother? Ha!" He raised his head and scoffs.

"And Zico?" he asked.

"What does this have to do with him?" Hara questioned.

"Do you still love him?" he grabbed her arm, Hara winced.

"This isn't looking good." Daniel stated and disappeared to call on Sulli and Zico.

"Oppa, it hurts." Hara tries to remove his hand but he grabbed both of her arms.

"You love him still, don't you?!" He shakes her while asking.

"I don't know what-"

"Wae (why)? Why does it always have to be him after all this time?!" He wailed.

"Oppa. I don't understand you .."

"I won't let anyone have you!" He said. He then pinned her on the couch, holding both of her hands as he started to kiss her neck aggresively.

Hara cried. She cried and cried but didn't budge to move. When Byunghun was about to kiss her on the lips, he stopped when he saw tears flowing out of her eyes.

"Why don't you even try to fight back?!" He yelled at her. Hara's eyes were closed, and while still crying she responded.

"You've done so much for me. You gave me a second chance to live. If this is the only way you'd want me to pay you -"

"You think this is just some kind of a payment?! Fight me! Kick me! Kill me if you have to!"

Hara shook her head, still crying.

"Why are you doing this to me?!" Byunghun howled.

"Hara! Hara are you in there?! Open the door!" they heard someone calling from outside but none of them had time to bother.

"After all this time, why can't you ever look at me the way you look at him?! Can't you see how much I love you?!" Byunghun shouts as his tears fell on Hara's face.

At the same moment, the door flung open.

"You son of gun!" Zico was enranged. He took off his arm sling support and pulled Byunghun off Hara. When Byunghun fell on the floor, Zico used his injured hand which was also his dominant hand and blew him his hardest punch.

Byunghun's face landed on the floor as he bleed on the carpet.

"Don't you ever try to go near her again! You hear me?!" Zico threatens. Byunghun couldn't stand up. Zico then pulled him from the floor on his collar and turn him to face him. He threw another punch and Byunghun wouldn't even dodge or fight back.

"You lay another finger on her, I promise you, you'll never live another day!" Zico was about to hit him with another blow when Hara interrupts.

"Andwae!" she held on Zico's fist while sobbing. Zico loosens his grip on Byunghun's collar as he dropped knee first on the floor.

Hara kneels next to Byunghun and wipes off the blood from his bursted lips using the sleeve of her clothe.

Zico tries to stop her but she pulls her hand back and continued to wipe off Byunghun's blood on his face until it's almost clean.

"Just like how I forgot everything in my past, I'll forget this night happened. I'll only remember how you've been always good to me." She managed to let out smile.

Hara stood then faced Zico. Her eyes shifted to his shaking fist while he's breathing heavy due to rage. She took his hand as she guided him out the room and shut the door behind them.

Hara walks out the hotel with Zico to take him at the nearest clinic. She was quiet the whole time while Zico kept glancing at her with her hands holding his injured arm. He didn't dare to speak a word until they reached the clinic where a community nurse fixed the bandage on his arm.

"I've fixed your bandage. Make sure to avoid anything that can worsen your injury." the nurse reminded then left.

"Arraso (I understand). Thank you." Zico thanked.

A few minutes passed.

Sulli spoke to break the silence. "Oppa, do you think she's okay?" she turned to Zico.

"Hara?" Zico calls.

"Oh? Oh yeah. Are you good? Let's go?" She stood, alarmed by his call, and picked up her bag to leave.

Zico pulled her from being sitted on the clinic's bed and took her in a tight hug.

"Yah. I'm okay. We should go-" she tried to break off from the hug. Zico held her tighter and started rubbing her head.

"I told you I'm okay." She tried to hold back her tears. "I'm okay." Her tears finally escaped from her eyes.

Zico rubs her back as she wraps her arms around him like a child complaining to her parents. He lets her cry it all out.

"She must've been so scared." Daniel comments. Sulli also sympathized to her especially she too had experience of assult.

---------------------------------------------

"What are you planning to do now?" Zico asked. They were sitted infront of the waters.

"I don't know. Maybe I'll work somewhere else and find another place back in the city." she drew circles on the sand.

"By the way, how did you know I was at his room?" she turns to him.

"I actually had a little help from a friend."

"A friend?"

"Yeah. Remember how I can see ghosts."

"You mean you have ghosts friends stalking me?" she raised a brow.

"Well" he glanced at Daniel. "You can say that."

"Tell your friend that I thank him."

Zico looks at Daniel who was sitted right next to her and smiled.

"Thank you too. For saving me." She shifted to him and straightened a smile.

*You've saved me more than I did you.* he thought.

"What happened to you back there?" He asked.

"He told me he had feelings for me. What a way to get a confession right?" She faked laughs.

"Haven't he confessed his feelings for you before? And now he chose to do it after getting drunk and has no self control?"

"He joked about it a couple of times but I never thought he was serious about it. Also, when he confessed, that's when I understood why he was acting strange after he heard the recordings. He might've got jealous."

"That's not new news for me." he whispers.

"He even said something strange. He kept saying that I always choose you, this and that."

"What'd you tell him though?"

"I didn't got to react since he started .. doing that." She shrugged and sighed.

"Do you .. hate him?" he asks.

Hara took a deep breath.

"I can't get mad at him."

"Wae?"

"Hating someone .. it can never give you peace in life." she started.

"Knowing the Hara before, she wouldn't have let that bastard do that to her! She could've kick his  and he'd end up in the hospital!" Sulli punched in the air.

Zico shook his head at his dongsaeng's comment.

"Is it really that easy to forgive someone who hurt you?"

"Why? Have you been wronged before too?"

"I'm actually at the other end of that." He looked down.

"You hurt someone?"

"I never intended to. But I ended up hurting her the worst way someone can hurt the person they love the most." He searched for her eyes. He still feels very sorry for everything that had happen in the past.

"What happened?" She replies as she was staring back at him.

"She lost her parents and her boyfriend because of me." He turned his head to Daniel.

Daniel shook his head at him.

"You killed them?" She acted like stabbing in the air.

Zico heavied a sigh and replied.

"You can put it that way."

"You don't look like someone who could kill." She cups his face with her hand. Zico was surprised by her touch.

"Have you ever asked for her forgiveness?" She removed her hand. Zico continued to gaze at her.

"I didn't have the guts to face her. I don't even know if she'll ever forgive me for everything that has happened because of me." He clenched his fist.

Their conversation got cut off when Zico's phone suddenly rang.

"Hello? I'm at the beach. You're all there?" He looks at Hara.

"Arraso. See you." He ended the call.

"That was TaeIl hyung."

"Right. Go. I've been tying you up with me since yesterday. You should go back to your members." She dusted off her leg and stood. She then helped him get up while he said,

"They're back at the restobar. You should come too. Join us for dinner."

"No it's okay. I'm not hungry-" she failed to lie when her stomach protested and grumble.

Daniel and Sulli chuckled.

"Go. Take her with you. She haven't had supper." Daniel said.

"They'd be happy to share their meal with you." Zico took her hand and they both walked to the Pyo's restobar.