"We're Just Friends"

Our Ghostly Cupids

"Aren't you at least a bit curious about your past though?" Byung-hun asks Hara again.

"Aigoo. Even if I was, it only costs me headache and I pass out." She took another sausage on his plate.

"But you know you can always ask me what I kno-"

Byunghun's sentence was cut when Hara stood and leaned her face on his'. Their forehead was touching. He froze.

"Yah. Great doctor L.Joe, please please. Promise me that you will not push me to remembering my past again. I've already had my fair share of headaches and countless passing out. What if the next time it happens you're not there? Do you want me to hunt you when I die of headache?" Hara took a bite on L.Joe's sausage which was sticking out from his mouth. She then sat back and smiled silly at him.

"Yah! I told you not to use your flirty moves at me!" He was blushing.

*She's so different from how she was before.* He thought.

"What? I was just practicing. It might come in handy. You'll never know." She laughs.

Hara, unlike how she was before, has started to get flirty with guys she meets. She goes crazy around them. Having crush here and there that L.Joe had gotten used to it. Though he make sures none of them could take advantage of her.

But sometimes, it's just inevitable to see her crying over a crush every other day and moves on to her next crush the next day.

"Going back. What if someone recognizes you one day and tells you about your past?"

"Aigoo. As long as they wouldn't kill me from headache I might listen." Hara sighed.

"But what if-"

"Aiyaaa. You need to stop your what ifs and eat your food already. I need to leave to start my duty in the cafe."

--------------------------------------------------------

"Hey. Call me after your duty so I can pick you up, alright?" L.Joe said as he dropped Hara off at the cafe she works at.

"Arraso abeoji!" She grinned and saluted. Byung-hun shook his head at her silliness and drove off.

"Annyeong haseyo!" Hara greeted happily at her co-workers.

"Did L.Joe drop you off again?" MinA asks when Hara passed by the counter. She nodded and replied with a smile.

"Aigoo. You're so lucky. I wish I also have a boyfriend like him." she leaned in to her and pouted.

"He's not my boyfriend. We're just friends." Hara pushed her off as she closed the door to the changing room to put on her uniform.

"Yah! No ones buying that! You're literaly living under the same roof." Hyeri joined in.

Hara finishes changing and answered back.

"We don't sleep in the same bed. We're not in a romantic relationship." Hara stuck out her tongue as she puts on her apron.

"There is really nothing going on between you two? Really?" MinAh asks again.

"Jinjja jinjja. He's still free as a bird if that's what you're trying to ask." Hara made a face and started the coffee maker.

Hara has her work as a radio dj and after her program, she goes to a cafe where she works with MinAh and Hyeri. She's been a night person ever since she recovered from her surgery. Since she was used to being alert at night when she was guarding Zico in his sleep before, her body got used to that schedule. And since she's often awake and has more energy at night, she chose to work at night hours.

After Hara's surgery, L.Joe took her in his apartment. He decided to move back to Korean while his dongsaeng Mimi studies back in the States. He takes care of Hara and their closeness grew more and more as time passed by.

_______________________________________________

"Hara. I heard you played Boyfriend's song earlier. Their song has a nice catch, right?" Hyeri said as she was prepping her tools.

"It does! I really liked their song. Even B1A4's songs. Have you listened to them too?" Hara asked back.

"I did! I loved their songs too!" Hyeri replied.

"Yah! But have you heard about another boy group that's about to debut? What was their name again? B something. B-Ba" MinAh tried to recall.

"Block B!" Hyeri interrupted.

"That's right! Block B!" MinAh said excitedly.

*Block B* Hara repeated on her mind which caused a pinch of pain to her head.

"Hara, kwenchanha?" MinAh checked.

"Ne. I just felt a bit dizzy." Hara massaged her temple.

"Alright. So as I was saying, these boys are about to debut! I've already checked on their profiles. Look! I have a copy of their pictures in my phone." MinAh showed the two.

When Hara was about to take a look at MinAh's phone, customers arrived so she greeted them and took their orders.

