"Cold"

Our Ghostly Cupids

Hara and Zico entered the resto, Zico’s hand still on Hara’s wrist. They passed through Kyung and U-Kwon who noticed the two slipped to the back door.

*What’s the problem? Zico looks mad. Who was that girl with him?* Kyung thought.

The two headed outside at the back of the restaurant.

“What were you doing back there?!” Zico’s voice was furious.

“Ommo. He’s mad!” Daniel elbowed Sulli.

“I was just-“

“You were what? We were supposed to help noona here, and what were you doing? You were tryin’a flirt with the competitor!” he slightly tightened his grip which made Hara flinched since he had pressed her sore hand from where she had poured the porridge. She yanked away her hands and rubbed her hand, her head low.

*! I forgot she still has burn on her hand*

“I’m sorry.” He gently reached Hara’s hand but she quickly pulled away.

“Kwenchanha. It’s me who has to apologize. Mianhaeyo youngmaster Woo.”

*Youngmaster Woo* her call struck his heart. She hasn’t been addressing him as her youngmaster lately, not until now. He stood there dazed, while Hara made her way back the kitchen to help.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I’m back to help.”

“C-changkaman! Who’re you?” TaeIl pulled away from the stranger. Hara looked up at her with confusion on her face.

“Hara I think it’s because of your look.” Sulli kinda guess.

“Oh. Youngmasters, it’s me.” She put on her apron.

“Holy molly! Hello legs!” Kyung was taken aback when he entered the kitchen.

“Hara. Are you okay now?” NaYoung said as she put the tray at the counter.

“HARA?!” Jaehyo, Kyung and TaeIl’s eyes grew wide.

“Ommo! Ommo! Everyone should see this!” Kyung pushed her out the kitchen into the counter.

“Hyung! Maknae! Look, it’s Hara!” he proudly held Hara on her shoulders, showing her to everyone. At the same time, Zico stepped back inside.

“She’s hot.” “Yeah, she is.” “I will be eating here more often if she’s working here.” Boys inside the restaurant took glances at her while Hara tries to cover herself shyly.

“Noona! Ommo. You’re so pretty!” P.O went in front of her and started pinching her cheeks.

“Yah. She had fainted awhile ago, you’ll make her dizzy if you keep shaking her like that.” U-Kwon patted the maknae’s back.

“I should get back to work now.” She excused herself and was about to go back the kitchen when she came face to face with Zico. She politely bowed and went passed him.

“Cold” Sulli raised her brows and floated after Hara.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

It was passed 11 when they closed the restaurant. Everyone gathered to the tables and prepared for dinner.

“Woah! Let’s eat!” they all excitedly took their chopsticks and dig in, except for two, Hara and Zico. The two kept quiet for the whole dinner which no one had dared to open about.

At passed 1am, everyone got settled on their bed, all were tired and easily fell asleep. However, Zico and Hara both find it hard falling to sleep.

“Hara, Zico oppa isn’t sleeping yet too.” Sulli worriedly told her.

“Hara?” Daniel called.

“Are you still mad at him?” Sulli asked with slight pout. Daniel elbowed her and shook his head.

“I’ll go check on him.” Hara slipped on her slippers and made her way downstairs. She carefully opened the door to not wake up the sleeping boys then went near to Zico’s bed side.

Zico noticed someone went in their room so he shut his eyes close and pretended sleeping. The figure stood beside him then it sat and crossed its legs on the floor. Somewhere inside him knew it was Hara. It was a quiet evening and only the occasional buzzing of insects can be heard.

Hara was just there sitting at the floor staring at Zico. She knew he wasn’t sleeping yet. For the time that she had been watching over him in his sleep, she knows when he’s already asleep or not. She waited for some time until she noticed he was actually already falling to sleep. It’s like Zico had found himself secured when Hara came to watch over him to sleep. He finally dozed off and when Hara saw he was peacefully sleeping, she left their room quietly and went back to their own room and tucked herself on her bed.

“Hara-ssi. Gomawoyo.” Sulli bowed lightly towards Hara.

“What are you thanking me for?” Hara asked while fixing her hair on her pillow.

“Thank you for always looking after my oppa even if he sometimes hurts your feelings.” Sulli’s voice got a little bit shaky and Daniel and Hara noticed this.

“Sulli.” They both called, she started crying. “I’m sorry. I just can’t-“

“Shh. Everything’s gonna be alright.” Daniel took Sulli for a hug and rubbed her back soothingly.

Hara sat straight on the bed and gave Sulli sympathetic gaze.

“It’s hard you know. I want to be with him when he has problems, yes. But the fact that I can’t talk to him nor hug him like this, it pains me. No one else will be there for him. And maybe that’s the reason why I still can’t go to the light.” She continued to sob.

“He has friends. Block B oppas. There’s nothing you have to worry about.” She tried to comfort her. Sulli removed from the hug and looked at Hara with tears in her eyes.

“When he’s with Block B oppas he only appears to them happily. He seldom tells them his problems, only when he drinks too much and get too drunk. For these past years I’ve spent staying beside him, I always see him cry, afraid, fragile. Someone has to take my place, caring for him.” She wiped her tear.

“If it will make you at ease, I’ll just be the one to watch over him for you. Since it’s my job-“

“Your job? Right.” Sulli’s shoulder deflated.

“What she means is ALWAYS. Someone who wouldn’t take it as responsibility.” Said Daniel.

“Hara. Hara please. Can you promise me? Promise me you’ll always be there for my oppa? I’ll be at peace if I’ll be leaving him in your hands. Please promise me you’ll watch over him forever.” Sulli float straight in front of Hara with pleading eyes.

*Hara* Daniel worriedly waited for her response.

She always does things for the dead for them to peacefully p through. But this one’s special, because the people involve had already gotten close to her heart.

“I promise.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hara went back to being tucked on her bed while Sulli and Daniel strolled out with a relieved Sulli.

She reviewed everything that happened today then Zico’s words repeated on her mind.

“We were supposed to help noona here, and what were you doing? You were tryin’a flirt with the competitor!”

*He called me a flirt? But I didn’t do anything.* she felt her chest tightened and tear escaped her eyes. She then placed her hand on her cheek and look at her palm that has a drop of tear on it.

*Why am I crying? It’s not like I haven’t been called names before. Why am I crying right now?* Feeling a heavy chest, she hugged her pillow tightly and had fallen to a deep sleep.