_____________________________________

The cafe closes down at 12mn. Hara was packing up her things while Hyeri and MinAh just finished cleaning up the shop.

"Hara. They say Block B's already accepting interviews for exposure before they debut. You should invite them to your program. I swear it would be a hit." MinAh opened up about them again.

"I guess you found another boy group to fangirl over huh?" Hara smiled sidewards.

"Yep! Just take a look at them. Don't they all look soooooo hot!" She squeals and showed Hara a picture of Block B on her phone.

Hara took a glance and stares. She had to blink a couple of times as she felt a hint of pain on her head again.

"Hara?" Hyeri noticed her face.

"Ah oh yeah. I'll see what I can do. Anyway I'll go ahead. See you girls tomorrow." She waved them goodbye and left.

"I should call Byunghun oppa." She was about to dial his number when she noticed an ice cream stand along her way. Her eyes twinkled. It was her favorite.

"Waaaaah! I didn't know you're still open this late." Hara approached the to-go truck.

"You're lucky indeed miss, I was just about to close up." The middle aged ajussi spoke.

"oh! Can you still sell one last ice cream for me! I'm really craving for some ice cream." Hara rubbed her hands together and made a cute pout.

"Aigoo. I would be heartless if I declined you. Well, what flavor would you like?"

"Chocolate!" She enthusiastically answered.

Hara then skipped happily while her ice cream on a cone.

"Oh! I almost forgot. I need to call Byunghun oppa." She kept walking while searching her phone on her bag and dialed his number but before he could answer the call, she suddenly bumped into someone. Her ice cream stained on the guy's clothes.

"Oh! Cheosonghamnida! Cheosonghamnida!" She bowed repeatedly and tried to wipe off the stain using the sleeves of her sweater.

"Aniyo! It was my fault. I wasn't .. looking .. Hara!" The guy was apologizing but then he looked up and saw her face.

He was wearing a black hat and under that was a red hair which totally complements his white complexion.

He took Hara's hand which she was using to wipe his shirt with and took her in a hug. Hara dropped her cone and its remaining ice cream on the ground.

He tightened his embrace as he wanted her to feel how much he missed her.

"J-jamkkanman (wait a minute)." She broke off the hug.

"I'm really sorry for what happened with your shirt. Here's my calling card, call me so I can pay for the cleaning."

"What are you saying? Don't you recognize me?" He took off his hat and messed up his hair.

Hara squinted her eyes and when she had a clear look, her eyes instantly popped.

"Ommo! I do recognize you! You're part of that uhm that boy group that's gonna debut. What was the name again. B-Block B!" She tried to remember and got excited when she recalled.

"Wh-what? Yeah. Of course I am part of Block B. I've always been a part of Block B. Why do you sound like that?" He asked, bewildered.

"Oh I knew it! Annyeong haseyo! Min Hara-imnida." She took his hand and gave him a hand shake.

"What? Don't you remember me? It's U-Kwon! Why are you introducing yourself to me?"

At the same time, L.Joe was running towards the both of them and called.

"Hara!" He was panting as soon as he reached the two.

"Oh. Oppa!" She turned to him while he was panting.

"Yah are you okay? Why weren't you answering your phone after you called?" He inspected her side by side.

"Oh ne. I accidentally bumped into him that's why I got occupied for a moment."

"Lee Byunghun-ssi?"

"oh! U-Kwon-ssi?"

"You know each other?" Hara stood in between the two.

"Why are you together with Hara?" U-Kwon pulled Hara towards him.

"Uhm excuse me. He's my friend." She laughed awkwardly and yanked his hand away.

"Uhm. Hara, can you give us a minute?"

"What? Why? Why does she have to leave?" U-Kwon asked with his brows knitted.

"Arra. I'll try to see if I can buy another ice cream." Hara obliges and shrugged.

"Hara-" U-Kwon tried to call out when Byunghun stopped him.

"What is happening?" U-Kwon demanded an answer. His tone was starting to get a bit angry.

"I'll explain everything to you."